INDICTED (INDICATED) #3 USA v Donald Trump - Judge Tanya Chutkan - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

INDICTED (INDICATED) #3 USA v Donald Trump - Judge Tanya Chutkan - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Post by Kendra »

CNN reporting that tfg will be attending next week's hearing in person.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:12 pm CNN reporting that tfg will be attending next week's hearing in person.
Here's hoping they said "TFG _said_ he would be attending..."

I mean, 8 years and they have learned nothing about how to cover this monster.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:12 pm CNN reporting that tfg will be attending next week's hearing in person.
For one brief moment I read that as "in prison" and my heart swelled with hope. Then I just realized my glasses were smudged.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:23 pm
For one brief moment I read that as "in prison" and my heart swelled with hope. Then I just realized my glasses were smudged.
Me too! Only it wasn’t smudged glasses - just wishful thinking :lol:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

In a confluence of craziness, Ray Epps has popped up on my radar twice today. The government is recommending 6 months sentence; not sure when the sentencing hearing is but it must be kinda soon since that info floated across my eyes somewhere.

This substack also floated across my consciousness today - I don't recall reading it when it was published back in early December, but it must have come out when teamtfg filed their motion to for discovery of all the (conspiracy) records the DOJ has. Epps figures in this, too - they want info about his supposed relationship to the FBI. I guess if Epps is in prison when the trial takes place, he won't be able to say much in public to defend himself. I doubt, however, that the judge will let that nonsense into the courtroom in any event.
No matter. Fox’s Tucker Carlson amplified the false theories about Epps on his program, as did elected GOP officials such as Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). Then Trump got into the mix as well, talking about Epps at political rallies. #WhoIsRayEpps trended on Twitter.

After that, Epps was regularly attacked by total strangers as a traitor to America. Some threatened his life. Ray Epps and his wife had to sell their business and home and go into hiding in an RV.

There is no evidence Epps had any association with the FBI or was any kind of plant. Instead, he was a convenient target, a villain for extremists to tarnish and condemn, much the way they did election worker Ruby Freeman just for doing her job. Like Freeman, Epps is suing news networks like Fox who intentionally defamed him.
https://statuskuo.substack.com/p/a-smok ... medium=web
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:04 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-paid-v ... 42863.html
Can a steady diet of lies and innuendo overcome the truth?
Ask this guy:

In the short term, yes. In the long term, well it did not work out well for said dude above.
101010 :towel:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:01 am
Kyle Cheney
@kyledcheney

JUST IN: Trump has filed his final brief on presidential immunity to the appeals court in DC. It bizarrely cites (twice!) to this anonymously authored compendium of voter fraud claims (many, if not all, of which have been debunked) that Trump posted on social media earlier today.

Trump’s lawyers stop short of saying the report has any true information — but many of these claims were also rejected prior to Jan. 6. And a lot of the info is just conclusory statements or allegations of vulnerabilities without evidence they were actually exploited.
The brief - https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 55.0_1.pdf
IANAL, but I'll be courteous and make the introductions. Trump attorneys, here are some old friends, Iqbal and Twombly.

Not that an appeals court needs to deal with that when the appeal is about immunity.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Here’s that report tfg has been citing btw: https://cdn.nucleusfiles.com/e0/e04e630 ... states.pdf
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Yeah, but where does it spell out presidential immunity :?: :?: :?: Seems to be a irrelevant pile of steaming :shit: to offer to the court :brickwallsmall:
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:05 pm Yeah, but where does it spell out presidential immunity :?: :?: :?: Seems to be a irrelevant pile of steaming :shit: to offer to the court :brickwallsmall:
It proves the election was stolen, which makes tfg’s actions within the outer perimeter of his official duties and immune to prosecution.

They claim.

:lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I wonder when he will start filing printouts of pcap files from Mike Pillow and Dennis Montgomery. That's only a few steps before "I do not consent to this prosecution"
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Three tweet thread -

Anna Bower
@AnnaBower

New: Trump’s legal team seeks to hold special counsel Jack Smith in contempt for purportedly violating the court’s order staying proceedings in district court.

This motion strikes me as exceedingly frivolous.

Proceedings in Trump’s federal election interference case are stayed—i.e., paused—while the appeals court considers Trump’s immunity claim.

But the special counsel isn’t enjoined from filing motions or handing over information.

Of course, Trump’s legal team isn’t obliged to respond to the filings or accept service of discovery.

And the district court won’t consider the motions until the the DC Cir. resolves Trump’s appeal and the stay is lifted.

But there’s nothing contemptuous here.
Link to court filing - https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .192.0.pdf
raison de arizona

But there’s nothing contemptuous here.
Oh there's something contemptuous here. It's tfg and his team of crack (smoking) lawyers.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

MTN Ben Meiselas comments on the motion to stop Jack Smith from filing stuff to the docket

► Show Spoiler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:38 pm Three tweet thread -

https://twitter.com/AnnaBower/status/17 ... 0999565447
Anna Bower@AnnaBower

New: Trump’s legal team seeks to hold special counsel Jack Smith in contempt for purportedly violating the court’s order staying proceedings in district court.

:snippity:
The fun part seems to be that Judge Chatkin will not be acting on this motion as the case is on stay in her court, and once the appelate court (incl SCOTUS) remands the case, she can drop the motion as moot. (IANAL disclaimer follows ...)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Jack Smith has filed a reply to the "show cause we do not want stuff" filing by the former guy.

Ben Meiselas comments
► Show Spoiler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://abcnews.go.com/US/special-couns ... =106131854
Special counsel Jack Smith's team has uncovered previously undisclosed details about former President Donald Trump's refusal to help stop the violent attack on the U.S. Capitol three years ago as he sat watching TV inside the White House, according to sources familiar with what Smith's team has learned during its Jan. 6 probe.

Many of the exclusive details come from the questioning of Trump's former deputy chief of staff, Dan Scavino, who first started working for Trump as a teenager three decades ago and is now a paid senior adviser to Trump's reelection campaign. Scavino wouldn't speak with the House select committee that conducted its own probe related to Jan. 6, but -- after a judge overruled claims of executive privilege last year -- he did speak with Smith's team, and key portions of what he said were described to ABC News.

New details also come from the Smith team's interviews with other White House advisers and top lawyers who -- despite being deposed in the congressional probe -- previously declined to answer questions about Trump's own statements and demeanor on Jan. 6, 2021, according to publicly released transcripts of their interviews in that probe.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

This is a very good article. The new material is limited but super interesting, and the recreation of the day, and where the new info fits in, is one of the better.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Scavino hoped Trump would finally help facilitate a peaceful transfer of power, sources said.
Scavino knew him for decades and hoped this? Tool.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Scavino seems to be genuinely mesmerized by Tramp, and seems to really believe he is a great man. Cohen described being under that kind of spell himself.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

After unsuccessfully trying for up to 20 minutes to persuade Trump to release some sort of calming statement, Scavino and others walked out of the dining room, leaving Trump alone, sources said. That's when, according to sources, Trump posted a message on his Twitter account saying that Pence "didn't have the courage to do what should have been done."

Trump's aides told investigators they were shocked by the post. Aside from Trump, Scavino was the only other person with access to Trump's Twitter account, and he was often the one actually posting messages to it, so when the message about Pence popped up, Cipollone and another White House attorney raced to find Scavino, demanding to know why he would post that in the midst of such a precarious situation, sources said.

Scavino said he was as blindsided by the post as they were, insisting to them, "I didn't do it," according to the sources.

Some of Trump's aides then returned to the dining room to explain to Trump that a public attack on Pence was "not what we need," as Scavino put it to Smith's team. "But it's true," Trump responded, sources told ABC News. Trump has publicly echoed that sentiment since then.

At about the same time Trump's aides were again pushing him to do more, a White House security official heard reports over police radio that indicated Pence's security detail believed "this was about to get very ugly," according to the House committee's report.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

According to the sources, shortly before 6 p.m. on Jan. 6, Trump showed Luna a draft of a Twitter message he was thinking about posting: "These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously and viciously stripped away from great patriots. ... Remember this day for forever!" it read.

The message echoed what Trump had allegedly been saying privately all day.

Sources said Luna told Trump that it made him sound "culpable" for the violence, perhaps even as if he may have somehow been involved in "directing" it, sources said.

Still, at 6:01 p.m., Trump posted the message anyway.

About an hour later, Twitter suspended Trump's account.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Sick.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

If for some reason Scavino thought Trump should do something tweet-wise to quell the insurrection, he alone had access to the account. He could have tweeted from tfg's account that might have gotten them to leave.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”