trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy, defamer, and rapist)

Post by raison de arizona »

Unbelievable. But not surprising.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Have they checked the other bathrooms at Mar-a-Lago?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Did it take them three years to find out? :eek:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Don't worry. Somehow this will all be Biden's or Obama's fault. Mark my words.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/16/politics ... index.html
Former President Donald Trump doubled down on language condemned for its ties to White supremacist rhetoric, saying at a campaign event in New Hampshire on Saturday that immigrants are “poisoning the blood of our country.”

The comments mark another instance of Trump using increasingly violent rhetoric in his campaign messaging. At his most recent campaign event in New Hampshire prior to his appearance Saturday, Trump used the word “vermin” to describe his political rivals, drawing broad condemnation, including from President Joe Biden, who likened his comments to “language you heard in Nazi Germany.”

Trump told a crowd gathered in Durham, New Hampshire, on Saturday that immigrants “from all over the world” are “pouring into the country,” reiterating a phrase he used previously that sparked outcry from the Anti-Defamation League.

“They’re poisoning the blood of our country. That’s what they’ve done,” Trump said. “They poison mental institutions and prisons all over the world, not just in South America … but all over the world. They’re coming into our country, from Africa, from Asia, all over the world.”
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Strange to hear that from a descendant of a more recent immigrant from Europe :confuzzled: If only he had a Mayflower migrant in his pedigree ...
raison de arizona

You’ll be surprised to learn that the phrase poisoning the blood was popularized by Adolph Hitler in Mein Kampf.
► Show Spoiler
Another so unfair whine.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Tangerine Turd wrote: . . . Let the voters decide.
They decided last time, but you didn't like it then, which why you're is so much hot water. But don't worry Donnie D., there will be voters on the juries in your criminal trials. Maybe they'll vote to acquit . . . and maybe they won't.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Ron Filipkowski
@RonFilipkowski

This right-wing announcer is telling people how much Trump loves and cares about them as they stand here for hours and he is now 1 hour and 19 minutes late coming from his hotel in Vegas and still isn’t here.
Tweeted just now. It'll be interesting to see just how late he is. Funny... I don't feel sorry at all for all of those folks waiting and waiting and waiting.

Edited to add - Trump is supposed to be speaking in Reno right now.

Edited to add - Ok, Trump was 1-1/2 hours late to his speech. Good grief. Such respect for his supporters. :roll:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Amusingly, I'd lay money that it was 50-50 between him being petulant & arrogant or him having a medical or medical-adjacent issue that needed attending, but his supporters would deny either and care about neither.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Watched the first couple of minutes of it. Basically a Daily Beast article sayd financial filings show that Trumps legal fund has *shock* only raised a Million bucks. And it's only payout has been to pay for an event in Marry Lardo. That's whats covered in the first couple of minutes.

I hope Trumps Lawyers like getting stiffed, because he isn't bringing any money in to pay them, and he is laundering what is coming in to finance 5 minutes of his lavish lifestyle.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: Tapper: If you were to open Mein Kampf, you would find Hitler talking about German blood being ‘poisoned’ by non-German blood. Donald Trump claims immigrants are ‘poisoning the blood of our country.’ There’s no other way to say it, Trump’s language directly mirrors Hitler’s
raison de arizona

Trump Called for Mass Deportations of School Children who “Don’t Speak English”
Trump claimed schools “don’t know what to do” with children who don’t know English

Trump revealed a plan for mass deportations during a podcast interview with Eric Bolling, claiming that school children who are learning English are overwhelming schools. Trump said, “We’re going to have a mass deportation,” before justifying his plans.

When Bolling asked Trump to elaborate on his mass deportation plan, Trump citied migrants in hospitals and schools:
tfg wrote:“We don’t have rooms in our hospitals, our schools. They go into classes. They don’t speak English. Nobody knows what to do. They have languages that nobody even knows. You have a lot of languages in this world. They have languages. Well, we don’t have any people that even understand or know those languages. They can’t teach them. They’re all over the place. We have classrooms in schools which are loaded up with people that don’t speak a word of English, and the schools are there and they have no idea what to do about it. It’s a very sick situation.”
Trump is revealing his dark plans if he win a second term. If Trump regains power, schools could see students ripped from classrooms based on immigration status.

Schools, many of which are historically underfunded, may need more resources to address the needs of migrant students, but virtually all have plans for addressing the needs of English language learners due to federal law.
https://www.meidastouch.com/news/trump- ... ak-english
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Well, to be fair, the first Mrs Trump told us decades ago that the only book the OSG ever read was My New Order. And that ke kept it on his bedside table the whole time they were married.

Too bad in 2016 the press didn't scream "Mein Kampf!!!" at least half the number of times they screamed "her emails!!!!".
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

All those underfunded schools that can't afford to teach proper English to their white kids... Will those kids be sent back to Europe :?: :twisted:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:14 pm
tfg wrote:“You have a lot of languages in this world. They have languages. Well, we don’t have any people that even understand or know those languages. They can’t teach them.”
https://www.meidastouch.com/news/trump- ... ak-english
If you can't teach someone whose language you don't speak how to speak English, how do we teach babies? They don't know English and not many adults can't effectively speak 'baby' (though quite a few can make as much sense as a baby when they start babbling...)
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:14 pm
When Bolling asked Trump to elaborate on his mass deportation plan, Trump citied migrants in hospitals and schools:
tfg wrote:“We don’t have rooms in our hospitals, our schools. They go into classes. They don’t speak English. Nobody knows what to do. They have languages that nobody even knows. You have a lot of languages in this world. They have languages. Well, we don’t have any people that even understand or know those languages. They can’t teach them. They’re all over the place. We have classrooms in schools which are loaded up with people that don’t speak a word of English, and the schools are there and they have no idea what to do about it. It’s a very sick situation.”
That's the key. They're not speaking the languages of our white European ancestors. They're speaking languages from Africa, from Asia, and obviously no one here speaks any of those languages. :roll:

Schools have successfully dealt with children who don't speak English for centuries. Trump, being a racist idiot, has no clue.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

And children pick up new languages so easily. A friend of mine, who immigrated from Central America as a child, picked up English watching cartoons.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:48 pm And children pick up new languages so easily. A friend of mine, who immigrated from Central America as a child, picked up English watching cartoons.
Slim, you are correct. The little ones are sponges with information. Here in Lee County (where approx 40% of households speak a different language) the kids first year is in an ESL program.

p.s. F*ck tfg
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

RVInit wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:31 pm Well, to be fair, the first Mrs Trump told us decades ago that the only book the OSG ever read was My New Order. And that ke kept it on his bedside table the whole time they were married.

Too bad in 2016 the press didn't scream "Mein Kampf!!!" at least half the number of times they screamed "her emails!!!!".
"But His Struggles!"
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I see what you did there.... ;)
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:thumbsup:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:27 pm If you can't teach someone whose language you don't speak how to speak English, how do we teach babies? They don't know English and not many adults can't effectively speak 'baby' (though quite a few can make as much sense as a baby when they start babbling...)
I thought I could speak baby, but they just look at me funny. Maybe I have the wrong dialect. THey speak southern baby and I seem to babbling in Yooper Baby.

Ooby da goobie ya, eh.
101010 :towel:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

northland10 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:19 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:27 pm If you can't teach someone whose language you don't speak how to speak English, how do we teach babies? They don't know English and not many adults can't effectively speak 'baby' (though quite a few can make as much sense as a baby when they start babbling...)
I thought I could speak baby, but they just look at me funny. Maybe I have the wrong dialect. THey speak southern baby and I seem to babbling in Yooper Baby.

Ooby da goobie ya, eh.
Maybe they're Troll Babies. Have you tried babbling in Flintstone?

Yabba dabba doo!

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”