trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

trump (the former guy, defamer, and rapist)

Post by Flatpoint High »

poplove wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:07 am
northland10 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:59 pm I'm sad. I just realized I may be related to Trump through his grandmother. :crying:

Luckily, it appears the connection maybe 400 years ago or so. That was a close scare.
I'm sad, too. According to relativefinder.org, he's my 12th cousin 4 times removed. Common relative is John Forbes 1472-1547 in Scotland.

But I'm also happy. President Obama is my 11th cousin 3 times removed. Common relative is Farquhar MacRae 1580-1662 in Scotland. :dance:

ETA: Jimmy Carter is my 9th cousin. Common relative is Robert Gordon, 1850-1661 in Scotland.
Via geni.com:
Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the USA is your first cousin twice removed's wife's uncle's wife's first cousin once removed's husband's great niece's husband's uncle.
and Kamala Harris via her hubby:
Kamala Harris, 49th Vice President of the USA is your great aunt's second great uncle's wife's third great nephew's wife's sister's husband's first cousin twice removed's wife's brother's wife.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:40 am :snippity: Via geni.com:
Kamala Harris, 49th Vice President of the USA is your great aunt's second great uncle's wife's third great nephew's wife's sister's husband's first cousin twice removed's wife's brother's wife.
Almost siaters, eh? :biggrin:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:39 am
Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:40 am :snippity: Via geni.com:
Almost siaters, eh? :biggrin:
Just about. :thumbsup:
castigat ridendo mores.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Sadly, there is a distant relation to the mango mussolini. On my dad's side he is my 14th Cousin, 1x removed. Mr. Obama is the same. It's interesting though. Went through that list they showed, and I'm related some way or another (mostly xth cousin, nx removed) with a lot of presidents. And apparently a direct descendant of James Stewart, some Scottish guy.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

According to that site, I have no relatives. I spontaneously generated, as I’ve always suspected.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:40 am ]Via geni.com:
Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the USA is your first cousin twice removed's wife's uncle's wife's first cousin once removed's husband's great niece's husband's uncle.
How do you find this out? Does it cost anything?
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

jez wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:18 am Sadly, there is a distant relation to the mango mussolini. On my dad's side he is my 14th Cousin, 1x removed. Mr. Obama is the same. It's interesting though. Went through that list they showed, and I'm related some way or another (mostly xth cousin, nx removed) with a lot of presidents. And apparently a direct descendant of James Stewart, some Scottish guy.
From my mom's side I'm related to 42 presidents, all cousins, and a few not removed (LBJ, JFK, Nixon).
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

And I thought I was cool being related to Charles Bronson. :oopsy:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

As far as I can tell, the Family Search website is free, though I assume you have to register. It is one by the LDS church. This is different than ones like Ancestry.com, which is a separate company, though it was founded by Mormons.

I did not register or look further, so I do not know what Family Search is using for source data (though the LDS folks have been very good at collecting historical documents, and Ancestry started by using those from the LDS church). The genealogist in me is always suspect of some "here is your ancestors" quick claims. Genealogical research is a messy thing, as even official documents can be less than reliable at times. If they used family trees created by other users, those could easily have lots of bad data in them or be completely wrong.

I have documents from relatives who were doing genealogy stuff before the internet, and there is still a bunch of stuff they later realized is wrong. In my sad claim above, I did say "may" though the timing and the location are leaning too, am, but I have not dug as far.

Anyway, eventually we are all related to each other; it just depends on how far back we go. My Trump connection, if it is there, is 400 years or so back.

The difference with me on genealogy is my research is not to find if I am related to specific people but just where my family lines go in history. I find that fascinating by itself and I am content with finding by background is filled with nobodies.
101010 :towel:
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:29 pm
Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:40 am ]Via geni.com:
How do you find this out? Does it cost anything?
I have an account over @ geni.com - it's free. I have a tree, and several relatives have trees.
so, I do this: Google search [name] geni. this brings me to the results and I click if there is a genealogy page for that person. I surf over to the site, click "how you are connected" and genius does a search. of there is a connection, you'll see the relationship path
the bulk of results for me are on my dad's side.
castigat ridendo mores.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

My paternal grandfather did some genealogy stuff, but some was easy because there were books with genealogy details in Norway where he was born. My grandfather traced one branch to a 15-great grandfather, born in 1240, who was an advisor to the king. But if you reverse the process, and look at that ancestor, and all of his descendants, I'm probably one of many thousands. I figure, at that level, I'm related to half of Norway. Especially since all of my ancestors, at some point, came from Norway.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:18 pm I have an account over @ geni.com - it's free. I have a tree, and several relatives have trees.
so, I do this: Google search [name] geni. this brings me to the results and I click if there is a genealogy page for that person. I surf over to the site, click "how you are connected" and genius does a search. of there is a connection, you'll see the relationship path
the bulk of results for me are on my dad's side.
Thanks, I'll give that a try!
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Years ago I did a tree on Ancestry. To start with I had a typewritten list prepared by an uncle so I could check to make sure I was getting the right story each time.

I followed the male line back to the first of my name in North America, a ferry operator in Connecticut. Then as I started considering my mother's side, Ancestry came up with a special weekend search your British ancesters for free offer. So I continued our male family name using the British archives. They have church records going way back. In my case all the way to the first of my name in 1066. Turns out the founder of our line was an Anglo-Saxon turncoat that let the Normans into the local Castle. He was rewarded with a property and a name - the first 'earl' of [our family name] - or "laird" is probably a better title (it was close to today's Scottish border).

I'm not 100% confident that the records can be trusted that far back, but the indication was that that my first named ancestor was the second son of the local King and it was a bit of sibling rivalry that turned him to a traitor. Whatever, the family lost the 3rd generation to a horse riding accident, and the 5th generation (I think) to a burning at the stake after the local populace got sick of his predatory paedophilia. The family lost the "laird-ship" to another family that had been close allies for years. Coincidentally, my dad grew up with his best friend who was himself a descendant from that family that replaced ours as "lairds".

I never did get very far on my Mother's side. I've got a photo with 5 generations of women in it, my sister being the youngest. So I've got the starting point for that one. But I only think I got 2 or 3 generations past that. And of course you have to decide which line to follow back at each point, father or mother.

EDIT: :hijacked: this is a hijack. Do we have an 'Ancestry' thread? I should move this there.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

keith wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:10 am EDIT: :hijacked: this is a hijack. Do we have an 'Ancestry' thread? I should move this there.
Yes

viewtopic.php?p=230587#p230587

I may have just created it. ;)
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 554f&ei=23
It appears that former President Donald Trump is not a fan of MSNBC, evidenced by a late-night social media post that attacked Comcast CEO Brian Roberts.

Trump posted on his Truth Social account his latest harangue targeting MSNBC, erroneously claiming that the left-of-center cable news outlet uses “FREE government approved airwaves.” MSNBC, like all cable news outlets, is on cable and not broadcast networks like ABC, CBS, NBC, and PBS. But that erroneous allegation may be embarrassing for the former president but it wasn’t the least of the eyebrow-raising comment.

Trump called the Comcast CEO Brian Roberts a “slimeball” ostensibly because he oversees a network that, in Trump’s esteem, is “nothing but a 24 hour hit job on Donald J. Trump and the Republican Party for purposes of ELECTION INTERFERENCE.”
Trump wrote:

MSNBC (MSDNC) uses FREE government approved airwaves, and yet it is nothing but a 24 hour hit job on Donald J. Trump and the Republican Party for purposes of ELECTION INTERFERENCE. Brian Roberts, its Chairman and CEO, is a slimeball who has been able to get away with these constant attacks for years. It is the world’s biggest political contribution to the Radical Left Democrats who, by the way, are destroying our Country. Our so-called “government” should come down hard on them and make them pay for their illegal political activity. Much more to come, watch!

That last bit is perhaps the most noteworthy and even terrifying for anyone who believes in the First Amendment and free speech. “Our so-called “government” should come down hard on them and make them pay for their illegal political activity,” Trump wrote, which strongly suggests that if he returns to the White House, he plans to “make them pay” for what he wrongly deems to be “illegal” political activity.
So, free speech for me, but not for thee?
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Off Topic
northland10 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:15 pm As far as I can tell, the Family Search website is free, though I assume you have to register. It is one by the LDS church. This is different than ones like Ancestry.com, which is a separate company, though it was founded by Mormons.

I did not register or look further, so I do not know what Family Search is using for source data (though the LDS folks have been very good at collecting historical documents, and Ancestry started by using those from the LDS church).
Family Search is indeed free, but it is confusing … well, it confuses me! There's certainly a lot of stuff there and it accesses external data sources too (unless they are just bulk copied in). Some material they have indexed but they don't have the rights to the source material so the site will offer a link to ancestry.com or other sites where one can purchase access.

Definitely worth a prod around, especially if someone has already researched a branch of the family tree of interest. And that's more likely if you have Mormons in the tree! I have a twig of Mormonry, which was a surprise.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Except that isn't Engoron’s wife. Not that it matters to them.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1729 ... 34622?s=20
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: Trump is now inciting his mob against Judge Engoron’s wife
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

GAFFnWZXYAAffM1.jpeg
GAFFnWZXYAAffM1.jpeg (85.02 KiB) Viewed 2010 times

I remember this song. It's an oldie but goodie. The plan will be ready in two weeks.

Here's the thing. We're on Indiana's version of ACA which I gather is somewhat different from what the rest of the country does. It's not perfect but it's not horrible. They pay for all of my medications of which the Trulicity, Dexcom sensors and asthma inhalers alone add up to about $1,500/mo. They did try to boot me into a cheaper inhaler in the middle of a pandemic that attacks the respiratory system. That kind of pissed me off, but I documented how badly that went wrong and a week later I was back on my original inhaler. They haven't said a thing about it since. They wouldn't pay for the two crowns I got today either, but when I had corporate dental insurance I had a $1,500 annual cap which isn't a whole lot different from not paying for my crowns. I really can't complain and it allowed us to retire a bit early so we could come back and take care of our aging parents.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That truth: :rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

And the plan details will be announced in TWO WEEKS.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

IMG_6544.png
IMG_6544.png (96.61 KiB) Viewed 1936 times
https://www.threads.net/@tristansnell/post/C0QJeNEgh41/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Maybe tfg can hit up Mike Lindell for a loan? Oh, wait.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Is the grifting well running dry?

Looks like it.

Tired of winning yet?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

RVInit wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:12 pm And I thought I was cool being related to Charles Bronson. :oopsy:
I know the feeling. I once worked with Robert Culp's adult grandson, and nobody knew who he was if I brought it up. Zero street cred gained.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Trump rips Wall Street Journal over editorial on ObamaCare stance

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4335 ... press.coop
The Journal, in an editorial published Wednesday, wrote that Trump had given “his opponents another gift over the weekend by vowing to ‘terminate’ ObamaCare —or at least that’s how Democrats are translating his blunderbuss comments.”

Trump over the weekend said he was “seriously looking at alternatives” to the program, saying it is “is out of control, plus, it’s not good Healthcare.”

The Journal said Trump has so far not communicated a better plan on health care.

“There are other ideas, but they require doing some homework and honing a message,” the Journal wrote. “If Republicans have nothing more to say than Mr. Trump does, they’re better off ducking the subject lest they lead with their chin.”

Trump ripped the newspaper Thursday, calling it “really a MESS” in a post on his Truth Social website.

“The Globalist ‘paper’ sucks, its influence is badly waning, and the concept of, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, is not exactly music to their ears,” Trump wrote of the Journal. “They fought me hard in 2016, but when I WON, Rupert Murdoch was the first to call. ‘Great going,’ he said, ‘lets have lunch.’ He called often, never getting what he wanted to get, or hearing what he wanted to hear. How did that work out, Rupert?”

Trump has for months been railing against the Journal, the New York Post and other media entities owned by billionaire mogul Rupert Murdoch over their coverage of him and his political rivals.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”