Hunter Biden - But His Emails! Gun Charge Indictment, Taxes, Hacking, Election Interference, Russian Ops - Jack Maxey

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
NewMexGirl

Hunter Biden - But His Emails! Gun Charge Indictment, Taxes, Hacking, Election Interference, Russian Ops - Jack Maxey

Post by NewMexGirl »

I tell ya one thing: I wouldn't want to go head-to-head with Abbe Lowell under any circumstances.

It is unknown who is paying for Hunter Biden’s legal expenses at this point. I have seen a suggestion that Abbe Lowell is doing it for free ‘cuz Abbe Lowell is having so much fun teasing and toying with all the House Republicans. Pretty strong indication that Lowell’s confident that Republicans are 100% full of shit and floundering around and failing to make a case—any case.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Comer: We Will Hold Hunter Biden in Contempt of Congress
Comer says he spoke with Speaker Johnson

James Comer said he and Jim Jordan spoke with Speaker Mike Johnson last night about what they will do if Hunter Biden refuses to appear for a closed-door deposition on December 13, and he authorized them to move forward to hold Biden in Contempt of Congress.

In a surprise move yesterday morning, Hunter Biden's attorney Abbe Lowell sent a letter to Comer stating that he will agree to testify in an open hearing before the American people in front the the Oversight Committee but will not submit to a deposition behind closed doors since Comer and Jordan have established a track record of lying on TV about deposition testimony of previous witnesses.

Comer said this morning on Newsmax that was unacceptable. When asked why, he said that Reps. Dan Goldman and Jamie Raskin serve as Hunter's "defense attorneys" whenever they hold these hearings, and he is concerned that they will dominate the proceedings. Of course, what Comer is really afraid of is that every public hearing that has been held has resulted in a firestorm of criticism from right-wing media that he is incompetent.

Comer then said that he met with Speaker Johnson and Jim Jordan last night to discuss their options, and "Mike Johnson has our back." Comer says they will move forward with holding Hunter Biden in Contempt of Congress if he fails to appear for deposition. That would require a criminal referral to DOJ who would then likely appoint a Special Counsel.

The other possible scenario is that Hunter appears for the deposition but, instead of refusing to testify, takes the 5th Amendment to every question, which is his right since he could still be prosecuted criminally and Congress has not given him immunity. If that happens, it would make it virtually impossible for the House to hold him in contempt.

The Comer Clown Show is overmatched. They know, so all they can do is throw out innuendos and threats.
https://www.meidastouch.com/news/comer- ... f-congress
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Show up, plead the fifth after making a public statement reminding everyone that Jordan is about two years out from shrugging off his subpoena and that he will gladly testify in public where Comer & Co can't lie or twist his words.

Works for me.

(sure, a lot of people would just not show but I say pick your battles. I think this is better in the long game.)
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

LOL Goldman and Raskin acting as "defense attorneys." They get 5 minutes like everyone else on the committee.

I like the "behind closed doors but take the 5th" option, too.

But if he does end up testifying in a public hearing, each answer should be preceded with "It's been xxx days since Rep Jordan has ignored a congressional subpoena."

These clowns are so incompetent.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

Congressman Jared Moskowitz @RepMoskowitz wrote: If Chairman Comer had a shred of evidence against Hunter Biden, he’d be BEGGING to have a public hearing.

But he doesn’t. He wants to keep testimony behind closed doors so he can just keep reciting his conspiracy theories to his echo chamber.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I initially thought the human mannequin standing next to him was going to be my take-away from that, then Moskowitz busted out "Chairman Clouseau" for the win.
raison de arizona

They've got him this time! Joe helped Hunter buy a truck when Hunter's credit was in the toilet, and then Hunter paid Joe back for the payments before taking them over.
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: "There's a lot of smoke & we're trying to see fire... but I think most of the American ppl are seeing something that would result in an impeachable offense" -- Rep. Arrington to Bartiromo on bombshell revelations that Biden bought a truck for his son when he was a private citizen
► Show Spoiler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

IMG_3782.jpeg
IMG_3782.jpeg (238.79 KiB) Viewed 21861 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:biggrin:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

"The Tooth Fairy?" Clearly more proof that the Biden Crime Family (tm) has been paid agents for the LGBTQ Mafia for almost five decades! :roll:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

Comer is concerned about Hunter driving under the influence. And he has too many cars.
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: "He's apparently on drugs -- should be be driving to begin with?"

James Comer is getting even more desperate
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

After his huge news that Joe Biden helped Hunter with car payments was mocked, he could have just acted like he never said it. The base would move on with no issue. Instead, he had to do something new with it.

Dude, remember your base. When a claim is mocked, pretend like you never said it and find something new. Your supporters won't care. They will follow you to the next shiney.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

I'm surprised Jordan didn't spontaneously combust signing this letter.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Irony is dead.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/07/politics ... index.html
Federal prosecutors have filed a new criminal case against Hunter Biden, people briefed on the matter said.

The exact nature of the charges couldn’t immediately be learned because court documents have not been made public.

Special counsel David Weiss, in recent weeks, has been using a federal grand jury in Los Angeles to gather testimony and evidence on possible criminal tax charges against President Joe Biden’s son.

Hunter Biden already faces criminal charges in Delaware related to a gun purchase.

This story is breaking and will be updated.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

My understanding is that was all paid back. It seems to be really pushing it, to put it mildly.
raison de arizona

Why come they just settled with Roger Stone? And his stuff was older but similar amounts.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:13 pm My understanding is that was all paid back. It seems to be really pushing it, to put it mildly.
Nothing like going after a random private citizen. This is random, right?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/07/politics ... index.html
Hunter Biden faces nine criminal charges in federal tax case
:snippity:
Prosecutors also allege in the 56-page indictment that he “subverted the payroll and tax withholding process of his own company” by withdrawing millions of dollars outside of its payroll and tax withholding process.

:confuzzled: I hope some news peeps take a deeper dive on that part of these charges. Are they saying he dipped into employee withholding? He certainly isn't the first business owner to do that and likely not the last, but IMHO that's the worst. I'd be pretty pissed if my employer withheld my taxes and then kept it instead of sending off to the government. But that's one reason why we use a payroll service to handle all that stuff.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Kendra wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:56 am https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/07/politics ... index.html
Hunter Biden faces nine criminal charges in federal tax case
Prosecutors also allege in the 56-page indictment that he “subverted the payroll and tax withholding process of his own company” by withdrawing millions of dollars outside of its payroll and tax withholding process.

:confuzzled: I hope some news peeps take a deeper dive on that part of these charges. Are they saying he dipped into employee withholding? He certainly isn't the first business owner to do that and likely not the last, but IMHO that's the worst. I'd be pretty pissed if my employer withheld my taxes and then kept it instead of sending off to the government. But that's one reason why we use a payroll service to handle all that stuff.
It sounds more like they are saying that he paid vhimself without paying the taxes.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks Chilidog, that helps.
raison de arizona

The Recount @therecount wrote: “They are trying to destroy a presidency. And so it’s not about me … What they’re trying to do is they’re trying to kill me, knowing that it will be a pain greater than my father could be able to handle.”

— Hunter Biden on the “Moby Pod”
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He's not wrong. Even if that's not their actual intent, they wouldn't care if it happened.

Return to “Current Politics”