Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Yes, she's part of the Christian right that supports Israel so the end of the world can come faster. Somehow they're able to support Israel while also being antisemitic and islamaphobic. Real trick, that.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:54 pm MTG Dedicates a Whole Book Chapter to Clearing Up Her ‘Jewish Space Lasers’ Rant

https://www.thedailybeast.com/marjorie- ... asers-rant
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene has dedicated an entire chapter in her upcoming memoir, MTG, to hitting back at antisemitism allegations stemming from her notorious 2018 Facebook claim that “Jewish space lasers” had caused wildfires in California. According to an advance copy of the book obtained by The Forward, Greene dismissed it as a “sarcastic social media post” and said, “My Savior is a Jewish carpenter who died on the cross for my sins, and I have no antisemitic sentiments whatsoever.” She claimed she had even donated to a group named Machon HaMikdash, or the Temple Institute, that was helping fund the reconstruction of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem originally made 3,000 years ago. She also insisted she has a history of supporting Israel military aid, including the “Iron Beam,” a laser missile defense system. “So, it turns out I actually support Jewish space lasers,” she wrote. MTG is set to release on Tuesday.
What's that old adage? "If you're explaining, you're losing."
ImageImageImage x5
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Rolodex wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:13 pm Yes, she's part of the Christian right that supports Israel so the end of the world can come faster. Somehow they're able to support Israel while also being antisemitic and islamaphobic. Real trick, that.
:yeahthat:
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Rolodex wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:13 pm Yes, she's part of the Christian right that supports Israel so the end of the world can come faster. Somehow they're able to support Israel while also being antisemitic and islamaphobic. Real trick, that.
It also helps that Israel is a theologically dominated ethnostate where might makes right and wealth determines ethics, so even if they are the wrong ethnicity, they still embody what they consider the correct way to build a state.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Uh. Israel a "Theologically dominated Ethnostate?" That's a hell of a reach, even before you look at the Neighbors they have.
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
To be fair, israel does suffer from the outsized influence of it's own ultra-religious hard-right, especially recently under Bibi ... but no worse than, f'r'ex, some parts of the United States. As of four years ago, the Muslim & Christian Arabs who make up 20% or so of Israel's population make up about 16% of its voting base and make up either directly or through joint Arab-Jewish minor parties about 10% of the Knesset.

Try that math in the U.S. and see where you get.

I say this, yes, as a Jew, but also as a very anti-Netanyahu Jew, so to some, I'm both anti-Zionist and a self-hating anti-Semite. Go figure.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

In this episode, mtg lectures people on their inappropriate behavior.
Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸 @mtgreenee wrote: It’s sad that so many people commented here in such hateful uneducated way.

We live in terrible times that so many people have such petty and materialistic views that they think posting up pictures of an animal some one hunted has to be a giant game, decked out in name brand hunting clothes, with the most expensive name brand rifle with the sole purpose to impress people on social media.

I posted this joyfully and said I’m proud of my son for many reasons.

Number one, he did exactly what I asked him to do. I told him a few weeks ago that I wanted him to kill me a deer so we could have the meat for Thanksgiving week and to freeze the rest.

I’m proud of him because he did exactly what I asked of him when he came home from college this weekend before he went off and did anything else for himself.

That’s what good kids do. They respect their parents.

Not only that he sent our whole family a beautiful picture of the sunrise this morning because he loves and appreciates God’s creation and when you go hunting you truly get to enjoy it.

I’m also proud of him bc he cleaned the deer, cut up the meat, and cleaned up after himself.

That’s also what good kids do and that’s what responsible people do.

So I will say it again I’m so proud of my son Derek!!

I am blessed by him and the food he has provided for our family this week :)

A lot of these naive comments has also made me realize that so many people wouldn’t know how to survive if something really bad happened and they couldn’t go to the grocery store or order Uber Eats from their couch.

Hunting and Farming are literally basic national security for every country on Earth.

The skills and knowledge on how to hunt and farm should be taught to every generation just as they are taught how read.

We should not have a generation or two that don’t understand or appreciate basic life skills.

We must fix this because our future ability to survive may depend on it.
Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸 @mtgreenee wrote: I’m so proud of my son Derek!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

That’s a small deer. Also looks like it may have been blind in one eye; something off anyway.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I don't think she wrote that.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

You'll all be delighted to know that mtg's book is finally out, just in time for turkey day!
https://45books.com/products/mtg-the-st ... rica-first
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:sick: :sick: :sick:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Coming soon to a Dollar Tree near you.
ImageImageImage x5
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:25 pm Coming soon to a Dollar Tree near you.

Sure it isn't a $0.99 store?
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:56 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:25 pm Coming soon to a Dollar Tree near you.

It's the $1.25 Tree now. For real. I don't shop it but know others who do. It is all junkware.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

neonzx wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:01 pm

It's the $1.25 Tree now. For real. I don't shop it but know others who do. It is all junkware.
ah, the Perpetually Stale Book Sale™®© table.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Serve & Volley

Post by Serve & Volley »

Who is the shadow photo on the front cover ? That surely isn't MTG. Shoulders, waist, lower arms, and legs do not belong to her in real life.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Oh my, so far her book is all one star reviews, on both Amazon and Goodreads :biggrin:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I don't shop it but know others who do. It is all junkware.
Those of us who do shop there know that isn't true.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Nice looking book. I wonder who wrote it.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:58 pm
I don't shop it but know others who do. It is all junkware.
Those of us who do shop there know that isn't true.
:yeahthat:
I'm forever surprised at the amount of good stuff I can get for $20 at the dollar store.
raison de arizona

What a tool.
Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP wrote: Marjorie Taylor Greene says she was scared on Jan 6 because she believes it was Antifa, not Trump supporters, who were storming the Capitol:

“I was also scared because no one could tell me that those were Trump supporters. I fully believe that they were Antifa BLM rioters.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The poor, so skeered!

Publisher for her book is Winning Team Publishing. Do look them up, that's quite a rogues gallery on the home page 😄
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Actually our Dollar Tree carries lots of name brand products that we use everyday, and for just $1.25. Same size. Same bottle. Kind of amazing. When our food bank asks for toiletries and cleansers, I load them up with Dollar Tree stuff.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I don't buy household goods or food there, but it's a great place to pick up birthday, etc., cards. Also, some paper products, like binders, and gift bags. The selection is usually nice for those.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

John Oliver/Last Week Tonight just did a segment on the dollar stores. Link to video is in article.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... lar-stores

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”