pipistrelle

The Stupid Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

I wonder if drugs have been an issue.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

The Stupid Thread

Post by johnpcapitalist »

RVInit wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:22 pm Oh my. 5G sounds downright dangerous. Go buy some aloomium asap. :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
I'm off to the store for more aloomium to protect me from electronical devices because I always trust scientific advice from randos with bad dental work who broadcast their impeccably researched work via wandering Facebook videos taken in their car.
RVInit

The Stupid Thread

Post by RVInit »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:44 pm

I wonder if drugs have been an issue.
Mark Blei actually has a very good point. There is a difference between stupidity and ignorance and she probably does fall more into the ignorant category.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

I don't believe I watched that all the way through. :stars:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

RVInit wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:22 pm Oh my. 5G sounds downright dangerous. Go buy some aloomium asap. :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

https://twitter.com/EastEndJoe/status/1 ... 6790737309
:think: i wonder if she realizes that she just was using on of those dangerous smartphones herself. And even when she is not subscribed to 5G here 4G LTE connection may already be served from the same tower as 5G.
Suranis

The Stupid Thread

Post by Suranis »

When I was a kid I read that Aluminum can block Alpha and Beta Radiation. Does nothing against Gamma radiation, and Radio waves and so forth.
Hic sunt dracones
tek

The Stupid Thread

Post by tek »

Off Topic
Well, aluminum certainly can block radio waves, but only if it is an effectively continuous shield at the frequency of interest..
hastily-formed aluminum foil doesn't count.

Having been a computer designer for many years, the FCC forced me to become pretty fluent in "what is a shield"
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:35 pm

https://twitter.com/EastEndJoe/status/1 ... 6790737309
:think: i wonder if she realizes that she just was using on of those dangerous smartphones herself. And even when she is not subscribed to 5G here 4G LTE connection may already be served from the same tower as 5G.
Bingo! Each provider has limits on how far back they will support, but each subscriber negotiates the highest compatible link rate possible for its conditions in a mixed generation environment. IE: If 5G is available in your area, you are surrounded by 5G, 4G, 3G, and every other mode the provider supports.
RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Police chief faces probe after being pictured wearing Falklands medal despite being 15 during war

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/24195086/ ... war-medal/
bill_g

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

Woman returns from vacation to find Atlanta home demolished

AP News Updated 2:26 PM PDT, October 21, 2023

ATLANTA (AP) — A homeowner is mulling the next step after a company mistakenly demolished a home she owned in southwest Atlanta.

Susan Hodgson said in an interview Saturday with The Associated Press that she found a pile of rubble in place of what used to be her longtime family property when she returned from vacation last month.

When you read through the article you find out the home has been boarded up for fifteen years. The contractor admitted their mistake, but are not offering a settlement yet. And her lawyer is at some sort of impasse unable to get a resolution.

Sounds like there is stupid from multiple directions here.
noblepa

The Stupid Thread

Post by noblepa »

bill_g wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:29 pm Woman returns from vacation to find Atlanta home demolished

AP News Updated 2:26 PM PDT, October 21, 2023

ATLANTA (AP) — A homeowner is mulling the next step after a company mistakenly demolished a home she owned in southwest Atlanta.

Susan Hodgson said in an interview Saturday with The Associated Press that she found a pile of rubble in place of what used to be her longtime family property when she returned from vacation last month.

When you read through the article you find out the home has been boarded up for fifteen years. The contractor admitted their mistake, but are not offering a settlement yet. And her lawyer is at some sort of impasse unable to get a resolution.

Sounds like there is stupid from multiple directions here.
With no house on the property, it reverts to an unimproved lot. The property taxes are probably considerably lower. So, maybe the contractor did her a favor.
bill_g

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

noblepa wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:11 pm
With no house on the property, it reverts to an unimproved lot. The property taxes are probably considerably lower. So, maybe the contractor did her a favor.
I can't speak for GA law, but from my days on the planning commission, in Oregon she would be cited and fined for improper demolition of the home, the contractor would also be cited and fined, and then she might be required to rebuild. It varies city by city, county by county here.
RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

The Stupid Thread

Post by neonzx »

Just gonna throw this out there, but there may been drugs involved?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

The Stupid Thread

Post by northland10 »

neonzx wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:47 pm Just gonna throw this out there, but there may been drugs involved?
I sure hope so. If a sober person did that, she has some serious issues.

She like her drugs more than her passenger:
https://www.9news.com/article/news/loca ... 404ef5994d
Wittstruck said the passenger, who exited the vehicle to help the driver navigate, almost got hurt too.
:snippity:
Finally, after a few tries— and crashing the bumper off the other car— the driver is seen speeding away from the scene, despite its flat tires.

The driver also left the passenger behind.

"The sad thing is, is that despite these efforts from her friend, whoever the driver was just decided to completely take off and leave her," Wittstruck said.
Another article. This is where they refer to the driver as female.
https://denvergazette.com/news/16-stree ... f4ae8.html
101010 :towel:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

suozi9s9fi0c1.jpg
suozi9s9fi0c1.jpg (65.78 KiB) Viewed 21334 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Suranis

The Stupid Thread

Post by Suranis »

It's fake. You can see where the indited criminals face has been stuck on, around the top right corner of his mug shot.
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

Flat point, where is that from? I’d love to read the replies. :lol:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

The Stupid Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

:brickwallsmall:
No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen @NoLieWithBTC wrote: MAGA supporters are now pushing to bring back lead paint because they say removing it is part of a “deep state” conspiracy.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

The Stupid Thread

Post by johnpcapitalist »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:06 pm
No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen @NoLieWithBTC wrote: MAGA supporters are now pushing to bring back lead paint because they say removing it is part of a “deep state” conspiracy.
I'm in favor of heavily subsidizing lead paint for anyone who wants it, and making it in peppermint flavors so they will chew on it more often. American industry should do everything it can to accommodate its most "patriotic" customers.
much ado

The Stupid Thread

Post by much ado »

And they took the lead out of gasoline, too.
The anti-lead conspiracy runs deep!

And mercury! They've taken that, too!
No more mercury in mercurochrome or merthiolate!
A travesty!
John Thomas8

The Stupid Thread

Post by John Thomas8 »

Fentanyl test strips are illegal in Texas. This stupid is breath-taking in its depth and depravity.

https://www.governing.com/health/why-ar ... l-in-texas
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

The Stupid Thread

Post by keith »

I had this thought just the other day..

Is the explosion of stupid just the blossoming of the last lead paint eating generation?

Will the next generation fare any better as they age?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Sam the Centipede

The Stupid Thread

Post by Sam the Centipede »

s "we know lead blocks frequencies" per yer man there, surely it's time for a grift: Git yer ledd al over boddy paint to block out gubmint freak-wenzies!!

Hold on, hold on, hold on, perhaps it's already available in orange tints, and someone famous is also using it?!?!?

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”