Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "My Kevin" McCarthy "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, House Speaker /Clowns

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

The 118th Congress with "My Kevin" McCarthy then "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, Speaker of the House /Clowns

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Dr. Ken

The 118th Congress with "My Kevin" McCarthy then "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, Speaker of the House /Clowns

Post by Dr. Ken »

lol what in the flying fuck.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

CAT FIGHT!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Please be video, please be video, please... :pray: :pray: :pray:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:15 am Please be video, please be video, please... :pray: :pray: :pray:
I really hope there's video. GOP really has their caucus together.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP wrote: Rep. Tim Burchett on his dust up with Kevin McCarthy:

“I got elbowed in the back...He's a bully with $17 million and a security detail. He's the type of guy that, when you're a kid, would throw a rock over the fence and run home to hide behind his mama's skirt.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

sad-cafe wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:44 pm what does refer back to committee mean?

that is what they did to large marge impeachment whine against Sec of Homeland
NO FLOOR VOTE FOR YOU!

Greene probably gets more mileage out of talking about her resolution versus the House actually voting on it (and killing it).
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

ISO the actual complaint, haven't had a chance to look for it yet.
MeidasTouch @MeidasTouch wrote: NEW: An ethics complaint was just filed against GOP Speaker Mike Johnson over his shady financials. The complaint from End Citizens United notes that Speaker Johnson has committed multiple violations of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I haven't seen a link yet, but heard on CNN that Matt Gaetz has filed some kind of complaint against McCarthy over this latest kerfuffle.
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:18 pm I haven't seen a link yet, but heard on CNN that Matt Gaetz has filed some kind of complaint against McCarthy over this latest kerfuffle.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks rda. Such kray-kray :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 0db5b&ei=6
Two Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee have recommended the Justice Department look at pursuing charges against former Trump attorney Michael Cohen for contradictory testimony he gave last month in former President Trump’s fraud trial in New York.

The criminal referral letter — sent by House Intelligence Chair Mike Turner (R-Ohio) and committee member Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) — accuses Cohen of committing perjury and having “knowingly made false statements” before the congressional panel four years ago.

“That Mr. Cohen was willing to openly and brazenly state at trial that he lied to Congress on this specific issue is startling,” the referral letter reads. “His willingness to make such a statement alone should necessitate an investigation.”
While it urges prosecutors to take action, a criminal referral is largely symbolic and does not hold any legal weight. The Hill has reached out to Cohen’s lawyer for comment.

Amid cross-examination by Trump’s legal team late last month, Cohen testified that he lied under oath to the House Intelligence Committee in February 2019 when asked about the former president’s personal financial statements during a deposition.

In that 2019 testimony, the former president’s longtime lawyer and fixer said Trump did not ask him to inflate the numbers detailed in his statements of financial condition — documents that detail the value of the Trump Organization’s various assets.
raison de arizona

Uh-oh, trouble in paradise?
https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/statu ... 97730?s=20
Charlie Kirk @charliekirk11 wrote: Conservatives are perplexed why Speaker Mike Johnson is surrendering to Schumer and Jeffries.

This is unacceptable.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Kendra wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:18 pm I haven't seen a link yet, but heard on CNN that Matt Gaetz has filed some kind of complaint against McCarthy over this latest kerfuffle.
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4309 ... press.coop
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks V. What a klown show all around today, worse than *normal* for them.

?? Aren't there surveillance cameras everywhere? Lordy, I hope there are tapes. :biggrin:
raison de arizona

Looming government shutdown? Republicans are ON IT!

Or something.

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1724 ... 99916?s=20
Ted Lieu @tedlieu wrote: We have new House Republican leadership. So what are they having us vote on this afternoon?

—Reducing the funds provided to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration to $0.

#GOPClownShowContinues
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I'm monitoring c-span. Ten amendments, all being voted down, to defund woke stuff from Labor, HHS, and Education. Then we get to the CR. Jeffers says Dems are in. Needs 2/3rds majority,

Fun to watch MAGA calling out Johnson as a rino on SM.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

HEY ASSHOLES! The sky is falling and you’re throwing punches and paper at each other. WTAF?!?
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

Truth! A bunch of adults acting as Unhinged Adolescents!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Well that was quick.

Passed 336 to 95. 1 Dem vote against.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:40 pm HEY ASSHOLES! The sky is falling and you’re throwing punches and paper at each other. WTAF?!?
I say we drop in some tridents and gladiuses....

I'll see myself out.... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

How long before Mike Johnson is vacated from the Speakership?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
Charlie Kirk @charliekirk11 wrote: The plot thickens. Kevin McCarthy denies delivering a "clean shot to the kidneys" on Rep. Tim Burchett as alleged payback over Speakership ouster:

"I guess our shoulders hit. I did not run and hit the guy. I did not kidney punch him."
Kinzinger also has some accusations of McCarthy pushing/elbowing him, according to the video.

Return to “Current Politics”