That gets my :stamp: of agreement.
Hic sunt dracones
bob

A General thread for 2024 Presidential Elections

Post by bob »

Well, Uygur got his wish and can sue somebody. :roll:
Image ImageImage
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

and then, there's Flynn

https://crooksandliars.com/2023/10/mike ... e_vignette
"We've had enough, he declared. "We are running out of time."

He warned, "We have maybe one more year left before we have an election."

And here comes the projection: "Whether or not we have that election, this administration is going to play all kinds of games."

The only administration that played games was the Trump administration. Let's be real: The biggest concern with Mike Johnson as Speaker of the House is whether he will allow the 2024 election to be certified if Joe Biden wins it.
Video in post.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The author assumes that Mike Johnson survives a year in his new function. :violin:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I have a feeling this invisible man is going to get ripped apart in weeks. There's going to be 15 people shouting in his ear demanding to control him and all shouting contradictory orders.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Good. :oldman:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

https://news.gallup.com/poll/513305/dem ... roval.aspx

Democrats' Rating of Biden Slips; Overall Approval at 37%
October 26, 2023
By Megan Brenan

President Joe Biden’s job approval rating among Democrats has tumbled 11 percentage points in the past month to 75%, the worst reading of his presidency from his own party. This drop has pushed his overall approval rating down four points to 37%, matching his personal low.

At the same time, Biden’s approval among independents has declined four points, to 35%, while Republicans’ rating remains unchanged, at just 5%.
Biden’s immediate and decisive show of support for Israel following the Oct. 7 attacks by Hamas appears to have turned off some in his own party, resulting in Democrats’ worst assessment of the president since he took office. Biden’s overall approval rating likewise matches his personal low. The Israeli-Palestinian conflict comes at a time when Americans remain pessimistic about the economy, the Biden administration is struggling to deal with increasing numbers of migrants attempting to enter the country, and debate continues about how much aid to provide to Ukraine in its war with Russia.

As events in the Middle East continue to unfold and the humanitarian crisis in Gaza worsens, Biden’s guidance on Israel could affect not only the outcome of the war but also how he is viewed at home.
bob

Post by bob »

Why would Uygur be attending this dumb ole meeting? First item on the November 2nd agenda:
NHBLC wrote:Appeal from Cenk Uygur regarding the decision of the Secretary of State not to place his name on democratic ballot for President of the United States.
Where's Taitz when you need her?
Image ImageImage
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

It's a birther wet dream! A candidate denied access to the ballot, thus ensuring standing! He's not even Puerto Rican, so SCOTUS has no reason to dodge the issue!

:yankyank: "Clean up on Aisle 45"
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I used find Cenk somewhat intelligent. :shrug: :smoking:
bob

Post by bob »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:44 pm It's a birther wet dream! A candidate denied access to the ballot, thus ensuring standing! He's not even Puerto Rican, so SCOTUS has no reason to dodge the issue!
Laity, "DeMaio," etc. believe Haley and Ramaswamy aren't natural-born citizens, but no one has challenged their ballot placements. :confuzzled:

neonzx wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:00 pm I used find Cenk somewhat intelligent.
Intelligence and grifting aren't mutually exclusive.
Image ImageImage
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

busterbunker wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:34 pm
https://news.gallup.com/poll/513305/dem ... roval.aspx

Democrats' Rating of Biden Slips; Overall Approval at 37%
October 26, 2023
By Megan Brenan

President Joe Biden’s job approval rating among Democrats has tumbled 11 percentage points in the past month to 75%, the worst reading of his presidency from his own party. This drop has pushed his overall approval rating down four points to 37%, matching his personal low.

At the same time, Biden’s approval among independents has declined four points, to 35%, while Republicans’ rating remains unchanged, at just 5%.
Biden’s immediate and decisive show of support for Israel following the Oct. 7 attacks by Hamas appears to have turned off some in his own party, resulting in Democrats’ worst assessment of the president since he took office. Biden’s overall approval rating likewise matches his personal low. The Israeli-Palestinian conflict comes at a time when Americans remain pessimistic about the economy, the Biden administration is struggling to deal with increasing numbers of migrants attempting to enter the country, and debate continues about how much aid to provide to Ukraine in its war with Russia.

As events in the Middle East continue to unfold and the humanitarian crisis in Gaza worsens, Biden’s guidance on Israel could affect not only the outcome of the war but also how he is viewed at home.
Says Gallup, whose poll response rate is 0.4%.
bob

Post by bob »

NHBLC wrote:Appeal from Cenk Uygur regarding the decision of the Secretary of State not to place his name on democratic ballot for President of the United States.
Sit down: NHBLC denied Uygur's appeal.

The commission noted that Uygur tried to avoid a perjury trap by (essentially) deleting "natural-born" from his application. :fingerwag: Because Uygur didn't complete the form, he couldn't be a candidate.

It also noted that Uygur admitted to being an ineligible naturalized citizen, and briefly noted Hassan v. New Hampshire, which already rejected the argument that Uygur (and Ayyadurai) are recycling.
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

Per 538 ABC, the next Republican debate likely will be between Christie, DeSantis, Haley, Ramaswamy; Scott is close to qualifying.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP wrote: Asa Hutchinson on Donald Trump:

“We do not need to have a president that undermines our rule of law, that goes in the courtroom, as he did today in New York, and acts like a child, a petulant child.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

He ain't wrong. He may not have a snowball's chance in hell, but he ain't wrong.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
bob

Post by bob »

Sit down: NHBLC denied Uygur's appeal.
Even after NHBLC's decision, which explained all this, Uygur is still plugging the canard that the 14th Amendment somehow abrogated the natural-born-citizen clause:

It is as if Uygur isn't acting in good faith. :think:
Image ImageImage
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Foggy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:04 pm Those are the easy cases. Wait till we get the child of a US military family that was stationed in ... oh, say Cuba :mrgreen: and they had the child in hospital in Havana, not on a US military base.

'Course, birthers won't take a position without seeing the color of the child's skin. :blackeye:
I think was talked about. In this case, as long as one of the parents is a US Citizen, then it doesn't matter if they were born in Havana or Moscow. The birth does need to be registered with a consular report of a birth abroad (or something like that).

US Military bases are not considered US soil. They are leased from the host country. Now, a US Embassy (and I think Consulate) would be considered US soil, so to speak.

I think that was covered on a Wednesday in "Various Certificates of Birth 203" at the Fogbow University of Birthers and Other Stuff.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Foggy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:04 pm Those are the easy cases. Wait till we get the child of a US military family that was stationed in ... oh, say Cuba :mrgreen: and they had the child in hospital in Havana, not on a US military base.

'Course, birthers won't take a position without seeing the color of the child's skin. :blackeye:
That very thing happened to me in Japan. I woke up at 5 am and Brian was born at 5:30. They medevac’d us to the nearest military hospital but they couldn’t give us a birth certificate because he wasn’t born in the facility.

Talk about a pain in the ass! We had to go to the American Embassy and produce both our original birth certificates, which Stephan didn’t have, and a copy of his orders. The child was almost 7 months old before he finally got a birth certificate.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

They medevac’d us to the nearest military hospital but they couldn’t give us a birth certificate because he wasn’t born in the facility.
Umm ... so where was he born? In a helicopter? :confuzzled:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
MsDaisy 2
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Foggy wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:06 am
They medevac’d us to the nearest military hospital but they couldn’t give us a birth certificate because he wasn’t born in the facility.
Umm ... so where was he born? In a helicopter? :confuzzled:
On the Base they had a little clinic for mostly walk in stuff, but if you need a hospital they fly you by helicopter to the main military hospital in Yokota that wasn't really that far away, but trying to drive anywhere in Japan is a can be a long slow process. We did make it to the clinic at Zama and he was born there like 5 minutes after we got there, but they weren't classified as a hospital and couldn't issue the paperwork needed for a birth certificate. My first child took 11 hours to arrive, with this one I woke up with a big cramp at 5am and he was born at 5:30.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Was not John McCain born "off base"? I seem to recall that as an issue during the Obama nbc crisis.
MsDaisy 2
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

neonzx wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:03 am Was not John McCain born "off base"? I seem to recall that as an issue during the Obama nbc crisis.
Yep in Panama. We lived there too.
cjroberts
Verified:

Post by cjroberts »

MsDaisy 2 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:12 am
neonzx wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:03 am Was not John McCain born "off base"? I seem to recall that as an issue during the Obama nbc crisis.
Yep in Panama. We lived there too.
I think in a 4-0 decision in 1984 McCain was declared a model citizen.

The Honorable David Lee Roth Presiding
Go Land Crabs!
bob

Post by bob »

Yes, and there was an interesting law review article that argued McCain wasn't born a U.S. citizen because he was born in an unincorporated territory. The law that retroactively made him a U.S. citizen could not have (the article argued) made him a natural-born citizen.

The few court decisions about McCain's eligibility focused on his parents' U.S. citizenship.
Image ImageImage

Return to “US President”