State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Dave from down under

State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Post by Dave from down under »

And the case will be being tried during….

“ In 2023, Fraud Awareness week will be held from November 12-18.“
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Courtroom artist's rendering possibly the best of them all
F-RsBgGWUAAicrj.jpeg
F-RsBgGWUAAicrj.jpeg (43.31 KiB) Viewed 1335 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
June bug

Post by June bug »

Of course IANAL, but I'm afraid the defense tactic of pissing off the judge in the hope of intemperate behavior on his part may be working. What's the likelihood of their getting the mistrial they're looking for?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

June bug wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:07 pm Of course IANAL, but I'm afraid the defense tactic of pissing off the judge in the hope of intemperate behavior on his part may be working. What's the likelihood of their getting the mistrial they're looking for?
Zero. The person to decide is Engoron, and it’s his communications with his clerk that is at issue. Unless the issue is prosecutorial or juror misconduct, you only ever win a mistrial motion on appeal.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

"I'm too much of an asshole to get a fair trial!" -tfg
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/NewYorkStateAG/stat ... 59377?s=20
NY AG James @NewYorkStateAG wrote: Don’t tell, I can see it from my office window. 🤫
Hugo Lowell @hugolowell wrote: Trump snipes at NYAG James: “She doesn’t know what a 40 Wall Street is”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Flatpoint High wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:01 pm Courtroom artist's rendering possibly the best of them all
F-RsBgGWUAAicrj.jpeg
Not a sketch from today. He tried the blue tie thing again vs the normal red... poor little me. But same batshit crazy. :violin:
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/sta ... 38516?s=20
Joyce Alene @JoyceWhiteVance wrote: Not only is this an astonishing admission, it will damage efforts to argue on appeal that the judge was wrong to grant judgement ahead of trial on the fraud claims. That is pretty much Trump's last gasp at saving his NY business.
Andrew Weissmann (weissmann11 on Threads)🌻 @AWeissmann_ wrote: BREAKING: AG GETS TRUMP TO AGREE THAT THE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND TRUMP'S PERSONAL GUARANTY WERE TO INDUCE BANKS TO LEND MONEY. KEY FACT FOR THIS FRAUD CASE.
raison de arizona

The Recount @therecount wrote: “[NY AG Letitia James] said this morning that the numbers don’t lie and they won’t lie in this case. Well, Ms. James, I have a message for you: The numbers didn’t lie when you ran for governor, and that's why you dropped out.”

— Donald Trump’s lawyer Alina Habba
Moar Habba:
► Show Spoiler
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Whiney Habbit wrote:I was told to sit down today. I was yelled at. And I’ve had a judge who was unhinged slamming a table. Let me be very clear, I don’t tolerate that in my life. I’m not going to tolerate it here. And you know what? You shouldn’t either.
Oh shut up.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hmmm. Back when I practiced trial law, you didn’t hold news conferences when a judge raised his/her voice. If the judge violated a Code of Judicial Conduct you filed a complaint.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
much ado

Post by much ado »

The NYT summary.

Gift link: Trump Assails Judge and Concedes a Role in Valuing His Empire’s Property
He was belligerent and brash, unrepentant and verbose — regardless of the courtroom setting, he was the quintessential Donald J. Trump.

Within minutes of Mr. Trump’s taking the witness stand on Monday, his civil fraud trial in Manhattan devolved into a chaotic spectacle before a packed house. The former president lashed out at his accusers and denied their claims, even while conceding involvement in some of the conduct at the case’s heart.

Ranting and rambling as the courtroom pulsed with tension, Mr. Trump attacked New York’s attorney general, Letitia James, as a “political hack.” He derided the proceeding as “a very unfair trial.” And he scolded the judge overseeing the case, Arthur F. Engoron, for having decided before the trial that he had committed fraud.

“He called me a fraud, and he doesn’t know anything about me!” Mr. Trump exclaimed from the stand, pointing at the judge, who flashed a grin.

[There's much more.]
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:45 pm https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1 ... 68359?s=20
The Recount @therecount wrote: “[NY AG Letitia James] said this morning that the numbers don’t lie and they won’t lie in this case. Well, Ms. James, I have a message for you: The numbers didn’t lie when you ran for governor, and that's why you dropped out.”

:snippity:
Hmmm :think: How near is this to a violation of the gag order of not attacking members of the opposite party ?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:24 pm Hmmm. Back when I practiced trial law, you didn’t hold news conferences when a judge raised his/her voice. If the judge violated a Code of Judicial Conduct you filed a complaint.
But you practiced law on Earth 1, while Zee Orange Furher's lawyers practice law on Earth 2 [along with Anthony Williams]...

And I'd bet my bottom dollar that watching you at trial must have been a show :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:43 pm https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/sta ... 38516?s=20
Joyce Alene @JoyceWhiteVance wrote: Not only is this an astonishing admission, it will damage efforts to argue on appeal that the judge was wrong to grant judgement ahead of trial on the fraud claims. That is pretty much Trump's last gasp at saving his NY business.
Andrew Weissmann (weissmann11 on Threads)🌻 @AWeissmann_ wrote: BREAKING: AG GETS TRUMP TO AGREE THAT THE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND TRUMP'S PERSONAL GUARANTY WERE TO INDUCE BANKS TO LEND MONEY. KEY FACT FOR THIS FRAUD CASE.
I wonder if candidate T will have real reason to claim he cannot show his tax returns :think:

Cause the IRS will be auditing him on the basis of these tampered numbers?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

neonzx wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:39 pm
Flatpoint High wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:01 pm Courtroom artist's rendering possibly the best of them all
F-RsBgGWUAAicrj.jpeg
Not a sketch from today. He tried the blue tie thing again vs the normal red... poor little me. But same batshit crazy. :violin:
It looks more like it's portraying him on a witness stand than at a table or something, so I'd say it probably IS representing today, but the artist fudged the tie color because he's so heavily associated with red ties. He obviously took some liberties with the portrayal as that's not how trump has literally looked at any point in the trial.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:45 pm

She's such a professional.

Professional what, I'm not sure, but...
raison de arizona

You ran for governor and didn’t win! Nanny nanny boo boo!
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Alina is auditioning for Mean Girls 2
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm Alina is auditioning for Mean Girls 2
Worse yet, Attorney General for the United States...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

WTH does that have to do with anything? what are they going to do next, draw mustaches on her photographs with a sharpie?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:08 pm WTH does that have to do with anything? what are they going to do next, draw mustaches on her photographs with a sharpie?
To the dumbass supporters of their kind that's a cardinal offence....

Trent Reznor
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Alina is aware that the only reason she is Trumps lawyer is because she is a gropeable substitute for Ivanka...?

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm Alina is auditioning for Mean Girls 2
On Wednesdays we wear prison stripes.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Was he really that animated on the stand?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”