Traitor Tommy Tuberville (R-AL), white nationalist asshat

These people suck. They are bad people.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I'm sorry, but "He's stupid" is not much better than "He's a bigot to the bone," which is what I think is going on.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

He is both - stupid cuz he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar Foundation scheme and a racist. I will bet a whole $1 that he is also a malignant narcissist.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Also super untrustworthy to add to his other attributes. Years ago he was head coach at Ole Miss. There had been rumors of him leaving, but he firmly said, "They're gonna have to carry me out in a pine box." And then a few weeks later left for another coaching job. During the election, he was called "Pine box Tommy" a lot. I think those football fans wrote in Saban that election (anything other than voting for a D, which would cause widespread devil worship, fires, tornadoes, hurricanes and baby killers making everyone turn gay).

Not to mention his worming out of a fraud conviction in an investment scheme. His partner was convicted. He's a truly awful "human" being.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Welcome, Rolodex. Nice to meet you. I appreciate your personal recollections of this idiot.

His adamant anti-abortion stance makes me wonder how many girls he’s privately sent to Jacksonville, which as I understand it is where all Republican hypocrites send their side ladies.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:21 pm Welcome, Rolodex. Nice to meet you. I appreciate your personal recollections of this idiot.

His adamant anti-abortion stance makes me wonder how many girls he’s privately sent to Jacksonville, which as I understand it is where all Republican hypocrites send their side ladies.
He's been a coach in a lot of places (I don't follow college football so I'd have to look it up). I just know the Ole Miss story from the election, and that he was at Auburn once. As a football coach you know he had to have a lot of knowledge about the side pieces (Auburn is close to Panama City, FL, so I'm sure they're there, too) and how to handle abortions (which were available with lots of hoops till Roe was overturne'td).

I don't think my R friends here think he's particularly smart or well-suited, but there's a weird social stigma about voting for Democrats (if we ever even have any on the ballot), so they can't bring themselves to vote for any D. I don't get it. I think they think it's all about taxes (and it used to be abortion) so they'll take all the idiocy to get that. We're all privileged in our group so nothing that happens in DC really is going to affect their lives. They are kind people, one on one, but they're convinced that all the Ds want is to give free stuff to lazy people.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

No tax payer help for the lazy..
Unless the are rich lazy people..
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Dave from down under wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:50 pm No tax payer help for the lazy..
And there's no question unacknowledged racism is at work, too.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Rolodex wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:42 pm
Dave from down under wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:50 pm No tax payer help for the lazy..
And there's no question unacknowledged racism is at work, too.
A southern tradition unfortunately...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

It must be a day that ends in Y. Happy Veteran's Day to those that served! Not like that asshat Tubervile.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Tuberville is blocking military promotions again
Fetterman's turn:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Can't have those promotions going through... The dude is just evil. And a traitor.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Tuberville: Schumer is sending over a resolution to bypass what I'm doing.. I'm hearing that we've got some Republicans that might vote for it and it would pass and these promotions would would go through. Hopefully that doesn't happen.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

All they need to do is peel off some Rs that love their country and respect the military, and we can get this logjam cleared. For the moment.
Izzy Ⓜ️Ⓜ️ @1zzyzyx1 wrote: It is time to change the rule and bypass Tuberville, @SenSchumer is ready to bring to the floor a vote to allow the promotions with the 60 vote threshold.
Let’s put Senators on the record for all to see .
#Fresh #DemVoice1 #LiveBlue
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I was reading an Alabama-based article the other day talking about how military/vets groups - even in AL - are giving up on going after him. They've started writing and calling his big donors and others in his sphere. They're calling him a lost cause and going after others. This seems like a wise tactic.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Something about wrestling with pigs?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:33 pm Something about wrestling with pigs?
His lustre may be dulling in unexpected places. A friend recently - someone I'm sure votes R consistently (and is probably a Fox watcher) said to me that Tubs is wrong about everything. We were talking about the weather and the time change and that came totally out of the blue! I said I had an unpopular opinion about DST (prefer reg time) and he says something like well whatever tuberville says it'll be wrong because can't get anything right. I was stunned.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Cool! (And I agree with you about preferring standard time. Seeing those grade school kids standing at the bus stop in total darkness at 7:00 a.m. scares the crap out of me.)

ImageImageImage x4
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:09 pm Cool! (And I agree with you about preferring standard time. Seeing those grade school kids standing at the bus stop in total darkness at 7:00 a.m. scares the crap out of me.)

We start school at 6:50-Breakfast at 6:40

My kids are on the bus sometimes by 6 am
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Senate Rules panel votes along party lines to break Tuberville’s military holds

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/430 ... press.coop
The Senate Rules Committee voted along party lines Tuesday to advance a resolution that would allow Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) to confirm more than 350 military promotions being held up by Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) in a single package.

The resolution, however, would not apply to nominees to the Joint Chiefs of Staff or commanders nominated to lead combatant commands.

The Rules panel’s 9-7 vote means Schumer can bring the resolution to the Senate floor, but it needs 60 votes to pass.

“One member of the Senate, the senior senator from Alabama, has defied long-standing Senate custom and prevented the swift bipartisan confirmation of hundreds of generals and flag officers,” Schumer, a member of the Rules Committee, said before the vote. “What Sen. Tuberville [is doing] is truly an anomaly that does much harm and requires a response.”

Schumer added, “If my Republican colleagues can’t convince Sen. Tuberville to relent, I will bring it to the floor shortly for a vote.”

“We need to get these military nominees confirmed ASAP for the sake of our national security,” he said.

Even though Republican senators are growing exasperated over Tuberville’s nine-month hold on hundreds of military nominees to protest the Pentagon’s abortion policy, they’re not ready to vote for a resolution to change Senate procedure for the rest of the 118th Congress.

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.), who also sits on the Rules Committee, said he opposes the Pentagon’s policy of paying the travel expenses of service members who cross state lines to obtain abortions but reiterated that he does not support Tuberville’s holds.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sooooo, he's saying he'll vote for it?

Yeah, right.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Expel Tubervile.
Senate Democrats @SenateDems wrote: NEWS: The Rules Committee just advanced a resolution to allow the Senate to confirm military nominations and promotions being held up by Sen. Tuberville

@SenAmyKlobuchar: “We need to stand up for our military and our national security and allow these promotions to move forward.”
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Tommy needs to think he's got the most authority in the room.

I suggest that UCLA is studying its option for a new coach for next year.

Maybe his people should talk to their prople?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:nooo:
Don’t send him out here!!!
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

keith wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:44 pm Tommy needs to think he's got the most authority in the room.

Texas A&M has an opening.
101010 :towel:
keith

Post by keith »

northland10 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:01 pm
keith wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:44 pm Tommy needs to think he's got the most authority in the room.

Texas A&M has an opening.
Maybe Michigan too :whistle:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

The Michigsn coach was av shoe in for the Chicago Bears job a few weeks ago.
keith

Post by keith »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:18 pm :nooo:
Don’t send him out here!!!
Commenter #1 on an Arizona board:
Tubberville in Westwood would be hilarious. He’d last 6 minutes into his first press conference.

Commenter #2:
Only if they started 4 minutes late.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”