INDICTED (INDICATED) #3 USA v Donald Trump - Judge Tanya Chutkan - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
p0rtia

INDICTED (INDICATED) #3 USA v Donald Trump - Judge Tanya Chutkan - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Post by p0rtia »

Annnnd... scene!
Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 1.14.28 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 1.14.28 PM.png (77.81 KiB) Viewed 3001 times
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

somerset wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:38 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:12 pm
Rolodex wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:58 pm In our house we call that being a "greasy bean." You grease up a bean and when you try to hold it on one place, it'll squirt right out from under your finger. Impossible to hold to one place.
:confuzzled: I guess I should respect other people's cultures … or is that a religious exercise? :biggrin:
Is a metaphorical term imprecise, or ambiguous?

;)
Maybe? :(
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:55 pm In order to create a defense called "reliance upon legal advice," Prisoner #P01135809 will be required to take the witness stand, take the oath, and testify that his lawyers said it was OK to overturn the outcome of the 2020 election.

He can't make that defense work without convincing a jury (or judge) that he relied upon the lawyers' advice, and to do that he MUST testify.

Oh, wait. He testified yesterday, and did such a shitty job the judge fined him $10 large for being a lying asshole.

This is really getting fun! :boxing:

It also involves admitting the crime, just disputing why you did it.
When one table full of lawyers has already said "we tried to tell him but he didn't want to hear it: and the other lawyers who he found who would tell him what he wanted to hear gave all pleaded guilty, well....

That's a risky strategy, Cotton, let's see how it works out for him...
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

LOL not cultural (unless dried beans in the deep south is a culture). Just a description of something slippery and impossible to pin down.

We also say someone has "crawdaded" when they back out of something (usually at the last minute). We used to catch crawdads in the ditch or gutter when I was a kid. They were weird and fun to watch walking backward.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

-
Kyle Cheney
@kyledcheney

BREAKING: Judge Chutkan has denied Donald Trump’s motion to stay her gag order and lifted the temporary hold she placed on it. Details TK.
Sam the Centipede

:clap: Trump has forced "you have the right to remain silent" towards "we have a right for you to remain silent"
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Yes. Yes. Very nice.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Whoo hoo! How long will he last?
In this case, he's been attacking the court (as usual)...and some of the witnesses? I've forgotten which gag order applies to which parties in which case. Maybe he just needs to STFU altogether. He already called Sioux City "Sioux Falls," and said Hungary has a border with Russia.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Federal judge reimposes limited gag order in Donald Trump’s 2020 election interference case

https://apnews.com/article/trump-capito ... b424875a4f
The federal judge overseeing Donald Trump’s 2020 election interference case in Washington on Sunday reimposed a narrow gag order barring him from making public comments targeting prosecutors, court staff and potential witnesses.

The reinstatement of the gag order was revealed in a brief notation on the online case docket Sunday night, but the order itself was not immediately available, making it impossible to see the judge’s rationale or the precise contours of the restrictions.

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan, who is presiding over the federal case charging Trump with plotting to overturn the results of the 2020 election, had temporarily lifted the gag order as she considered the former president’s request to keep it on hold while he challenges the restrictions on his speech in higher courts.

But Chutkan agreed to reinstate the order after prosecutors cited Trump’s recent social media comments about his former chief of staff they said represented an attempt to influence and intimidate a likely witness in the case.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

Pence is no longer a candidate; he is still a witness, however. This will make it much harder for trump to bad mouth Pence for his refusal to stop the electoral college vote on Jan. 6, or indeed anything else negative about Pence. :biggrin:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Rolodex wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:09 pm LOL not cultural (unless dried beans in the deep south is a culture). Just a description of something slippery and impossible to pin down.

We also say someone has "crawdaded" when they back out of something (usually at the last minute). We used to catch crawdads in the ditch or gutter when I was a kid. They were weird and fun to watch walking backward.
► Show Spoiler

chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

The decision and order denying Trump’s motion for a stay of the gag order pending appeal: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .124.0.pdf

Trump will now make a motion for the same relief to the D.C. Circuit.
Sam the Centipede

Judge Chutkan's evisceration of the Trumpists' motion amuses me but it does feel like a waste of the judge's – or probably? the judge's clerk's – time.

These submissions should be treated more like a school assignment: a big DENIED stamp at the top, a mark out of 10 (perhaps 3/10 for this one, or is that too generous?), and pithy interlineal corrections and marginal commentary.

At the end the final damning verdict in the submitted work: "You knew this poor effort could not succeed, why did you waste the court's time with it?"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Rolodex wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:46 pm Whoo hoo! How long will he last?
In this case, he's been attacking the court (as usual)...and some of the witnesses? I've forgotten which gag order applies to which parties in which case. Maybe he just needs to STFU altogether. He already called Sioux City "Sioux Falls," and said Hungary has a border with Russia.

75 Minutes :lol:
Trump appeared to potentially to violate Chutkan’s order 75 minutes after she gave notice that it was reinstated, attacking his former attorney general and potential witness, William P. Barr.

“I called Bill Barr Dumb, Weak, Slow Moving, Lethargic, Gutless, and Lazy, a RINO WHO COULDN’T DO THE JOB,” Trump said in part of an 88-word post on his social media platform that both belittled the man he chose to serve as the nation’s top law-enforcement officer and exaggerated his crowd sizes. “So now this Moron says about me, to get even, ‘his verbal skills are limited.’ Well, that’s one I haven’t heard before. Tell that to the biggest political crowds in the history of politics, by far. Bill Barr is a LOSER!”

About 19 minutes after his post about Barr, Trump complained on social media: “The Corrupt Biden administration just took away my First Amendment Right To Free Speech.”
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

court wrote:“a word is known by the company it keeps.”
I love that quote in the order.

On a side note, the signature is also just a signature style font like that Florida group used.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:30 am Judge Chutkan's evisceration of the Trumpists' motion amuses me but it does feel like a waste of the judge's – or probably? the judge's clerk's – time.

These submissions should be treated more like a school assignment: a big DENIED stamp at the top, a mark out of 10 (perhaps 3/10 for this one, or is that too generous?), and pithy interlineal corrections and marginal commentary.

At the end the final damning verdict in the submitted work: "You knew this poor effort could not succeed, why did you waste the court's time with it?"
Because the client who is likely going to get me disbarred, half likely to get me a felony indictment and sure as hell isn't going to pay me demanded it.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

northland10 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:47 am
court wrote:“a word is known by the company it keeps.”
I love that quote in the order.

:snippity:
Me too! I loved the taked-down of Lauro's attempt to pretend that "interested," as in, "interested parties" must depend on the dictionary definition of "interested," followed by the attempt to pretend that "targeted" was too vague.

One theme of the various defense filings in these cases is the high level of misinterpretations of words and (as the lawyers tell me) of case law. They seem--perhaps because they have no where else to go--to write as if they think no one will check. Y'know; like the court is as stupid as the MAGA idiots.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Me too! I loved the taked-down of Lauro's attempt to pretend that "interested," as in, "interested parties" must depend on the dictionary definition of "interested," followed by the attempt to pretend that "targeted" was too vague.

One theme of the various defense filings in these cases is the high level of misinterpretations of words and (as the lawyers tell me) of case law. They seem--perhaps because they have no where else to go--to write as if they think no one will check. Y'know; like the court is as stupid as the MAGA idiots.
Who knew there were so many lawyers willing to embarrass themselves.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Bradley P. Moss
@BradMossEsq

Judge Chutkan has denied Trump’s request for access to the government’s classified CIPA filing and granted Smith’s motion to provide Trump with unclassified substitutions in place of certain classified discovery.
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 26.0_8.pdf
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Bradley P. Moss
@BradMossEsq

No surprise, Trump wants to put the DC case on hold until the immunity fight is resolved.
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 28.0_1.pdf
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kyle Cheney @kyledcheney wrote: IT'S GETTING REAL: Judge Chutkan has just endorsed a set of jury procedures that includes beginning the selection process with a questionnaire on *Feb. 9* -- just three months from now.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

D.C. Cir. (unsurprisingly) grants a stay of the gag order, and schedules argument for November 20.

"For completeness," the judges on the panel issuing the order were nominated by Obama (two judges) and Biden.
Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Lots of complaints about how dangerous this is, but also some about more rope to get into trouble with.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

bob wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:32 pm
"For completeness," the judges on the panel issuing the order were nominated by Obama (two judges) and Biden.
Is that just a motion panel, or is it the merits panel as well?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”