trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

trump (the former guy, defamer, and rapist)

Post by bill_g »

Sounds about par for the course - Qanon pedos adoring their fake Messiah. Talk about Golden Calves.
cjroberts
Verified:

Post by cjroberts »

The Jesus drawing is fake news as it depicts Jesus as more bigly yuge that the Donald.
Go Land Crabs!
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

cjroberts wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:34 am The Jesus drawing is fake news as it depicts Jesus as more bigly yuge that the Donald.
And with more luxuriant hair, apparently without five gallons of high tensile lacquer.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:51 am
cjroberts wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:34 am The Jesus drawing is fake news as it depicts Jesus as more bigly yuge that the Donald.
And with more luxuriant hair, apparently without five gallons of high tensile lacquer.
You know, it's quite possible that tfg is, in fact, sheltered and guided by a divine spirit. How else to explain his ability to stay alive through events that should have killed most men?

Of course, no one ever said it had to be the "good" divine spirit :twisted:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I've been wondering that same thing. Do you think he had a crossroads moment?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Consider this: the living Trump has many more disciples and followers than ever the living Jesus did.

More enemies too. And lawyers.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Assuming one believes in Satan, wouldn't tfg be the perfect vehicle to deceive the Christian faithful?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

It's almost enough to make the atheist in me start believing.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:56 pm It's almost enough to make the atheist in me start believing.
I would need proof that the former guy was able to perform the Art Of The Deal on the devil, and how his lawyers were able to defraud the devil. :twisted:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Sort of on topic (?). I was in Barnes and Noble today, and they had a display of the sixteen most popular magazines at B&N. Five of them were about witchcraft and the occult. :think:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1 wrote: Breaking ABC: Months after leaving office, Trump allegedly discussed potentially sensitive information about U.S. nuclear submarines with a member of Mar-a-Lago — an Australian billionaire who then allegedly shared the information with scores of others.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

"scores of others"
Score, in this case, still means 20, amirite? Four score and seven years ago, score?

Several twenties worth of blabbermouth billionaire from Oz, am I following along? :think:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:06 pm
"scores of others"
Score, in this case, still means 20, amirite? Four score and seven years ago, score?

Several twenties worth of blabbermouth billionaire from Oz, am I following along? :think:
Literally, scores means at least 40. But I think colloquially some folks use in place of something like “untold numbers.”
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona

Scores.
In emails and conversations after meeting with Trump, Pratt described Trump's remarks to at least 45 others, including six journalists, 11 of his company's employees, 10 Australian officials, and three former Australian prime ministers, the sources told ABC News.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/after-white-h ... =103760456
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
much ado

Post by much ado »

All we need now is evidence that Trump was paid by foreign nationals for government secrets.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:05 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:56 pm It's almost enough to make the atheist in me start believing.
I would need proof the the former guy was able to perform the Art Of The Deal on the devil, and how his lawyers were able to defraud the devil. :twisted:
From what I've seen of them, his lawyers could be outflanked by The Little Rascals.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

tfg has been fixated on the fraud trial, but he has no original thoughts and just repeats himself. Anyway, Jim Jordan endorsement:
► Show Spoiler
He also promises to triple domestic auto production. Triple!
► Show Spoiler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:10 pm Sort of on topic (?). I was in Barnes and Noble today, and they had a display of the sixteen most popular magazines at B&N. Five of them were about witchcraft and the occult. :think:
Weird! I didn't think there'd be that many that anyone would have heard of. Of course, I'd have to know which ones they were to konw if this is a good thing or not. I have a bad feeling that some of the most popular ones might be based more on new-agey "fluffy bunny" crap than anything genuine.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:00 am :snippity:
► Show Spoiler
Where will he find the ununionized workers to produce his Model T :?:
much ado

Post by much ado »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:29 am
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:00 am :snippity:
► Show Spoiler
Where will he find the ununionized workers to produce his Model T :?:
Where will he find the customers to buy them?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:48 am
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:10 pm Sort of on topic (?). I was in Barnes and Noble today, and they had a display of the sixteen most popular magazines at B&N. Five of them were about witchcraft and the occult. :think:
Weird! I didn't think there'd be that many that anyone would have heard of. Of course, I'd have to know which ones they were to konw if this is a good thing or not. I have a bad feeling that some of the most popular ones might be based more on new-agey "fluffy bunny" crap than anything genuine.
Off Topic
I can remember three names. Witchcraft, Spells, and The Occult. If they were by popularity, they were all in the bottom two rows.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:29 pm
Dave from down under wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:56 pm Is it time to update the thread title to include:

Fraudster
C'mon mate, if all Trump's misdeeds were listed in the title there'd be no space left on the page for posts.

Oh, ok, let's add fraudster, please!
We're gonna need a bigger internet
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:11 pm Consider this: the living Trump has many more disciples and followers than ever the living Jesus did.

More enemies too. And lawyers.
But he has always known not to piss off the Romans Italians.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

much ado wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:34 am Where will he find the customers to buy them?
Total sales are somewhere near the top of the historical range of the last 30 years (pulled from the St. Louis Federal Reserve site):
US Vehicle Sales by Month.png
US Vehicle Sales by Month.png (137.46 KiB) Viewed 3183 times
Unfortunately, US share of the market appears to be declining, because here's the domestic production graph over the same period:
US Auto Production.png
US Auto Production.png (124.45 KiB) Viewed 3183 times
I should note that the production graph only shows autos with a US final assembly location. All the major automakers have extensive operations in both the US and Mexico and the value of imports from those two countries is larger than the value of imports from all other countries including Japan, Germany and the UK. So the graph above doesn't show the actual share of cars made by US-headquartered manufacturers versus non-US-headquartered auto makers. In other words, the downward trend in production isn't because the Japanese, Germans or Koreans are kicking our butts. But I digress...

If Trump magically triples production, he'd be bringing approximately two million new units per year into the market, where buyers are currently demanding about 16 million units per year. One possible effect of that much extra supply would be to cause massive discounting to absorb those units, wiping out the industry's profits.

I suspect that the number of incremental buyers who would come into the market, attracted by potentially lower prices, is going to be fairly low because interest rates are higher at the moment than they have been in many years, so that's a hurdle that keeps marginal buyers from being able to afford a new car. The only possibility to bring new buyers into the market would be if they bought cheaper cars with subsidized interest. In other words, the automakers would have to bankrupt themselves.

If someone were to press TFG about how to triple auto production in the US, he might be dimly thinking that he could start another trade war. The last one with China worked out so well... But this would be either embargos or tariffs on some of the US's best allies. You don't have to know much about diplomacy to guess this might be a bad idea.

Of course, we all know what's really happening: Trump is vomiting out a soundbite that he not only won't act on (like "Infrastructure Week") but he won't even remember by next Tuesday. But it's one that the dimwits in his fan base will eat up. I know we know this, but I thought it might be fun to hang some actual data behind the discussion.
raison de arizona

johnpcapitalist wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:42 am Of course, we all know what's really happening: Trump is vomiting out a soundbite that he not only won't act on (like "Infrastructure Week") but he won't even remember by next Tuesday. But it's one that the dimwits in his fan base will eat up. I know we know this, but I thought it might be fun to hang some actual data behind the discussion.
Definitely fun, thanks for the numbers jpc! :thumbsup:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”