State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Post by neonzx »

Gregg wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:33 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:36 pm Anyone think he's aware enough to realize the dumbest thing he ever did was come down that escalator?
That is actually a monitor there is no keyboard, so all he has is pictures.

FTW my dude.... :thumbsup:
Yeah, I think that monitor is mirroring his girlfriend's laptop screen.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

NewMexGirl wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:28 am The quality of Trump’s legal representation just keeps going down. Kise and Habba are primarily media figures and have been, at least in Kise’s case, for a long time. Unfortunately for tfg, courts don’t seem to give a rat’s ass if your attorney is extremely good looking (Habba) or a well-known political figure who even ran for the Senate in the late nineties (Kise).
For the last week at least, Kise has spent half his night sitting in the bathroom with a .45 in his mouth.

Nobody ever earned $3 million to hard way as hard as him.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:14 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:13 pm :biggrin:

I finally saw the clip from today when tfg said he'd definitely testify. Lawyer Kise (sp?) was right behind him. Watch closely, but he looked awfully pained.
He bought his tickets, he knew what he was getting into....

I say...let his career crash.... :biggrin:
That .45 is one of those nickel plated ones the Marines issue to Honor Guards, it's just a regular militry .45 but it is impressive looking, you gotta give him that.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Fiascoist wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:49 pm My new theory, as of this afternoon, is that TFG is hoping to piss the judge off enough to warrant a mistrial. TFG doesn't care how he gets it. And if not a mistrial, then something for the appellate courts to reverse it. He just needs to have the judge blow up, just keep poking the judge with a stick until... (If mistrial, then the next trial date would be in late 2024 would be my guess). And new judge, etc.
Just my thought process and if I am right, this latest threat of sanctions by the judge simply will spur TFG onto bigger and better threats until the reaction he wants occurs.
Not your 'new theory'.

Its been MY 'new theory' for at least two years already.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
bob

Post by bob »

This is admittedly unusual, but yet another reason not to mess with the shipping clerk.
Image ImageImage
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

chancery wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:25 pm Shipping clerks handle bills of lading, general average, demurrage, flotsam, jetsam and all other admiralty requirements. I hope that helps. :roll:
I understand they get some very nice fringe benefits.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:20 pm
chancery wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:25 pm Shipping clerks handle bills of lading, general average, demurrage, flotsam, jetsam and all other admiralty requirements. I hope that helps. :roll:
I understand they get some very nice fringe benefits.
Is this a reference to the flags?

Yeah, yeah, I know the way out.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

The judge sez he will impose “serious sanctions.” What does the phrase “serious sanctions” mean :?: Just big fines :?: In the context of this particular case, what other sanctions are available to Judge Engoron to impose :?:

Thanks to any IAALs who can answer my question. :bighug:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:35 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:13 pm :biggrin:

I finally saw the clip from today when tfg said he'd definitely testify. Lawyer Kise (sp?) was right behind him. Watch closely, but he looked awfully pained.

Airplane! references are never inappropriate.
:yeahthat:
101010 :towel:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

northland10 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:03 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:35 pm

Airplane! references are never inappropriate.
I saw an episode of Airplane Disasters the other day where a plane was intermittently losing control and they were having a devil of a time trying to solve the problem and get the plane landed safely. The pilots succeeded in getting the plane landed and all of the passangers survived. At one point, when things were (relatively) calm for a few minutes, the Captain said to his co-pilots "I sure pick the wrong day to quit sniffing glue."

That cracked me up.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

NewMexGirl wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:01 pm The judge sez he will impose “serious sanctions.” What does the phrase “serious sanctions” mean :?: Just big fines :?: In the context of this particular case, what other sanctions are available to Judge Engoron to impose :?:

Thanks to any IAALs who can answer my question. :bighug:
Maybe a bit in Riker's Island where his former accountant Allen Weisellberg did a hitch.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

I'm hoping for the Stephen Jay Lawrence outcome I am......

Held in contempt of court for 6 years.... or Beatty Chadwick ..... 14 years.....

A chap has to dream..... :daydreaming:

Judge: Mr Trump you will be held in contempt until you apologise to this court fir your egregious failure to adhere to my order.

Trump: You're not the judge of me....nevah.....so what you gonna do?

Judge: Baliff, take him down......Taser non optional......
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:50 pm https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html
Judge Arthur Engoron rebuked Donald Trump after the former president attacked his clerk in a social media post on Tuesday and forbade the parties from making any future comments about his staff.

"This morning one of the defendants posted on social media account a disparaging untrue and personally identifying post about a member of my staff. Although I have since ordered the post deleted and apparently it was, it was also emailed out to millions of other recipients," the judge said in court.
"Personal attacks of any member of my court staff are unacceptable, inappropriate and I will not tolerate them," the judge said.
The judge then said all parties must not speak publicly about any members of the court staff.

"Consider this statement an order forbidding all parties from posting emailing or speaking publicly about any members of my staff,” Engoron said. “Failure to abide by this .. will result in serious sanctions."

:snippity:
Lisa Rubin on MSNBC was in the courtroom. She was only on air for this news briefly, but it sounds like the judge was pissed.
According to a MTN video Engoron learnt about this during the midday break. The video stresses the fact that the judge had T and his lawyers turn up in chambers where he ordered the post taken down.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Actually, the use of the phrase "shipping clerk" to refer to lawyers was a gift to us from Anna Von Strudel de la Pop Tart, as brought to us by the estimable JohnPCapitalist.

Here's the actual first reference in Formerly Fogbow.

Glad I could help with that. :oldman:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Added bonus: it was all about Heather Touchy Giraffe, another former notable we haven't heard from in a while.
Image Image Image Image
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

CNN reports that Trump will fly to Florida this afternoon.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Estiveo wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:54 am Added bonus: it was all about Heather Touchy Giraffe, another former notable we haven't heard from in a while.
This is a real pipe-and-slippers moment! Don't those seem simpler times?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:41 pm
Estiveo wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:54 am Added bonus: it was all about Heather Touchy Giraffe, another former notable we haven't heard from in a while.
This is a real pipe-and-slippers moment! Don't those seem simpler times?
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html
Donald Trump resumed his attacks on Wednesday on Judge Arthur Engoron, who is overseeing the former president's civil fraud case in New York.

The attack comes one day after the judge ordered Trump not to make any public comments about his staff.

“The judge already knows what he’s going to do, he’s a Democrat judge,” Trump said as he left the courthouse for a lunch break.

Trump also continued his attacks on New York Attorney General Letitia James, as he has done nearly every time he’s gone in or out of the courtroom this week.

Trump is not required to attend the civil trial, but was in court the first three days.

Trump left the courthouse during the lunch break and is on his way to the airport to return to his Florida residence, Mar-a-Lago, a source said.

On his way out of the building, Trump complained that he had been “stuck” at court because of James and the “fake case” against him.

“I’d rather be right now in Iowa. I’d rather be in New Hampshire or South Carolina or Ohio or a lot of other places,” Trump said. “But I’m stuck here because I have a corrupt attorney general that communicates with the DOJ in Washington to keep me nice and busy, because I’m leading (Joe) Biden in the polls by a lot.”
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:46 am [Foggy]Actually, the use of the phrase "shipping clerk" to refer to lawyers was a gift to us from Anna Von Strudel de la Pop Tart, as brought to us by the estimable JohnPCapitalist.

Here's the actual first reference in Formerly Fogbow.

Glad I could help with that. :oldman:
Ahem. viewtopic.php?p=219935&hilit=Reitz#p219935
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Oh, you are so right, and I missed it. I never think of her as Reitz, but that's no excuse.

My post should have said, "As pipistrelle said already, the use of the phrase 'shipping clerk' ... blah blah blah"
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Trump continues his attacks on Engoron and James despite the gag order. Let's see if the other shoe drops now, and just how loud of a thud it will be when it hits the floor. I'd like it to ring bells in Boston, and register on seismic detectors.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:35 pm CNN reports that Trump will fly to Florida this afternoon.
Just in time to argue that the Trial judge cant throw him in Jail for contempt for Jurisdiction? Just in time to claim he cant be in New York for the Deposition that should have been in Florida on October the third?
Hic sunt dracones
bob

Post by bob »

I believe the quadfectee's attendance is mostly optional on his part; there's no court order compelling his appearance. IIRC, he's only attending so he can squirm out of a deposition in a different case.
Image ImageImage

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”