Ron Desantis 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

2023-09-04 08.27.58.jpeg
2023-09-04 08.27.58.jpeg (387.94 KiB) Viewed 4619 times
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by raison de arizona »

ABC News Live @ABCNewsLive wrote: Florida Gov. DeSantis responds to former Pres. Trump calling his six-week abortion ban a “terrible mistake.”

He discusses his views on immigration, abortion, the 2024 election and more tonight on @ABCNewsLive Prime with @LinseyDavis at 7PM ET. https://trib.al/ufI60dI
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Foggy »

What else can you do to promote his candidacy, ABC News? It's really important for you to make him a popular candidate!
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Suranis

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Suranis »

Hey FOX was promoting him since 2018. What could go wrong.
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... y-christie
The Florida governor Ron DeSantis fell to fifth in a new New Hampshire poll, trailing not just Donald Trump, the runaway leader for the Republican presidential nomination, but Vivek Ramaswamy, Nikki Haley and Chris Christie.

The poll, from CNN and the University of New Hampshire (UNH), was just the latest worrying sign for DeSantis, whose hard-right campaign has struggled ever since a glitch-filled launch with Elon Musk on his social media platform in May.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Foggy »

:rotflmao: Yes! Yes! Blame it on Elon!
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
raison de arizona

Ron Desantis 2024

DeSantis vows to revoke funding for COVID vaccines if elected in 2024

GOP presidential candidate and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Wednesday that he will revoke funding for COVID-19 vaccines if elected to the White House next year.

“Certainly, we’re not going to fund them,” he said in an interview with ABC. “I think that the Biden is spending billions and billions of dollars on these. So they’ve done studies. They have not demonstrated the benefit of the boosters.”

DeSantis, who remains a strong opponent of mandating COVID-19 vaccines and other pandemic measures, claimed that there isn’t enough research to show whether the benefits of the new boosters outweigh the potential risks.
:snippity:
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... f-elected/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Ron Desantis 2024

AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

I'll watch the highlights after. :cantlook:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by bill_g »

You've been dreamin of this day for such a long time
Hey Ron Hey Ron your boyfriend's back
Yeah you know he's gonna do it
Yeah he's gonna stick it to ya
You better be quick and you better be gone
Hey Ron Hey Ron your boyfriend's back
Yeah you know he'll send you cryin
Yeah he's gonna spank your mama

(apologizes to The Angels)
Suranis

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Suranis »

"Democrat California Governor..." Democrat. Gavin should make Vannity choke by insisting that the name is the DemocratIC party.

And if Vannity refuses or keeps "accidentally" backtracking, Newsom should call him "Mr Vanity."
Hic sunt dracones
Resume18

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Resume18 »

He should counter with the Trumpublik party.

Because that's what it is anymore.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Suranis

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Suranis »

Trumpublican Party.
Hic sunt dracones
Resume18

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Resume18 »

Suranis wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:06 pm Trumpublican Party.
Shortening it up the way they do with Democrat party.
raison de arizona

Ron Desantis 2024

If only any of that mattered to tfg's voters, poor sap.
DeSantis War Room 🐊 @DeSantisWarRoom wrote: 🔥 DESANTIS on what he would say to Trump on the debate stage if Trump was brave enough to leave his basement:

“He’s running in 2024 on a lot of the same promises he ran on in 2016 and didn’t deliver on.

“He said he was going to drain the swamp. He still defends hiring Christopher Wray! He didn’t fire Wray. He didn’t fire Fauci.

“He said Mexico was going to pay for the border wall. That didn’t happen. They started the wall. We have a lot more to be able to do to finish the wall.

“He said he was going to eliminate the national debt. They added almost $8 trillion to the debt in four years.

“And then remember, he promised to appoint a special counsel for Hillary Clinton. Then after the election, he’s like ‘oh, no. Forget about it. That’s what you say before the election. It’s not what you say after.’ So now he’s saying he’s going to do one for Biden, but he had promised to do that [for Hillary]...

“If we do the same thing and we don’t deliver…we’re not going to turn the country around. Now is the time to deliver results.”
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

It kills me to say this, but he ain’t wrong.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Ron Desantis 2024

Iffin' I was an employer, or someone in charge of hiring professionals (I am,) I wouldn't take yer phony baloney accreditations.
DeSantis War Room 🐊 @DeSantisWarRoom wrote: DESANTIS outlines his plans to fundamentally change U.S. colleges and universities:

“We’re going to totally blow up the accreditation cartel. Right now, part of the reason universities operate as they are is because they need to get accredited. And these accreditors are all trying to create the types of universities that we object to as conservatives. So we’re going to have alternative accreditors. Instead of 'you have to have gender studies,' or 'you have to have DEI to get accredited,' it’ll be the opposite. We’re not going to accredit you if you have DEI and some of these other things. And that is going to create, I think, an opportunity for a lot of innovation in higher ed.”
Resume18

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Resume18 »

Florida Man wrote: And that is going to create, I think, an opportunity for a lot of innovation in higher ed.”
No, it isn't.
raison de arizona

Ron Desantis 2024

Make America Florida.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: DeSantis: I know Donald Trump and a lot of his people have been focusing on things like footwear. I'll tell you this. If Donald Trump can summon the balls to show up to the debate. I'll wear a boot on my head.
sugar magnolia

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by sugar magnolia »

If he was serious he'd have offered to debate barefooted.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

As a short person, here's my take. Own it, sucker. My first husband/ father of my children was short. Nobody cared, he was the first person to make fun of his height and once he got that in, nobody ever brought it up again. One of my two sons isn't much taller than me. He owned it. When he re-entered the dating scene, in his own dating self-description, he described himself as "Short. Not Tom Cruise short. Short.," He had no trouble meeting women. He developed his personality and his sense of humor. As a result, the woman he's about to become engaged to towers over him by a good three or four inches. And she's one of the most wonderful young women I have ever met. What I'm taking the long way around to say is, if you make the first joke about whatever, you've taken away the bullies ammunition.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Ron Desantis 2024

Brian Krassenstein @krassenstein wrote: Gavin Newsom Releases Abortion Ad attacking Ron DeSantis ahead of their November 30th Fox News Debate:

Newsom narrates the entire ad, which points out how inhumane and ridiculous DeSantis' 6-week abortion ban is. This ad is set to run in Florida and Washington, D.C.

Who else is excited about the Debate between the two in a couple of weeks? Who will win?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

Who will watch?
raison de arizona

Ron Desantis 2024

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 58819?s=20
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Florida has the highest inflation and car insurance rates in the country, people can’t pay their skyrocketing property insurance, but Ron Desantis will be passing out free food to people in New Hampshire this Thanksgiving.
raison de arizona

Ron Desantis 2024

:lol:
Ron DeSantis' team was going after Nikki Haley. They turned on each other instead.
Haley's rise has posed an existential threat to DeSantis' candidacy, and his team has struggled with how to counter it.

Leaders of Ron DeSantis' Never Back Down super PAC met privately last Tuesday to hash out a strategy for fighting Nikki Haley's rise in the polls. Instead, two of them nearly came to blows.

Jeff Roe, the top consultant for the super PAC, got into a heated argument with longtime DeSantis confidant Scott Wagner while a small group of nine board members and senior staff were discussing budgeting.

“You have a stick up your a--, Scott,” Roe fumed at Wagner, who is a member of the Never Back Down board.

“Why don’t you come over here and get it?” Wagner responded, rising from his chair. He was quickly restrained by two fellow board members. The interaction was relayed to NBC News by a source who was in the room.
:snippity:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-e ... rcna126102

Return to “US President”