2024 Senate Race Pennsylvania

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://jezebel.com/connecticut-man-pul ... 1850861806
David McCormick, a former hedge fund CEO and current resident of Connecticut, announced Thursday that he’s running to be the Republican Senate nominee in ... Pennsylvania. And if an out-of-state resident seeking the GOP nomination in Pennsylvania sounds vaguely familiar to you, that’s because celebrity doctor Mehmet Oz tried the same thing last year and lost to Sen. John Fetterman (D) in humiliating fashion.

McCormick also ran in the GOP primary in 2022, but lost to the Trump-endorsed Oz by just 951 votes. Republican strategists have lamented ever since that McCormick could have beat Fetterman in the general election. (Donald Trump reportedly asked if it was a mistake to endorse Oz over McCormick.) But one of Oz’s major liabilities on the campaign trail was that he was an out-of-touch multi-millionaire carpetbagger who opposes abortion—and McCormick brings all that same baggage to the table.

The former CEO was raised in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, but later moved to Connecticut, with his family. (His wife is Dina Powell, a former Goldman Sachs executive and former Trump administration official.) Then, in late 2021, a few months before announcing his first Senate run, McCormick bought a house in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. But he doesn’t actually live there—he lives in Westport, Connecticut, where his daughters go to a $53,000-a-year private school.
Two carpetbaggers in a row: Oz, now McCormick.

I understand he bought a house in the Squirrel Hill area of Pittsburgh. Nobody seems to know him there as a neighbor.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

RWNJ media is pushing this as a done deal: McCormick will trounce Fetterman. :lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

:rimshot:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Squirrel Hill was the neighborhood of a certain Fred Rogers. I'm pretty certain that's the reason I felt like I was coming home when I visited Carnegie Mellon University when I went on my Grand College Tour the summer before my senior year in high school. That feeling of coming home was definitely a factor in my choice to go there for college.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:43 pm RWNJ media is pushing this as a done deal: McCormick will trounce Fetterman. :lol:
:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:43 pm RWNJ media is pushing this as a done deal: McCormick will trounce Fetterman. :lol:
Impressive because the Democratic nominee in 2024 will be Casey. :towel:
Image ImageImage

Return to “U.S. Senate”