Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Or they are being told that she is doing loads of stuff that she isn't. Most people don't have the time or interest to follow this really closely, and the US Media is failing them at giving an accurate synopsis of whats happening - when it isn't actually lying.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Trump's running mate is going to be a prisoner in a Georgia State Penneteniary who trades Trump not getting his ass beat every night for the slot in hopes that if they win he might get out early with Trump to serve.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Not sure what's going on here

https://reddit.com/r/WhitePeopleTwitter/s/fzF0BswylX

IMG_0281.jpeg
IMG_0281.jpeg (106.15 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
IMG_0282.jpeg
IMG_0282.jpeg (287.87 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Probably someone posting a fake picture with a real tweet.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene🇺🇸 @RepMTG wrote: I’m so mad I did a live video this morning in my garage with no make up on.

Now I’m organizing an emergency Townhall in my district tonight.

America First! 🇺🇸

Here’s why I’m not in Washington right now. https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1YqKDgPwbOoxV
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Pretty sure the average Neanderthal would take one look at her and think, "What a dumbass."
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I have a higher than typical proportion of Neanderthal and can confirm.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I was looking up the "Jewish Space Lasers" thing today as I remembered her saying it was space mirrors. This was hard to pin down but newsweek in 2022 talked about what she actually said.

Naturally, what she actually said was Trumpian double talk about what other people say, pleasedontsueme "suggestions," and the reasity makes her look far more evil than the stupid public version.

https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-taylo ... st-1702753
In the now-deleted Facebook post, Greene suggested that the Rothschilds, a wealthy Jewish banking family long targeted by antisemitic conspiracy theories, profited from California's wildfires. She also implicated California's Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E), space solar power company Solaren and other officials.

Greene wrote that "oddly there have been all these people who have said they saw what looked like lasers or blue beams of light causing the fires, and pictures and videos."

Writing that she didn't "know anything about that," she still found it "really curious" that PG&E had a partnership with Solaren on space generators. She further suggested that if Solaren accidently caused the fires when transmitting the sun's energy back to Earth, it "wouldn't look so good for PG&E, Rothschild Inc., Solaren or (then-California Governor) Jerry Brown ... "
Hic sunt dracones
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Suranis wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:18 pm :snippity:
If you had gone back through the tread you would have seen that this was already addressed..
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Solaren press release https://www.solarenspace.com/2021/01/29 ... -straight/
FACEBOOK POST REFERENCING SOLAREN SPACE SOLAR – SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT

January 29, 2021

MANHATTAN BEACH, January 29, 2021 – A Facebook post by a member of Congress inferred that in 2018, Solaren Corporation (“Solaren”) Solar Power Satellites collected the Sun’s energy in Earth Orbit, converted that energy to laser power and beamed it back to Earth, where it sparked California’s worst wildfire. Solaren President & CEO, Gary T. Spirnak said that, “It is important to our government and industry partners and future customers, that Solaren set the record straight.”

Overview

As Solaren has not yet launched any Solar Power Satellites into space, the Facebook post has no basis in fact.

Background

A Solaren Space Solar Power (SSP) Plant will consist of a Solar Power Satellite in Geostationary Earth Orbit and a Ground Receive Station on Earth that is connected to a utility customer’s power grid. Solaren’s experienced team has developed a patented ultra-lightweight SSP plant design that will enable safe, all-weather, 24/7, zero emission space solar electricity, and be cost competitive with all terrestrial sources of electricity.

Setting the Record Straight:

First, Solaren and utility Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) did have a power contract, where Solaren would provide PG&E with baseload solar electricity, 24/7 from Solaren Solar Power Satellites starting in the 2016-2018 timeframe. The power contract was dependent on Solaren acquiring the necessary financing to develop, test, build, launch and deploy the Solar Power Satellites and to build the California Ground Receive Station that would be connected to PG&E power grid. After several years of effort following the worldwide banking crisis of a decade ago, Solaren was unable, at that time, to obtain the necessary commercial financing for the power plant. In 2015, Solaren and PG&E mutually agreed to forgo the power contract.

Second, to date, Solaren does not have any Solar Power Satellites in space. Therefore, a Solaren Solar Power Satellite could not have caused any California wildfires nor the described light phenomena “as seen by witnesses in 2018” as the Facebook post infers.

Third, Solaren Space Solar Power Plants are uncompromisingly designed for safety and cost competitiveness and cannot be weaponized. Solaren uses a different technology than described in the Facebook post, as we do not transmit power via lasers. Solaren uses radio frequencies to transmit power from Earth Orbit to a Receiving Station on Earth. Radio frequencies are what cell phones, radios and satellites use to transmit their signals. Solaren Space Solar will use different frequencies so as not interfere with other applications. The Facebook post infers that lasers or blue beams of light caused the fires to erupt. As Solaren Space Solar does not use lasers for power transmissions, the described light phenomena “as seen by witnesses in 2018” nor the fires could ever have been caused by Solaren Solar Power Satellites either then or in the future.

A Promising Future

Solaren plans to complete laboratory space solar power payload testing in 2021, followed by high power range testing and space deployment testing, and culminating in the 2025 timeframe with the launch of a megawatt class SSP Prototype plant into geostationary Earth orbit using a super heavy launch vehicle with an extremely large payload volume capability. This will be the world’s first space solar power plant and will initially demonstrate safe and efficient power delivery from Earth orbit to the United States. Validation of the SSP Prototype plant will enable follow-on Solaren SSP Production plants to deliver large, utility-scale, zero emission, baseload electricity to customers throughout the world.

About Solaren

Headquartered in Manhattan Beach, California, Solaren is an energy and aerospace company that is principally engaged in the research, design, development, integration and operations of Space Solar Power plants, and the sale of clean, baseload, space solar electricity.

Source: Solaren Corporation

Categorized in: News, Press Release
tek

Post by tek »

Huh..
I did a senior term paper in Microwave Engineering on this concept. In 1979.
I was not a fan then, am probably not a fan now.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Marjorie Taylor Greene Tweets Hanukkah Menorah Image for Yom Kippur

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rep-marjo ... yom-kippur
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) is getting roasted on Twitter (now known as X) after posting a Yom Kippur message featuring an image of a Hanukkah menorah. She swiftly deleted the post without an apology and reposted the original text of the message on her page without the image. “Menorah? Wrong holiday, you anti-Semitic POS,” Brett Meiselas, co-founder of the SuperPac MeidasTouch tweeted. David Weissman commented on the post asking if Greene’s account had been hacked. “Everyone’s making fun of Marjorie Taylor Greene for putting a menorah on her Yom Kippur message, but in her defense she thought it was an eight-pronged Jewish space laser,” Frank Lessner, a former writer for Stephen Colbert, joked on Twitter in response to the post.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Did she mean G’Mar Chatima Tova?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

When I see things like this I wonder if an insider is trying to sabotage her reputation. (I don't know whether to add /sarcasm to that.)
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

whoever wrote that statement from Solaren needs to learn the difference between "infer" and "imply". They used the word infer incorrectly several times.

That's one of MY pet peeves.
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:44 am When I see things like this I wonder if an insider is trying to sabotage her reputation. (I don't know whether to add /sarcasm to that.)
I wonder about that, too. Something I consider to be more likely is that MTG hires staff members whose level of intellect/level of education/sensitivity are inferior—if that is possible—to her own. No doubt that is necessary for her to keep her sense of superiority in peak, inflated condition.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

IMG_2350.jpeg
IMG_2350.jpeg (115.06 KiB) Viewed 761 times
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

MTG - Keeping DC classy.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

What did you expect from Marjorie Taylor Cretin?
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Change approved!
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

NewMexGirl wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:40 pm :snippity:
I wonder about that, too. Something I consider to be more likely is that MTG hires staff members whose level of intellect/level of education/sensitivity are inferior—if that is possible—to her own. No doubt that is necessary for her to keep her sense of superiority in peak, inflated condition.
Tell me you've never been to NW GA....without telling me you've never been to NW GA... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:36 pm
NewMexGirl wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:40 pm :snippity:
Tell me you've never been to NW GA....without telling me you've never been to NW GA... :biggrin:
If I recall correctly, Darren Huff from Fitzpatrick's "Madisonville Hoax" was from NW Georgia.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene🇺🇸 @RepMTG wrote: I’m proud to let you know my amendment to FIRE Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin just passed on the House floor.

Under his failed leadership, our military is being destroyed and he doesn’t deserve to serve any longer.

This is the first time in the 118th Congress the Holman rule has been used to hold a Biden official accountable.

It’s time for more.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

"amendment"?

So she proposed an amendment to another bill to do it, Everyone said "sure Marge" and she is now talking like she succeeded in firing the guy?

I bet she will publicize it when the no hoper bills fails.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”