Taking a long time, isn't it?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

A General thread for 2024 Presidential Elections

Post by RTH10260 »

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:49 pm "Capitalism lifts people up out of poverty."

Taking a long time, isn't it?
:yeahthat:
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Just an observation:

I was driving through redneck California this weekend, burning past all sorts of monster trucks, some pulling campers, others pulling boats and stuff, whatever, they can eat my Prius dust. Saw all sorts of flags and banners: USA, USA with the blue line for the cops, Don't Tread on Me, Dump Newsom, and Let's Go Brandon, which always makes me laugh.

It didn't strike me until I got home: unlike 8 years ago and 4 years ago, when they were all over the place, not one single Trump flag.
much ado

Post by much ado »

busterbunker wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:02 am Just an observation:

I was driving through redneck California this weekend, burning past all sorts of monster trucks, some pulling campers, others pulling boats and stuff, whatever, they can eat my Prius dust. Saw all sorts of flags and banners: USA, USA with the blue line for the cops, Don't Tread on Me, Dump Newsom, and Let's Go Brandon, which always makes me laugh.

It didn't strike me until I got home: unlike 8 years ago and 4 years ago, when they were all over the place, not one single Trump flag.
That's a very interesting observation. I'm in California, too (Bay area). Which redneck counties were you driving in? I'm going to keep a lookout during an upcoming road trip to eastern Nevada.

The Great Trumpian Apostasy is upon us. (I hope.)
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

I'm also in the Bay Area and take about a dozen trips every year hiking in the Sierra. Yosemite, up and down 395 on the eastside, SEKI, etc. This trip was 108 over Sonora Pass to Twin Lakes outside of Bridgeport. The campground at that trailhead is about as redneck as they come.

We're like a year and change from the stupid elections and typically they're be Trump flags everywhere. My season's drawing to a close and I can't remember seeing a single one.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Dont wanna rain on your parade, I do hope you read the trip correctly, but do consider the possibility of selective blindness.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

busterbunker wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:02 am Just an observation:

I saw one tfg yard sign yesterday in farm country. None of the neighbors had anything up (yet). I wasn't able to make my usual visit to a tfg stronghold this year, where the results in 2020 were tfg 71%, Biden 28% (2016 was tfg 71%, Clinton 25%) and where farmers put up essentially billboards in their yards, so I don't know how that wind blows.

2008 was 61% McCain, 37% Obama. 2012 was 66% Romney, 32% Obama. The 2000 election was 63% Bush, 35% Gore.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

We drive through a clearly upper middle class area of McMansions on our way to the oncologists office, because I'm a dweeb and hate traffic. Two of those houses fly trump flags, one from a flag pole and one atop his mailbox. Another, who owns the (vacant) lot next to his house that he has fenced, has the entire front fence covered with trump flags.

So trump idiocy is not confined to (some of) the lower income rural populace.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:52 am We drive through a clearly upper middle class area of McMansions on our way to the oncologists office, because I'm a dweeb and hate traffic. Two of those houses fly trump flags, one from a flag pole and one atop his mailbox. Another, who owns the (vacant) lot next to his house that he has fenced, has the entire front fence covered with trump flags.

So trump idiocy is not confined to (some of) the lower income rural populace.
I’ve said that all along. Many of those charged with J6 were upper crusty or adjacent. But here it’s the farmers/farm adjacent most likely to let their freak flags fly.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Asking the tough questions: Can you prove you're not gay?
The Recount @therecount wrote: Fox’s Brian Kilmeade: “What’s your status?”

2024 candidate Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC): “I have a wonderful girlfriend. We have a wonderful relationship.”

Kilmeade: “We met your mom. Will we meet your girlfriend?”

Scott: “You will, of course — at some point.”

Kilmeade: “OK. Great.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:57 pm Asking the tough questions: Can you prove you're not gay?
The Recount @therecount wrote: Fox’s Brian Kilmeade: “What’s your status?”

2024 candidate Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC): “I have a wonderful girlfriend. We have a wonderful relationship.”

Kilmeade: “We met your mom. Will we meet your girlfriend?”

Scott: “You can't, because she lives in Canada.” FIFY

Kilmeade: “OK. Great.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Another debate night. Who is watching? I'll try, but probably fall asleep before it's over :oldlady:
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:51 pm Another debate night. Who is watching? I'll try, but probably fall asleep before it's over :oldlady:
Highly unlikely, but hey, I'm not doing anything else, so mebbe?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Kendra wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:51 pm Another debate night. Who is watching? I'll try, but probably fall asleep before it's over :oldlady:
Not me, we're still in France, I can read about it tomorrow... It will probably be a lot less painful being able to fast forward though it :mrgreen:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Just noted on CNN, this will likely be a more restrained audience at the Reagan library vs. the more rowdy nature of the audience at debate #1. Reagan library is smaller and I believe they reported that the audience members are invited by staff at the library, or something like that. Reagan Republicans and maybe not trumpers. We'll see.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

From The Lincoln Project -
Republican Debate Bingo Card.jpeg
Republican Debate Bingo Card.jpeg (133.02 KiB) Viewed 3039 times
raison de arizona

The Lincoln Project @ProjectLincoln wrote: We watched that burning dumpster fire of a "debate" so that you don't have to.
raison de arizona

Speaking of pulling up the ladder behind you... :lol:
Sawyer A Hackett @SawyerHackett wrote: “I favor ending birthright citizenship,” said man born in the U.S. to two noncitizens, making him a birthright citizen.
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:42 pm Speaking of pulling up the ladder behind you...
To be fair, Ramaswamy said children "of illegal immigrants." There's no evidence Ramaswamy's parents lacked authorization to be in the United States when he was born.

Regardless, his beliefs would require amending the U.S. Constitution.* Last time I checked, the president lacked the unilateral power to do that.

* Or getting the right five people to agree with you.
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

Uygur appears to be pulling an Ayyadurai. :brickwallsmall:
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

There are a few people on YT I watch, but he ain't one of 'em.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/exclu ... ndent-run/
2024 presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. plans to announce he will run as an independent on October 9 in Pennsylvania, Mediaite has learned.

Kennedy’s campaign machine is now planning “attack ads” against the Democratic National Committee in order to “pave the way” for his announcement in Philadelphia about running as an independent, according to a text reviewed by Mediaite.

“Bobby feels that the DNC is changing the rules to exclude his candidacy so an independent run is the only way to go,” a Kennedy campaign insider told Mediaite.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “US President”