Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Proud Boys

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Proud Boys

Post by bill_g »

Hey Joe, tell your family to pull harder on those boot straps.
pipistrelle

Proud Boys

Post by pipistrelle »

Poor guy lost his military pension. Would a pardon get it back? I hope not.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Proud Boys

Post by neonzx »

Oh tfg would definitely pardon these "boys". tfg tosses pardons out like you or I might toss candy to kids on a parade route.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Proud Boys

Post by Maybenaut »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:20 am Poor guy lost his military pension. Would a pardon get it back? I hope not.
That’s a good question. There’s only two ways for a military retiree to lose his or her pension:

(1) get convicted at court-martial after being recalled to active duty to face trial and get sentenced to a punitive discharge (rare, but it happens) - the loss of the pension in that case is a collateral consequence of the sentence - there’s no retirement, so there’s no pension; or

(2) get convicted in federal court for certain enumerated crimes against the United States (I don’t recall them off the top of my head, but they’re all treasonish/seditiony) - in that case the loss of the pension is an administrative consequence of the conviction.

Further complicating matters is whether the pension is paid by the DoD or the VA. There are different rules governing the ways one could lose a VA pension, and I’m not all that familiar with them.

But I have no idea how a pardon would affect any loss of pension. Until this recent crop of “patriots” came on the scene, I don’t think anyone has lost his or her pension as a result of a federal conviction.

Even if a pardon restores a military pension, if my experience with the Defense Finance Accounting Service is any guide, they’d have to fight long and hard to get it back. In many cases our clients got their sentences reduced or their convictions overturned, and should have resulted in back pay. And there’s supposedly a process for claiming it but I’ve never seen it actually work. That was a long time ago and things may have improved somewhat, but…
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Proud Boys

Post by bill_g »

Patriots fighting to get their social welfare back ... :swoon: :doh:
pipistrelle

Proud Boys

Post by pipistrelle »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:09 am Even if a pardon restores a military pension, if my experience with the Defense Finance Accounting Service is any guide, they’d have to fight long and hard to get it back. In many cases our clients got their sentences reduced or their convictions overturned, and should have resulted in back pay. And there’s supposedly a process for claiming it but I’ve never seen it actually work. That was a long time ago and things may have improved somewhat, but…
Thanks for the explanation-I figured it'd be complicated waters that haven't been navigated. The Nazi leader in Florida (not convicted of anything I know of, let alone sedition) is a former Marine. There have likely been these types in the military since time began, but now they're louder and prouder...it's sad.
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

:waiting:
chancery
Verified:

Proud Boys

Post by chancery »

https://twitter.com/Brandi_Buchman/stat ... 8214081693
Brandi Buchman
@Brandi_Buchman
·
10s
NOW: Henry "Enrique" Tarrio is sentenced to 22 YEARS in prison and 36 mos. supervised release.
chancery
Verified:

Proud Boys

Post by chancery »

Absolutely spectacular job of real-time reporting by Brandi Buchman.
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/05/politics ... index.html

:snippity: Tarrio:
‘I am not a political zealot’
Before he was sentenced, Tarrio apologized for the “pain and suffering” that law enforcement, legislators, and others suffered on January 6, and vowed to have “nothing to do with politics, groups, activism or rallies.”

“I have always tried to hold myself to a higher standard and I failed,” he said. “I held myself morally above others, and this trial has shown me how wrong I was.”

Standing before the judge in an orange jumpsuit, Tarrio said that he “spent the last year and a half trying to figure out how I ended up at this podium. On November 3, 2020, something that I never expected happened – my candidate lost. I felt like something was personally stolen from me. Every media channel that I turned to told me I was justified.”

But, Tarrio said, he was against the violence that erupted at the Capitol: “I am not a political zealot. Inflicting harm or changing the outcome of the election was not my goal.”

Prosecutor Conor Mulroe slammed Tarrio, saying that the Proud Boys leader had a “toxic ability to control others” and was the “leader of this conspiracy” that “targeted our entire system of government.”

Mulroe described Tarrio as someone with a “toxic ability to control others” who “increased his own fame and stature by fanning the flame of violence, political violence.”

“These are men who would never strap a bomb to their chest or sign up for a training camp, but they are thrilled by the notion of traveling from city to city and beating their advisories senseless in a street fight,” Mulroe said.

The Proud Boys organization, led by Tarrio, “were not just a drop in the bucket” when it comes to the violence on January 6, Mulroe said. The group “had an integral role in that first breach” at the Capitol, Mulroe said. “The actions of that group were absolutely pivotal on January 6 and followed directly the plotting and planning of Enrique Tarrio.”
:snippity:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Proud Boys

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Tarrio’s mom said to the judge that she told Tarrio “no more politics and capes. Family man only.”
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Proud Boys

Post by neonzx »

Neon approved sentencing. :dance:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Proud Boys

Post by Frater I*I »

He FA and now has FO....minimum of 18.7 years he'll do :rotflmao:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

Stand back, stand by and go directly to jail.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Proud Boys

Post by raison de arizona »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:33 pm Tarrio’s mom said to the judge that she told Tarrio “no more politics and capes. Family man only.”
He had his chance when he was released on 1/5 after his church hate crime and high capacity clip arrest. He chose differently and now it is too late.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Proud Boys

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Proud Boys

Pic of Tarrio and some random Senator. What a shame Ted Cruz got mixed up in this.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Proud Boys

Post by Phoenix520 »

chancery wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:50 pm Absolutely spectacular job of real-time reporting by Brandi Buchman.
Absolutely agree. :lovestruck:

She’s working for Emptywheel now, the queen 🤴 of live blogging. She was the only blogger issued a press pass for the Scooter Libby trial (Dick Cheney’s CoS, who outed Valerie Plame as a CIA agent after her husband Joe Wilson pointed out that the yellow cake was a lie. Is this where ‘the cake is a lie’comes from? :lol: )
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:03 pm Brandi Buchman
@Brandi_Buchman@mstdn.social
The whole thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1699 ... 60922.html
Thank you. Twitter used to be so much more user friendly.
pipistrelle

Proud Boys

Post by pipistrelle »

Is that the longest sentence to date?

I don't get these "charismatic" guys. They don't seem much to me but I think I have a built-in filter for "charisma." Or whatever.
raison de arizona

Proud Boys

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:10 pm Is that the longest sentence to date?
Yes.
pipistrelle

Proud Boys

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:13 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:10 pm Is that the longest sentence to date?
Yes.
Good. Let his mother stew. She’s seen his bs for years and still says he’s a good boy.
SuzieC
Verified:

Proud Boys

Post by SuzieC »

If the leader of the Proud Boys gets 22 years, how much will the instigator of the Proud Boys get, who told them to stand up and stand by?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Proud Boys

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:16 pm
chancery wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:50 pm Absolutely spectacular job of real-time reporting by Brandi Buchman.
Absolutely agree. :lovestruck:

She’s working for Emptywheel now, the queen 🤴 of live blogging. She was the only blogger issued a press pass for the Scooter Libby trial (Dick Cheney’s CoS, who outed Valerie Plame as a CIA agent after her husband Joe Wilson pointed out that the yellow cake was a lie. Is this where ‘the cake is a lie’comes from? :lol: )
No, the 'cake is a lie' thing comes from the game Portal. At one point, players are promised cake if they do something. Then when they are going through another section of the game where a scientist has gone mad, they find "the cake is a lie" written in various places, usually scrawled like it was written by a madman. People use it in reference to false promises and stuff like that.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Proud Boys

Post by Phoenix520 »

Thanks Kris. I would never have figured that out :lol: I don’t know why but the only game I play is Two Dots on my phone. I never got into it.

Return to “White Supremacists and Neo-Fascists”