X -Where Twitter goes to die.

Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Well it looks like Elon wants TheJews to bail him out of his bad business decisions.

Like half of what he paid.
IMG_9578.jpeg
IMG_9578.jpeg (68.83 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:lol:

Cernovich @Cernovich wrote: It’s been proven that Democrat groups buy bots to falsely smear people via association. How many anti-Semitic accounts are real vs how many are funded / operated by the DNC to create fear and division?
Elon Musk @elonmusk wrote: It is impossible to tell with unverified accounts whether you’re dealing with a small or large number of real people, as sophisticated bots are virtually indistinguishable from humans.

With unverified accounts, there is also no way to tell if the organization complaining was somehow complicit in creating the very thing they complain about!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

It is impossible to tell with unverified accounts whether you’re dealing with a small or large number of real people, as sophisticated bots are virtually indistinguishable from humans.
I was able to distinguish that the "cybertruck" was not a truck pretty quick, Elmo. Try again.. :popcorn:
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

NewMexGirl wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:56 pm
Suranis wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:15 pm At this point I'm just assuming 90% of what this fucking idiot posts is just to stir shit.
:winner:
:yeahthat:
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

90% of social media is just to stir shit. Has been, always will be, that's the whole point.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

busterbunker wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:14 am 90% of social media is just to stir shit. Has been, always will be, that's the whole point.
What they said.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

It sounds like he wants to force verification, which not only brings in a bit of money but also means more control.

He fails to mention that a lot of the "verified" that follow him are trolls and bots, which isn't unintentional. :whistle:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

I no longer feel guilty about referring to him as 'Eloi Morlock' after the two future races in The Time Machine. Because like one, he lives a dissolute life of ease, and like the other, he is a bottom feeding cannibalistic troll.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

ADL Statement on X/Twitter

https://www.adl.org/resources/press-rel ... t-xtwitter
New York, NY, September 5, 2023 … ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt issued the following statement today regarding recent developments with X/Twitter:

“It is profoundly disturbing that Elon Musk spent the weekend engaging with a highly toxic, antisemitic campaign on his platform -- a campaign started by an unrepentant bigot that then was heavily promoted by individuals such as white supremacist Nick Fuentes, Christian nationalist Andrew Torba, conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and others. Finally, we saw the campaign manifest in the real world when masked men marched in Florida on Saturday brazenly waving flags adorned with swastikas and chanting "Ban the ADL."

But to be clear, the real issue is neither ADL nor the threat of a frivolous lawsuit. This urgent matter is the safety of the Jewish people in the face of increasing, intensifying antisemitism. Musk is engaging with and elevating these antisemites at a time when ADL is tracking a surge of bomb threats and swatting attacks of synagogues and Jewish institutions, dramatic levels of antisemitic propaganda being littered throughout Jewish and non-Jewish residential communities, and extremists marching openly through the streets in Nazi gear. All of this is happening in a context of the highest number of antisemitic incidents that ADL has tracked in more than 40 years -- and just two weeks away from the Jewish holidays of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.

And so, this behavior is not just alarming nor reckless. It is flat out dangerous and deeply irresponsible. We need responsible leaders to lead, to stop inflaming hatred and to step back from the brink before it's too late.”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Civil rights groups attacked by Elon Musk are mounting a counteroffensive
Advocacy groups are rallying to the defense of the Anti-Defamation League and the Center for Countering Digital Hate.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/ ... rcna103579
Anti-hate groups and civil rights organizations vowed this week to strengthen their resolve against hate speech on social media, saying they would not be intimidated by threats of lawsuits from tech billionaire Elon Musk.

Leaders of several organizations told NBC News that they were gearing up for a long fight with Musk over his management of X, the app formerly known as Twitter. As the app’s owner for nearly a year, Musk has loosened the rules around hate speech and granted a “general amnesty” to many people previously banned, including for posting antisemitism.

Musk has been picking fights with nonprofit organizations one by one, blaming them for hurting advertising sales at X. In July he sued the Center for Countering Digital Hate, saying its research into hate speech was false or misleading, a claim the center denies. On Monday he made a similar threat of legal action against the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).

“An attack on the ADL is an attack on all of us,” said Claire Atkin, CEO of Check My Ads, a watchdog group for ways in which the ad industry supports hate speech.

Anti-hate organizers also said they were disturbed by Musk’s increasing acceptance of antisemitism on X and his decisions to promote people with antisemitic views. Musk faced a similar backlash months ago after he attacked fellow billionaire George Soros, who is Jewish. He said on Monday that he’s against antisemitism of any kind.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Quite a thread, well worth a read.
Mueller, She Wrote @MuellerSheWrote wrote: THREAD: This is harrowing. Saudi Arabia wanted the names of 6000 anonymous Arab Spring dissidents from Twitter. At first, MBS tried to get their names using EDRs - requests under emergency circumstances. When that proved cumbersome, KSA basically bought Twitter. 1/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

My feed randomly changed from “Following” to “For you” and promptly displayed multiple posts from some strange person I certain was randomly selected.
IMG_5647.png
IMG_5647.png (500.89 KiB) Viewed 1625 times
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

All of a sudden I'm getting folks following me on Twitter. I never post there. However, to keep track of where I am in my lists, I'll "like" a tweet just to mark where I left off reading. I "unlike" it when I go back to read new tweets in that list. I'm averaging maybe one or two new followers each day. That is just so weird. And creepy.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:07 am All of a sudden I'm getting folks following me on Twitter. I never post there. However, to keep track of where I am in my lists, I'll "like" a tweet just to mark where I left off reading. I "unlike" it when I go back to read new tweets in that list. I'm averaging maybe one or two new followers each day. That is just so weird. And creepy.
I have noticed the same thing. I rarely post anything. I "like" things from time to time, and occasionally I have responded to posts. In the past I would get a follower every now and then most likely when I "liked" one of their posts. But all the sudden I'm getting people that no way in the world should or would they legitimately follow my account - nothing in common and their posts are repulsive to me. So yeah, something weird is going on. I don't read Twitter anywhere near as much as I used to.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

Elmo explains why it isn't treasonous to assist Russia against Ukraine.
raison de arizona

Elon Musk moving servers himself shows his ‘maniacal sense of urgency’ at X, formerly Twitter
< :snippity: great story, here’s the punch line :snippity: >
► Show Spoiler
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/11/elon-mu ... gency.html
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RVInit wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:22 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:07 am All of a sudden I'm getting folks following me on Twitter. I never post there. However, to keep track of where I am in my lists, I'll "like" a tweet just to mark where I left off reading. I "unlike" it when I go back to read new tweets in that list. I'm averaging maybe one or two new followers each day. That is just so weird. And creepy.
I have noticed the same thing. I rarely post anything. I "like" things from time to time, and occasionally I have responded to posts. In the past I would get a follower every now and then most likely when I "liked" one of their posts. But all the sudden I'm getting people that no way in the world should or would they legitimately follow my account - nothing in common and their posts are repulsive to me. So yeah, something weird is going on. I don't read Twitter anywhere near as much as I used to.

This is bot farms doing two things.

First, they're building up real followers to fake accounts so if you try to look at how real an account is, it's not and account with 50k followers but none of them have any followers of their own..

Second, of course, they then use those fake accounts to spread posts with right wing nutjob type content. Accounts like this were almost too hard to keep deleting a year before 2016 on Facebook. they weren't as good at it then, the accounts that "Friend Request" posts came from back then had foriegn sounding names, the accounts were less than a week or two old and if you tried to look at any friends they had, and many didn't have, you'd see that all their friends were just like them they had foreign names and no other friends. No posts, no pics, just a blank profile.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

RVInit wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:22 pm
Since I found that to be too creepy, I looked and found the way to remove those followers. If you click on your profile, then click on Followers, you will see a list of people following you. To the right of their name you will see three dots. Click on the dots and you will have the option of Remove This Follower. I'm back down to 2 followers (who I know).
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I can't get even bots to follow me. :rotflmao:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Uncle Elon steals a meme and gets clapped back by Ice Cube
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:27 am Uncle Elon steals a meme and gets clapped back by Ice Cube
perfect retort
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

And Uncle elon broke it again. Getting something went wrong on all my notifications and can't read anything.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

Didja pony up?
Elon Musk Now Wants to Charge ALL Users For Twitter

Elon Musk, the CEO of Twitter/X, is floating an idea that he’s had before, but never mentioned publicly, to remedy the problem of social media bots: charging people to use social media.

The news was reported on the platform by Bloomberg’s Dave Lee, who wrote:
Elon Musk revisiting an idea apparently floated privately in the past — charging *everyone* to use Twitter. A lower tier than premium. “[We’re] moving to a small monthly payment for use of the X system,” he just told Benjamin Netanyahu, saying it’s [the] only way to stamp out bots.
As Lee reported, it’s not the first time Musk has proposed making people pay to use X, which has, according to multiple reports, descended into a chaotic haven for hate speech and misinformation since Musk took over in late 2022. In fact, he had the idea just weeks into his tenure as CEO. Lee linked to a November 2022 article by Casey Newton about the idea of putting Twitter behind a paywall, a seemingly logical step Musk might take after the bumpy launch of Twitter Blue subscriptions:
But the new Blue likely faces larger problems. The existing version only had a little more than 100,000 active subscribers, Platformer has learned. The new version will be 37.5 percent more expensive, and its value seems murky for most regular users of the platform. It’s unclear how the company will persuade enough people to subscribe to justify the effort.

Twitter employees tried to sell Musk and Sacks on the idea of asking business accounts to pay for extra features, since many of them use Twitter to reach large audiences. But they were dismissed in favor of offering wide-scale verification first, I’m told.

Other employees have warned about a secondary feature of the new Blue that Musk added at the last minute: reducing ad load in the Twitter app by half. Estimates showed that Twitter will lose about $6 in ad revenue per user per month in the United States by making that change, sources said. Factoring in Apple and Google’s share of the $8 monthly subscription, Twitter would likely lose money on Blue if the ad-light plan is enacted.

“The business fundamentals are just not there,” said one former employee who worked on the plans.
https://www.mediaite.com/tech/elon-musk ... r-twitter/
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Israel's Netanyahu urges Musk to balance free speech, fighting hate on X

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-ea ... 023-09-18/
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu urged Elon Musk to strike a balance between protecting free expression and fighting hate speech at a meeting on Monday after weeks of controversy over antisemitic content on Musk's social media platform X.

Earlier this month, Musk attacked the Anti-Defamation League, accusing the nonprofit that works to fight antisemitism of primarily causing a 60% decrease in U.S. ad revenue at X, without providing evidence.

Musk bought the platform, then known as Twitter, in October.

Musk previously joined a conversation on X with the hashtag #BantheADL, engaging with users who expressed white supremacist views, and asked followers whether he should poll the platform about banning the ADL.

"I hope you find within the confines of the First Amendment, the ability to not only stop antisemitism ... but any collective hatred of a people," Netanyahu said during the meeting that was broadcast live on X from Tesla's factory in Fremont, California.

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”