Election 2024: Democrats Are Going To Win Again

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well, if you are talking Medical Terms, you are not considered a Fetus till the end of week 10 or Pregnancy. Until then you are considered an Embryo.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pregn ... t-10-weeks
Hic sunt dracones
Lani

Post by Lani »

Estiveo wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:18 pm I think I'm gonna run over to my favorite dispensary tomorrow & score an eighth of tasty, tasty, buddage.
:snippity:
Here we need a medical person to write a letter saying the person needs pot, and then it goes to a state department for a decision. I'm told:(

I know a doctor who feels that pot is safer than some prescriptions and some problems. Recently, we chatted about changes in health care. He knows I have trouble sleeping, chronic pain, loss of weight, etc. He sent me an application I could sign for pot. The state ok'd me within just 4 days :o and sent my license. (It's usually slow.)

I went to a pot store today. Oh boy, it was weird. I felt so old.... :oldlady:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Lani wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:20 amI went to a pot store today. Oh boy, it was weird. I felt so old.... :oldlady:
But afterward, did ya feel all...grooooovy? :geezertowel:
Image Image Image Image
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

And hungry.....?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:25 am And hungry.....?
Yeah, it would be a good investment to open a snack shop next to one of those places that sells pot. Gotta prepare for the munchies. Or so I'm told. :batting:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RVInit wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:39 pm
Yeah, it would be a good investment to open a snack shop next to one of those places that sells pot. Gotta prepare for the munchies. Or so I'm told. :batting:
Shorty after Colorado legalized there was a picture circulating of a Girl Scout who set up her cookie table right next to the door of a head shop...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Lani

Post by Lani »

:) That's what I wanted!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

Hijack- so glad you’re back Lani. I have used cbd and thc tinctures for pain relief and sleep for years. A few drops at a time. No hunger pains, etc, but a great pain and sleep aid. Take care.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:like:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Rove thinks Dems are going to win and he knows why.
Lis Power @LisPower1 wrote: Karl Rove admits that Republicans are to blame for shutdowns

Bream: It does generally seem that Republicans get blamed for shutdowns

Rove: Well, generally because Republicans are responsible for the shutdowns, they seem to eagerly want it, so there's a reason they get blamed
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Republicans are running out of money in several key states. Big donors are staying away due to the crazy. tfg is sucking up all the small dollar donations and using them for legal fees, to the tune of $40M.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I can't imagine giving money to that person when these people so concerned about children could help St. Jude's or Shriners.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2023/09/g ... ation.html
Gov. Josh Shapiro on Tuesday announced that Pennsylvania will become the 24th state to implement automatic voter registration.

In an interview on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, Shapiro said everyone who goes to the Department of Motor Vehicles to get a new or renewed driver’s license will be automatically registered to vote, unless the individual chooses to opt out.

“It’s a safe, secure, streamlined way to get them to register and participate in our democracy,” said Shapiro, speaking on National Voter Registration Day.

Shapiro said there are 1.7 million Pennsylvanians who are eligible to vote but are not registered. He said Secretary of State Al Schmidt estimated there would be tens of thousands of new registrants in the first year.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Nice, congrats!
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen
@NoLieWithBTC

Breaking News: Democrat Lindsay Powell just won a state house special election in Pennsylvania, meaning Democrats have now RETAKEN a razor-thin majority in the Pennsylvania House.

This is huge.
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:

And I'm going to vote for the woman who vacated the office to run in the county election in November.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Oh dear.

Mercury News :press:
@mercnews@press.coop
Opinion: As 2024 approaches, where has all the left-wing money gone?

Donors who buoyed Democrats' causes throughout the Trump years are disengaging.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Democrats flip key New Hampshire seat, putting them inches from erasing GOP's majority

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/9 ... s-majority
New Hampshire Democrat Hal Rafter scored a major pickup for his party on Tuesday by flipping a swingy seat in a special election for the state House, a triumph that puts Democrats one seat away from erasing the GOP's majority in the chamber.

Rafter beat Republican Jim Guzofski 56-44 to flip Rockingham County's 1st District, a constituency that favored Donald Trump by a tiny 49.1 to 48.7 margin in 2020. The seat became vacant in April when Republican Rep. Brian Bartlett resigned, citing health issues.

Rafter's win leaves Republicans with a bare 198-197 edge despite a map that they gerrymandered for their own benefit just last year. The enormous 400-member also includes a pair of independents and, importantly, three other vacant seats. Two of those vacancies occurred this very week: Democrat Bill Hatch announced his departure Monday, while Republican Troy Merner resigned the next day, just hours before Rafter's victory.

The final unoccupied seat was last held by Democrat David Cote, who stepped down in July. Only the race to replace Cote has been scheduled, so if Democrats defend his safely blue district in the Nashua area on Nov. 7, they'd force a tie in the chamber―assuming nothing else happens, that is.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Bring it on. It's about fu*king time, a light bulb went on: "Bipartisanship is not a sin.

Voters know the disaster of the GOP civil war and inability to cooperate and help Americans. Republicans are publicly predicting they will lose the House in 2024.
46 mins ago - Politics & Policy
Bipartisan talk grows as GOP fails to find a speaker
Andrew Solender

Lawmakers in both parties are expressing growing openness, both in public and in private, to a bipartisan deal to elect a House speaker as Republicans are continually thwarted in their efforts to do it alone.

Why it matters: With House Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-La.) withdrawing despite winning his party’s nomination, some Republicans are concerned nobody can win the job with just GOP votes.

What they're saying: "There's a sentiment building around [a bipartisan deal] among Democrats and Republicans," Rep. Dan Kildee (D-Mich.), a member of Democratic leadership who represents a swing district, told Axios. "We're open to anything that's reasonable," said Rep. Maria Salazar (R-Fla.), a member of the moderate Republican Governance Group. "Bipartisanship is not a sin." Rep. Don Bacon (R-Neb.), a perennial bipartisan dealmaker, said "at this point, there are enough Republican and Democrats saying we've got to get this fixed."
Rep. Greg Landsman (D-Ohio) said, as the situation devolves, he sees Republicans "absolutely" getting more open to a deal: "Yes, I mean you're seeing that."

State of play: With Scalise out of the running, all eyes now turn to Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), a co-founder of the right-wing Freedom Caucus. But some of Jordan's GOP colleagues are already predicting he'll suffer the same fate as Scalise. "I think he's gonna have a math problem as well," said Mike Garcia (R-Calif.). Rep. Greg Murphy (R-N.C.) said "it's going to be hard" for Jordan to win.

What we're hearing: A bipartisan group of roughly ten House lawmakers is quietly holding "very" serious discussions, a moderate Republican involved in the discussions told Axios on the condition of anonymity. "The question is who gets you to the largest minority of the majority," the GOP lawmaker said. "Is it Don Bacon, who gets 20 [GOP] votes and 200 Democrats? Is it French Hill who gets 100 votes from Republicans? And the fewer Republicans, the more dangerous this is – not just politically, but structurally." Another question, the Republican said, is how many speaker candidates need to fail before people soften on the idea: "Kevin, Steve, Jordan, Emmer … how many losses do you have to have to make that an acceptable outcome?"

Between the lines: Congress is unfamiliar with bipartisan coalition governments in the vein of state legislatures and foreign governments – but the House had also never voted to oust a speaker until last Tuesday. "We are setting precedent every day," said the moderate Republican. "Whatever solution we have will be unprecedented." Democrats say their position hasn't changed from before former Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) was ousted – they want "institutional reforms, rules changes that allow for bipartisan votes ... not every couple months but every day," said Landsman.

Reality check: Cross-party tensions are still raw after Democrats voted uniformly to remove McCarthy. "There was no sense of [bipartisanship] when it was the motion to vacate a week and a half ago," said Rep. Blake Moore (R-Utah), "so I don't think anything is credible that could be realistic at the moment." Rep. Nick LaLota (R-N.Y.) expressed skepticism as well: "Has a Democrat come out and said they would support a Republican nominee?"

The bottom line: Just before Scalise dropped out, Bacon said of Republicans, "At some point we're going to be exasperated [and say], 'Okay, this is not working.'" Asked after Scalise announced if lawmakers are getting closer to that point, he told Axios: "I think we are ... It's going to be a sort of consensus opinion between a group of us." "If this goes on forever, we've got to get the country back going," said Rep. Dan Newhouse (R-Wash.).
https://www.axios.com/2023/10/13/house- ... deal-votes
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hoop Dee Doo! :P

Frank Yankovic, featuring Joey Miskulin & Denny Anderson. (Toronto, Canada)

Dave Wasserman @Redistrict 24m
I've seen enough: in a victory for the pro-choice side, Ohio Issue 1, a measure to establish a right to an abortion in the state constitution, passes.

Dave Wasserman @Redistrict 1h
Looking at the numbers, pretty evident KY Republicans had a turnout/enthusiasm problem today. #KYGOV

Dave Wasserman @Redistrict 1h
Big question is whether we see a similar dynamic in #MSGOV. Much tougher lift for Dems given higher racial polarization, would need combination of strong Black turnout and weak GOP turnout.

GOP is going down again.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

In the largest county in MS, poll hours have been extended to 8:00 due to large turnout, resulting in long lines and multiple precincts running out of ballots. Some as early as 9:00 am.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Democratic Gov. Andy Beshear wins re-election in Kentucky

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/electi ... rcna122072
Democratic Gov. Andy Beshear of Kentucky has won re-election, defying the usual political leanings of the red state, NBC News projects.

Beshear defeated GOP state Attorney General Daniel Cameron in an expensive and hard-fought race.

Beshear’s re-election in a state President Joe Biden lost by 26 percentage points in 2020 was due in part to the unique brand he has built in Kentucky, separate from the national party. But the victory is still a welcome sign for Democrats ahead of next year’s presidential race, with recent governor’s elections in Kentucky having previewed presidential victories to come.

In his bid for a second term, Beshear leveraged the popularity he built over the last four years, touting the state’s economic progress and his response to natural disasters, including devastating floods.

Return to “U.S. Senate”