INDICTED (INDICATED) #3 USA v Donald Trump - Judge Tanya Chutkan - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

INDICATED #3! USA v. Donald Trump, Defendant - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Post by Reality Check »

Obama to Trump.jpg
Obama to Trump.jpg (67.43 KiB) Viewed 1376 times
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

INDICATED #3! USA v. Donald Trump, Defendant - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Post by Greatgrey »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:46 pm
I watched Lauro on a couple of the Sunday shows.

This guy just needs to tattoo “Sanction Me” on his forehead.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

"Technical violation of the constitution" the more he talks the worse its going to be for Trump
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Fake hillbilly is on Twitter whining about the indictment and the “regime.” $&@!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Video at the link, first with Dana Bash interview with tfg's attorney, then a reaction from John Dean.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

bill_g wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:20 pm Well Don, you had your chance to clean up DC when you were there. You had four years. What did you do about it?
I think he installed gold plated toilets, didn't he?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

You don't need to lock him up. You just need to lock him odd, from social media. Being offline would be way worse than locked up for him.

He can complain about campaign interference but the ball is in his court. You want your SM for campaigning, then shut up about the case. They could easily set it up for his 'campaign' stuff be run through campaign staff who need to ensure it does not violate the rules. Most campaigns would have a staff member editing anyway (but not his since he is the smartest person anywhere or somethin).
101010 :towel:
bob

Post by bob »

Defendant's response contains this whiny footnote:
In accordance with the Court’s August 5, 2023, minute orders, counsel worked under extraordinary time pressure to prepare this brief and our Proposed Redline over the weekend, while at the same time attempting to confer with the government. We provided the government draft revisions at 1:56 PM on Sunday, following a conferral. On a subsequent 5:30 PM call, the government declined to advise which of our proposed edits, if any, the government would accept. The government further indicated it would attempt to provide us its position Monday morning, given our 5:00 PM filing deadline. The government ultimately responded at 11:51 AM on Monday, giving us just hours to review its comments and brief our position, with no time to seek further compromise.

These chaotic events underscore why LCrR 47(b) allows 14 days to respond to motions, and why Courts generally disfavor the filing of Motions before the parties have solidified the parameters of their dispute through good faith conferral. Without doubt, the Court’s decision to vary from the default Local Rules and allow President Trump less than one business day to respond to this important Motion is a concerning development, inconsistent with his due process rights.

President Trump respectfully requests the Court allow the parties 14 days to respond to all written motions, as LCrR 47(b) provides and fundamental fairness requires.

Additionally, our truncated briefing deadline and the government’s lack of response has prejudiced our ability to fully brief our proposed revisions. Therefore, President Trump respectfully renews his request for a hearing at the earliest convenient date, which will allow the Court to better understand and decide significant legal and factual questions presented by the Motion.
How dare I be responsible for the chaos I created!
Image ImageImage
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I do like the first few pages where they were triggered by President Biden's Dark Brandon mug ad.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

“We wuz too busy being on tee vee to do more than this, and the dog ate it.. waggh “
much ado

Post by much ado »

In this tweet, all Biden says is "I like my coffee dark".

How is that a reference to the Trump indictment?
A cup of Joe never tasted better.

Grab yours: http://joe.link/DarkRoast
somerset

Post by somerset »

A simple solution: Remand the defendant, then give defense counsel all the time they want to draft, meet, confer, revise, etc.
bob

Post by bob »

The government's reply, instead of going on the teevee to whine about the accelerated schedule, files a reply within hours.

Nb.: This motion is about preventing the unwarranted dissemination of information learned via discovery. It doesn't address all the veiled threats, other than to infer that the threat being implied is the spreading of the information.
Image ImageImage
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

opinion piece / analysis
Prosecutors may not need to show that Trump knew he had lost the election
The obstruction of an official proceeding count is notable among his recent charges as it may not turn on whether Trump believed his own claims

Hugo Lowell
Mon 7 Aug 2023 11.00 BST

Included in the indictment last week against Donald Trump for his efforts to subvert the 2020 presidential election was a count of obstructing an official proceeding – the attempt to stop the vote certification in Congress on the day his supporters mounted the January 6 Capitol attack.

The count is notable, because – based on a review of previous judicial rulings in other cases where the charge has been brought – it may be one where prosecutors will not need to prove Trump knew he lost the election, as the former president’s legal team has repeatedly claimed.

The obstruction of an official proceeding statute has four parts, but in Trump’s case what is at issue is the final element: whether the defendant acted corruptly.

The definition of “corruptly” is currently under review by the US court of appeals for the DC circuit in the case titled United States v Robertson. Yet previous rulings by district court judges and a different three-judge panel in the DC circuit in an earlier case suggest how it will apply to Trump.

In short: even with the most conservative interpretation, prosecutors at trial may not need to show that Trump knew his lies about 2020 election fraud to be false, or that the ex-president knew he had lost to Joe Biden.

“There’s no need to prove that Trump knew he lost the election to establish corrupt intent,” said Norman Eisen, special counsel to the House judiciary committee in the first Trump impeachment.

“The benefit under the statute is the presidency itself – and Trump clearly knew that without his unlawful actions, Congress was going to certify Biden as the winner of the election. That’s all the corrupt intent you need,” Eisen said.

According to the 45-page indictment, prosecutors in the office of special counsel Jack Smith have evidence that Trump knew of the significance of impeding the vote certification when he pressured his vice-president, Mike Pence, to interfere, saying he otherwise could not remain president.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ion-charge
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

They probably had most of it ready to go. trump is a one-trick pony, after all (apologies to ponies).
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
bob

Post by bob »

The judge would like a hearing (but the defendant, personally, is excused):

"For completeness":
Image ImageImage
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Judge Chutkan is not f--king around. The Tweet is incorrect. The parties have to meet and confer by 3 PK tomorrow and set a time for a hearing to be held on or before August 11

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Brandi Buchman
@Brandi_Buchman@mstdn.social
I should be even more clear: this means that Chutkan wants both sides to figure out when they can argue their points on the protective order.

The timelines thrown out here mean it will happen before the end of this week. Ideally.

Thanks for your patience.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
boogiebach

Post by boogiebach »

i might be missing something as i don't subscribe to Truth Social but this morning i could see truths from Trump about the judge, Jack Smith and Pence. tonight all the posts from the weekend are gone.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

boogiebach wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:51 pm i might be missing something as i don't subscribe to Truth Social but this morning i could see truths from Trump about the judge, Jack Smith and Pence. tonight all the posts from the weekend are gone.
I believe the proper term is unTruthed. :lol:

The Pence ones are back there too, everything gets buried because of hire mich he bloviates.
IMG_5512.png
IMG_5512.png (197.55 KiB) Viewed 806 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

You can smell his fear from this side of the world!

(He also needs his depends changed)
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

In case it helps, I drew up an additional indictment against the captain for crimes against the English language. I’m no lawyer, but it seems rock solid to me. Feel free to charge him in The Hague.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

The Government's pithy Reply https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 15.0_2.pdf is one long smackdown. As Bob said, it includes quotes from the Defendant's attorney on TV, but also clearly shows that pretrial publicity, which is T****'s stated goal, is absolutely not regular order. It can tarnish the jury pool, provide bad information to the public and witnesses, and interfere with a fair trial. It's like Defense counsel isn't familiar with basic rules and what discovery is and isn't. Looks like he will get a lesson before Friday. This case is moving along well, Loose Cannon should take notes (when she isn't making errors).

Mark Levin is VERY ANGRY and SCREAMING on his angertainment show. It's a lot of fun. He's furious of the protective order at all. And pissed off people aren't loving Loose Cannon as they should. Mark is quoting raving lunatic Julie Kelly's "coverage" and endorsing her. She's going to be on the 2nd hour (incredible people listen to his 3 hour show 5 days a week). My Grandpa used to rail and holler like this. I find him really easy to fall asleep too late at night. I know, it's strange. :lol:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
boogiebach

Post by boogiebach »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:59 pm
boogiebach wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:51 pm i might be missing something as i don't subscribe to Truth Social but this morning i could see truths from Trump about the judge, Jack Smith and Pence. tonight all the posts from the weekend are gone.
I believe the proper term is unTruthed. :lol:

The Pence ones are back there too, everything gets buried because of hire mich he bloviates.
Truth Social is so weird. I still have a gap this morning between a truth about Biden that includes a video and a really short truth yesterday that says only "election interference"

I blame the top notch staff at Truth Social (or my web browser).
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
orlylicious wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:54 am Mark Levin is VERY ANGRY and SCREAMING on his angertainment show. It's a lot of fun.

:snippity: My Grandpa used to rail and holler like this. I find him really easy to fall asleep to late at night. I know, it's strange. :lol:
I suppose we're gonna have to stage an intervention. :nope:

Nah. Orlylicious is so entertaining!
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”