INDICTED (INDICATED) #3 USA v Donald Trump - Judge Tanya Chutkan - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

INDICATED #3! USA v. Donald Trump, Defendant - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Post by Kriselda Gray »

SuzieC wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:18 pm Andrew Weissman on MSNBC said in 30 plus years of criminal law practice these are things he has never heard in an arraignment:

1-that the judge tells the defendant that the most important of his conditions of release is that he does not commit any crimes. Usually, the judge says the most important condition is that the defendant show up for every court hearing.

2-that the very next words out of the Magistrate's mouth were that attempting to influence the jury was a crime.
Does this in any way affect his ability to constantly poison the jury pool?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

INDICATED #3! USA v. Donald Trump, Defendant - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Thanks for the snow plow info!
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

If only the republicans had stuff like Bidens Lawyer saying he was guilty on national TV.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/msn ... 01723.html
An MSNBC panel was shocked by a pair of television interviews Thursday where Donald Trump lawyer John Lauro seemed to confirm an allegation contained within the Jan. 6-related indictment of the former president.

Lauro had told Fox News host Laura Ingraham earlier in the evening that, leading up to Jan. 6, Trump voiced his approval for Pence to send the election back to the states rather than have the Electoral College vote be certified.

“What President Trump said is, ‘Let’s go with option D,'” Lauro said on The Ingraham Angle. “Let’s just halt, let’s just pause the voting and allow the state legislatures to take one last look and make a determination as to whether or not the elections were handled fairly. That’s constitutional law. That’s not an issue of criminal activity.”

Lauro said basically the same thing on Newsmax a bit later.

MSNBC anchor Lawrence O’Donnell was surprised at the revelation.

“That is a Trump criminal defense lawyer quoting Donald Trump committing a crime,” he said. “Donald Trump’s criminal defense lawyer tonight added information to Jack Smith’s 42-page description of Donald Trump’s crimes. The conversation that John Lauro just described appears on page 34 of the indictment against his client.”
Hic sunt dracones
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Yes my client committed the crime, so what?
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Dave from down under wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:34 am Yes my client committed the crime, so what?
But Dave, you don't appreciate the brilliance of Trump and his excellent team of superb lawyers! They are playing five-dimensional chess, a subtle strategy which the prosecutors won't have foreseen! We must wait to see how this flanking move, this misdirection plays out.

I mean, what is the alternative? That the attorney is a fuckwitted moron, perhaps the only idiot who would agree to represent Trump, knowing that he is unlikely to be paid and his reputation will be a navel fluff afterwards?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

He hired Fukwit, Blunder, and Balderdash to represent him.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Dewey, Cheatum and Howe know a conman when they see one.
ImageImageImage x4
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Don't forget Disbarred, Rebuked, and Pedophile LLC.

They were a bit more savvy than Oldescrote, Shitestain, and Corpsebreath who all got their JD from a Cracker Jack box.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dave from down under wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:34 am Yes my client committed the crime, so what?
Ye 'now - he can shoot someone on Fifth Street and no one will care :blackeye:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Suranis wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:53 am
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/msn ... 01723.html
MSNBC anchor Lawrence O’Donnell was surprised at the revelation.

“That is a Trump criminal defense lawyer quoting Donald Trump committing a crime,” he said. “Donald Trump’s criminal defense lawyer tonight added information to Jack Smith’s 42-page description of Donald Trump’s crimes. The conversation that John Lauro just described appears on page 34 of the indictment against his client.”
I’m sorry, but this sort of reporting is annoying. It ought to be obvious to everyone by now that Trump’s defense is going to be that he did everything he did on advice of counsel. I’m not saying that that defense will prevail. But the lawyer saying that Trump had that conversation with Pence does not, in my view, qualify as an admission by Trump’s attorney that Trump committed a crime.

I don’t watch MSNBC for the same reason I don’t watch Fox.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bob

Post by bob »

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:16 pm I’m sorry, but this sort of reporting is annoying. It ought to be obvious to everyone by now that Trump’s defense is going to be that he did everything he did on advice of counsel. I’m not saying that that defense will prevail. But the lawyer saying that Trump had that conversation with Pence does not, in my view, qualify as an admission by Trump’s attorney that Trump committed a crime.

:yeahthat:

This also isn't new; it isn't news or newsworthy. Because we already knew this happened. The lawyer just repeated a fact already generally known.

And concur that the likely defense at trial will be lack of the necessary mental state due to the advice of counsel. There may be some pre-trial tactics (some even sincere, and not just for the cheap seats) to re-re-litigate the 2020 election, but I expect the judge will shut down that delay-seeking fishing expedition.
Image ImageImage
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

https://statuskuo.substack.com/p/jack-s ... eaquSWkBSg

Jay Kuo had an excellent analysis of the advice of counsel defense. Bottom line: it's bullshit.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

“If our Founding Fathers were on the scene right now, January 6th would be a walk in the park. It would be a picnic compared to what they would do. And they wouldn’t even think about it. Like, if Thomas Jefferson came back from the dead and looked at our government now, he would turn to us, the citizens, and say, what are you people doing? You haven’t invaded Washington yet and killed all these people? What are you waiting for? What’s the problem here? What’s the holdup, folks? I’m not advocating for that. I’m just telling you what Jefferson would say. Okay?” – Daily Wire host Matt Walsh.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

What a coward..

Own your own words!

Even if they are a call to murder.
realist

Post by realist »

Matt should go first.

He might say it (though I doubt it), but putting it onto action would be a whole other thing.

He also stated: “I abhor war and view it as the greatest scourge of mankind.”
Image X 4
Image X 32
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:43 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:16 pm I’m sorry, but this sort of reporting is annoying. It ought to be obvious to everyone by now that Trump’s defense is going to be that he did everything he did on advice of counsel. I’m not saying that that defense will prevail. But the lawyer saying that Trump had that conversation with Pence does not, in my view, qualify as an admission by Trump’s attorney that Trump committed a crime.

:yeahthat:

This also isn't new; it isn't news or newsworthy. Because we already knew this happened. The lawyer just repeated a fact already generally known.

And concur that the likely defense at trial will be lack of the necessary mental state due to the advice of counsel. There may be some pre-trial tactics (some even sincere, and not just for the cheap seats) to re-re-litigate the 2020 election, but I expect the judge will shut down that delay-seeking fishing expedition.
I'm also sure that he and his lawyers will channel the spirit of Richard Nixon and claim that "if the President does it, it is not illegal".

That seems to be their other main talking point: that even if he did all the things that Jack Smith is accusing him of, those acts were not crimes.

After all, the Presidential Records Act says he can do whatever he wants to do with HIS records.
Chilidog

INDICATED! US v. Trump - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Post by Chilidog »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:17 pm Surprised to hear that Jason MIller is #6.

I had thought maybe Roger Stone.
I was hoping Ginny Thomas.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Chilidog wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:48 pm
p0rtia wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:17 pm Surprised to hear that Jason MIller is #6.

:prettyplease:
much ado

Post by much ado »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:58 pm
Chilidog wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:48 pm

:prettyplease:
A couple of days ago, NYT published this...
Messages Point to Identity of Co-Conspirator 6 in Trump Indictment

An email sent by Boris Epshteyn, an adviser to the Trump campaign, matches the description of an email that the indictment attributed to one of six unnamed co-conspirators.
NYT gift link: Messages Point to Identity of Co-Conspirator 6 in Trump Indictment
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks, I heard references on Boris yesterday, but nothing concrete :popcorn:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Lock him up!
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:15 amLock him up!
He is white and (allegedly) wealthy. Not. Gonna. Happen.

Although IMHO he deserves to have his pre-trial release revoked. 3-hots and a cot. Let him go hang out with the J6ers in the county jail. 8-)

bob

Post by bob »

A midnight statement claims it was a reference to the RNC, other Republican candidates, adverse PACs, etc.

:roll:
Image ImageImage
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”