Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

I’m on my phone, so I’ll have to link later, but black history in Florida is now expected to teach students that slavery was good because it’s taught enslaved people skills. Excuse me while I go throw up.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

What an asshole.
https://twitter.com/RonDeSantis/status/ ... 66795?s=20
Ron DeSantis @RonDeSantis wrote: Democrats like Kamala Harris have to lie about Florida's educational standards to cover for their agenda of indoctrinating students and pushing sexual topics onto children.

Florida stands in their way and we will continue to expose their agenda and their lies.

The Harris-Biden administration is obsessed with Florida...yet they ignore the chaos at the border, crime-infested cities, economic malaise, and the military recruitment crisis.

Maybe if Biden’s granddaughter moved to Florida he’d actually visit her.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

The Oathkeepers beg to differ, among others.
Becker News @NewsBecker wrote: Gov. Ron DeSantis says Jan. 6 was not an insurrection.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

DuhSantis must believe trump is going down before the convention and he’s determined to snag his supporters up.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/21/business ... index.html

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has sets his sights on Bud Light, the latest development in what has turned into an ongoing crisis for the beer brand following its brief partnership with influencer Dylan Mulvaney, who is trans, four months ago.

DeSantis, a Republican presidential candidate, suggested that Bud Light parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) “breached legal duties owed to its shareholders” as a result of its “decision to associate its Bud Light brand with radical social ideologies” in a Thursday letter to the state’s pension fund manager. Mulvaney made a couple of bubbly promotional posts on social media featuring Bud Light with the hashtag #budlightpartner to signal a sponsorship.

The governor urged Lamar Taylor, the interim director of the State Board of Administration, which manages Florida’s retirement funds for public workers, to consider legal action against AB InBev. It’s not totally clear what legal consequence the multinational corporation might face for making business decisions.

The state should “prudently manage” the money of Florida’s police officers, teachers, firefighters and first responders, DeSantis wrote in the letter to Taylor. Not “[subsidize] an ideological agenda through woke virtue signaling.”
neeneko

Ron DeSantis

Post by neeneko »

Amazing how quickly they not only embrace cancel culture, but take it to the next level by making it possible to sue people who have been canceled for being, well, canceled.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Vice President Harris blasts Florida 'extremists' over education guidelines about slavery

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-vp- ... 023-07-21/
Vice President Kamala Harris criticized Florida “extremists” on Friday for backing educational guidelines that taught “revisionist history” about slavery in the United States. Florida’s board of education approved new guidelines this week with “benchmark clarifications,” including one for middle school students that states “instruction includes how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.”

“Adults know what slavery really involved. It involved rape. It involved torture. It involved taking a baby from their mother. It involved some of the worst examples of … depriving people of humanity in our world,” she said. “How is it that anyone could suggest that, in the midst of these atrocities, that there was any benefit to being subjected to this level of dehumanization?” she said.
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Faculty flee Florida college amid DeSantis’s quest to make it a conservative institution
The school is currently dependent on visiting faculty to fill the gaps.

Amidst Gov. Ron DeSantis‘s (R) hostile takeover of the Florida education system, the New College of Florida is struggling to hold onto its faculty.

In January, DeSantis appointed the far-right anti-LGBTQ+ activist Christopher Rufo, among other conservatives, to the New College’s board of trustees in an effort to make the school more conservative. The college had a reputation for being progressive and queer-friendly, but Rufo said the board would conduct a “top-down restructuring” of the school that will involve designing “a new core curriculum from scratch.”

But now, Provost Bradley Thiessen says 36 faculty have left in the past year alone. In a school with fewer than 100 full-time faculty members, that’s a lot. The Tampa Bay Times reported that it often takes over a year for universities to fill full-time positions, and without any advanced notice from the majority of the departed faculty, the school is now struggling to provide all of the courses that students need.

Currently, the school is relying on visiting faculty, but it’s still not enough. Former New College professor Liz Leininger said that although she felt guilty leaving her students, she ultimately decided to leave after the former school president Patricia Okker was fired upon the new board’s first meeting. Leininger left a vacancy in the neuroscience department, also leaving students like third-year Alaska Miller in the lurch.

“Either I don’t graduate on time or I’d have to abandon my major,” Miller said, referencing the fact that there is only one faculty member left in the school’s neuroscience department and no courses offered this fall.
:snippity:
https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2023/07/fac ... stitution/
neonzx

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Ron DeSantis downplays J6 ‘protest’

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/62 ... 6-protest/
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday downplayed the deadly Jan. 6, 2021, attack at the U.S. Capitol, saying it was not an insurrection but rather a “protest” that “ended up devolving, you know, in a way that was unfortunate, of course.”

DeSantis, speaking in an interview on the podcast of comedian Russell Brand, said the idea that Jan. 6 “was a plan to somehow overthrow the government of the United States is not true, and it’s something that the media had spun up.”

The violent attack by a mob of supporters loyal to then-President Donald Trump was fueled by lies that the 2020 election was stolen. Rioters stormed the building in an attempt to stop Congress from certifying Joe Biden’s election victory, breaking windows, fighting police officers and forcing lawmakers and former Vice President Mike Pence to flee for their lives. Nine deaths were linked to the attack, including four officers who later died by suicide.

“If somebody is honestly doing an insurrection against the U.S. government, then prove that that’s the case and I’ll be happy to accept it, but all you’re showing me is that there were a lot of protesters there and it ended up devolving, you know, in a way that were unfortunate, of course. But to say that they were seditionists is just wrong,” said DeSantis. :snippity:
Yes, because you know, when I am peacefully protesting, I bring a gallows with me to erect onsite, plus make sure I have body armor, zip-tie cuffs, metal pipes, bear spray, etc. All of those things magically appeared during the devolution.
pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

If I were a peaceful protester, i'd skedaddle the minute I saw any of those things appearing. (Which it sounds like some people did — turned around and left).
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

Many absolutely did. We were watching PBS and lots of people were running away from the Capitol passing the reporter. I wish she had gotten some of those people to speak to her.

ImageImageImage x4
Dave from down under

Ron DeSantis

Post by Dave from down under »

The Beer Hall Putsch was just a drinking game..
sugar magnolia

Ron DeSantis

Post by sugar magnolia »

Doesn't this make you want to vote for Desantis?

raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

wtf even is that
Dave from down under

Ron DeSantis

Fascism on the rise
Dave from down under

Ron DeSantis

and I doubt that Kate Bush would be happy to be associated with it via her music.

and really misses the point of her song...
► Show Spoiler
Suranis

Ron DeSantis

Post by Suranis »

Well, while I dismissed someone for seeing an attempt at formong a Swastica with X, in this it's rather more blatent with that symbol at the end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_(symbol)
The Black Sun (German: Schwarze Sonne) is a type of sun wheel (German: Sonnenrad)[1][2] symbol originating in Nazi Germany and later employed by neo-Nazis and other far-right individuals and groups. The symbol's design consists of twelve radial sig runes, similar to the symbols employed by the SS in their logo. It first appeared in Nazi Germany as a design element in a castle at Wewelsburg remodeled and expanded by the head of the SS, Heinrich Himmler, which he intended to be a center for the SS.

It is unknown whether the design had a name or held any particular significance among the SS. Its association with the occult originates with a 1991 German novel, Die Schwarze Sonne von Tashi Lhunpo ("The Black Sun of Tashi Lhunpo"), by the pseudonymous author Russell McCloud. The book links the Wewelsburg mosaic with the neo-Nazi concept of the "Black Sun", invented by former SS officer Wilhelm Landig as a substitute for the Nazi swastika.[3][4]

The Anti-Defamation League notes that though the symbol is popular with white supremacists, imagery resembling the black sun features in many cultures, and that such imagery should always be analyzed in the context in which it appears, as it may not necessarily be intended to serve as a symbol of white supremacy or racism.[5]

Wewelsburg mosaic and the Nazi period

The symbol that later became known as the "black sun" originated in the early 20th century, with the first depiction being the Wewelsburg mosaic. In 1933, Heinrich Himmler, the head of the SS, acquired Wewelsburg, a castle near Paderborn in the German region of Westphalia. Himmler intended to make the building into a center for the SS, and between 1936 and 1942, Himmler ordered the building expanded and rebuilt for ceremonial purposes.[6] Himmler's remodeling included the Wewelsburg mosaic that was composed of twelve dark-green radially overlaid sig runes, such as those employed in the logo of the SS, on the white marble floor of the structure's north tower known as the "General's Hall" (Obergruppenführersaal).[note 1] The intended significance of the image remains unknown.

Some scholars have suggested that the artist may have found inspiration from motifs found on decorative Merovingian period discs (Zierscheiben) from Central Europe, which have been suggested to represent the sun, or its passing through the year.[3][7][note 2]
► Show Spoiler
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

The Steep Cost of Ron DeSantis’s Vaccine Turnabout
Once a vaccine advocate, the Florida governor lost his enthusiasm for the shot before the Delta wave sent Covid hospitalizations and deaths soaring. It’s a grim chapter he now leaves out of his rosy retelling of his pandemic response.

On a Saturday in September 2020, with Covid-19 killing more than 600 Americans daily and hundreds of thousands of deaths still to come, Dr. Deborah L. Birx, a member of the White House coronavirus task force, heard her cellphone ring. It was Dr. Scott Rivkees, the Florida surgeon general. He was distraught.

“‘You won’t believe what happened,’” she said he told her. Months before Covid vaccines would become available, Gov. Ron DeSantis had decided that the worst was over for Florida, he said. Mr. DeSantis had begun listening to doctors who believed the virus’s threat was overstated, and he no longer supported preventive measures like limiting indoor dining.

Mr. DeSantis was going his own way on Covid.

Nearly three years later, the governor now presents his Covid strategy not only as his biggest accomplishment, but as the foundation for his presidential campaign. Mr. DeSantis argues that “Florida got it right” because he was willing to stand up for the rights of individuals despite pressure from health “bureaucrats.” On the campaign trail, he says liberal bastions like New York and California needlessly traded away freedoms while Florida preserved jobs, in-person schooling and quality of life.

But a close review by The New York Times of Florida’s pandemic response, including a new analysis of the data on deaths, hospitalizations and vaccination rates in the state, suggests that Mr. DeSantis’s account of his record leaves much out.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/22/us/p ... covid.html
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:53 pm Doesn't this make you want to vote for Desantis?

The symbol he uses at the end (the circle with lightning bolts that's spinning around the seal of Florida on the flag) is based on the "black sun" symbol CREATED buy the Nazis. It wasn't just appropriated by them, it was one they designed themselves.

To continue on from Mousie's post, here's some of what it says about Neo-Nazi use:

From Wikipedia:
In the late 20th century, the Black Sun symbol became widely used by neo-fascist, neo-Nazi,[8] the far-right and white nationalists. The symbol often appears on extremist flags, t-shirts, posters, websites and in extremist publications associated with such groups. Modern far-right groups often refer to the symbol as the sun wheel or Sonnenrad.
If that video was made in-house, then I think whoever made it either failed to do the minimum basic check to see what a symbol is before using it, which is very sloppy work on their part, or they used it knowing full well what it was, and I'd be hard pressed to believe it wasn't the 2nd of those options.

The image of soldiers marching into the Sonnenrad is creepy in the extreme. I'm glad DeSantis is - for now - tanking in the polls, but it scares the crap out of me that he's still the 2nd most popular option among republicans.
Dave from down under

Ron DeSantis

If one of his campaign created it - then they either are a nazi or they are working against Ron..

If someone else created it - then either they are a nazi or they were trolling Ron and his supporters (who are after all - nazis)...

but a troll fails - because Ron and his supporters are proud to be nazis (even if they don't say it directly because they are cowards and want power).
neonzx

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

:cantlook: :rotflmao:
cjroberts
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by cjroberts »

Damn it. Borowitz stoled the framework of my joke
Go Land Crabs!
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Good lord, PragerU? Really? Between this and everything else, education is really going down the toilet in Florida.
Conservative Group PragerU Says Florida Is First State to Approve Its "Curriculum"

PragerU, a conservative nonprofit often criticized for downplaying systemic racism and promoting anti-immigrant theories, announced today that Florida is "the first state to officially approve PragerU as an educational vendor."

A press release from group states, "This fall in schools across America, students will be watching PragerU videos in their classrooms as states officially make PragerU an approved educational resource."

Despite its name, PragerU is not an accredited academic institution, nor does it issue degrees.

The group claims it is partnering with as many states as possible to provide conservative lesson plans — touted as "PragerU Kids" — in response to requests from teachers who "are sick and tired of curriculum laced with radical political agendas."

According to the press release, "In the past, teachers have been disciplined — even fired — for showing PragerU videos in their classrooms. Now, PragerU videos are not only being allowed in classrooms but superintendents and education commissioners are actively encouraging teachers to use PragerU’s content to educate their students.... PragerU supplemental curriculum offers an easy, cutting-edge way to teach core knowledge in subjects ranging from civics and history to entrepreneurship and financial literacy."
https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/prag ... m-17481537
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

JHC. :brickwallsmall:

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”