These people suck. They are bad people.
pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

DeSantis is prepping for when his election is "stolen."
Dave from down under

Ron DeSantis

Post by Dave from down under »

$107M buys you a lot of Wagner (for a while).
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

WTFUSA😒 @dudeonthebay wrote: US inflation rate is 3%

Florida inflation rate stands strong at 9%, insurance companies are leaving in droves, delivery trucks refuse to drive to Florida bc of harsh new anti immigration laws. Floriduh voters will blame Biden.

Stop voting for Republicans you fucking morons.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

After hurricane Irma, Biden sent millions in federal funds to DeSantis to distribute as he saw fit. I can’t tell you how many idiots down here were on their knees, praising DeSantis for helping them out, and I bet not one of them realized that money came from Biden. So, yeah. They will all blame Biden for us having three times the inflation rate as the rest of the country because…Florida Man.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
shannon
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by shannon »

Also: Veterans quit DeSantis’ Florida State Guard over militialike training

What gets me about the new revised Sturmabteilung Florida State Guard is that they think they can send their people into other states to "defend Florida's interests".
"And they wanted to boost the State Guard to 1,500 members. Instead of being activated only during emergencies within Florida, they could be sent to any state to “protect and defend the people of Florida from threats to public safety.”
While I suspect that Texas wouldn't have a problem, (and I fully expect Abbott to follow Florida's lead and do the same to the Texas State Guard), I somehow doubt it would fly very well if he were to send his brownshirts to, oh, Washington State or California to "defend the people of Florida".

Oh, and I use the term "brownshirts" literally.

Then there's this guy:
“I don’t even think the governor knows what’s going on. I don’t think this is a fly on his radar right now,” Newhouse said, noting that DeSantis himself is a veteran.

”I think he would be appalled that a veteran — a disabled veteran — would be abused by other military members.”
Dude, if you think for a second that desantis gives a shit about you, disabled veteran or not, you're sadly delusional. As far as he's concerned, you're at best a useless feeder, at most a disloyal threat. And, honestly, I think he gets off on being as cruel and nasty as possible.
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
shannon
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by shannon »

Dave from down under wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:51 pm Will they get their new uniforms soon?

The only question..
Brown or Black shirts?
Brown.

Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
sugar magnolia

Ron DeSantis

Post by sugar magnolia »

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that they are the same color as FL state trooper uniforms.
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

When the Hibachi Chef readies a meatball...

Bonus mouthies:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:24 pm Mebbe DeSantis is going to take his private army and invade California!
Don't laugh. A new law was written and passed last session that specifically allowed for the Sate Guard to be deployed outside the state. Because that's the point of the State Guard of Florida, to deploy in emergencies where the civil forces and the National Guard are overwhelmed, in other states...

Another part of the new law includes "Illegal Immigration" as one of the things it can be called to fight, so it's not inconceivable that Ron is gonna send his private Army to Texas soon. Depending on the polls and how far he is behind Trump, he could send the whole force to the emergency in Texas just in time for hurricane season in Florida. That'll be nice as it will get them out of town for the trouble and keep any of their equipment from getting damaged in the storms.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP wrote: Q: "If Jack Smith has evidence of criminality, should Donald Trump be held accountable?"

Ron DeSantis: "This country is going down the road of criminalizing political differences...I hope he doesn't get charged. I don't think it will be good for the country."[/qquote]
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Radioactive roads? Sounds like a great plan! :thumbsup:
Florida Looks to Pave its Roads With Toxic Waste
A new bill signed by DeSantis last month comes after significant financial support from the nation’s biggest phosphate producer for Florida Republicans.

“Can we help our economy and our environment at the same time?” a press release from the Phosphate Innovation Initiative recently asked. “Yes! Florida lawmakers recently proved it by joining noted scientists in supporting [phosphogypsum] reuse, an important step toward creating a more circular and sustainable economy, where byproducts are recycled to create new products.”

Incredibly, the cheery, eco-friendly language of this press release is talking not about a benign industry by-product but a radioactive waste material that’s been banned by the Environmental Protection Agency for use in construction. Now Florida lawmakers want to try out using it to make roads—despite a recent accident that released toxic liquid into waterways.
:snippity:
https://newrepublic.com/article/174174/ ... oxic-waste
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Perfect! You know, in many places in Florida, residents already call tap water "cancer water" and opt for bottled. This should help.
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

DeSantis sat down with CNN's Jack Tapper earlier today. I didn't watch his The Lead Show since I love Deadline WH, but seeing some clips on other CNN shows. Can't judge from what I've seen, but is the first MSM reporter he's sat down with for harder than softball questions?
Suranis

Ron DeSantis

Post by Suranis »

Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Ron DeSantis

Post by Ben-Prime »

I imagine one being asked:

"Do you know the Muffin Incident?"
"The Muffin Incident?"
"The Muffin Incident! Do you know the Muffin Incident?"
"Did it happen on Drury Lane?"
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

:lol: :mrgreen:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Ron DeSantis

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

The “Muffin Incident” should be an entry in the Fogbow Lexicon and Snarksauras!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Ron DeSantis

Post by poplove »

Can't help but remember Betty White and her Dusty Muffin!

Full SNL sketch:

raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Florida approves Black history standards decried as ‘step backward’

The Florida State Board of Education approved new rules Wednesday for how Black history will be taught in public schools that critics are decrying as a “step backward.”

The updated standards include noting that enslaved people developed skills that “could be applied for their personal benefit,” and that in teaching about mob violence against Black residents instructors should also note “acts of violence perpetrated against and by African Americans.”

“These standards are a disservice to Florida’s students and are a big step backward for a state that has required teaching African American history since 1994,” the Florida Education Association, the state’s largest teachers union, said in a statement.

The standards are the latest development in an ongoing debate in Florida over how Black history should be taught in school. Earlier this year, the education board rejected a new Advanced Placement high school course on African American studies, arguing it lacked “educational value.” Under Republican presidential candidate and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s leadership, the state legislature also passed a law that forbids teachers from offering instruction that makes other students “feel guilt” because of actions committed by others in the past.
:snippity:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... standards/

AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

Appalling! :mad:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Ron DeSantis

Post by Ben-Prime »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:02 am The “Muffin Incident” should be an entry in the Fogbow Lexicon and Snarksauras!
"It's all muffins and pudding" - We know the candidate is awful, terrible, just plain no good, but the evidence is just so plain overwhelming that we have to :shrug: and make vague gestures at everything when you ask for specifics.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Patagoniagirl

Ron DeSantis

Post by Patagoniagirl »

CNN

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is urging the state’s pension fund manager to consider legal action against Bud Light’s parent company amid conservative backlash to the beermaker’s recent marketing efforts, the latest attempt by the Republican presidential candidate to inject himself and the state he runs into the country’s culture wars.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

I hope he goes down hard, really hard.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: and it's really me

Ron DeSantis

Post by Foggy »

Budweiser - the queen of beers

The queer of beans? :?

Yeah, that's a lawsuit by the state's pension fund manager. DeSantis should pass a law saying the manager has to sue Bud Light, or he's FIRED.
No point in worrying about shit you can't control, save that energy for the stuff you can. - Evan Currie
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

Cries of cronyism as DeSantis bids to place rightwing ally at top university
Florida Atlantic’s search for new president halted by state officials after ‘war on woke’ Republican Randy Fine omitted from shortlist

Richard Luscombe in Miami
Fri 21 Jul 2023 11.00 BST

Barely three months have passed since Florida Atlantic University gained national prominence during an unlikely run to the final four of the March Madness men’s college basketball championship.

They were heady times for Florida’s fifth largest public university, a 30,000-student campus in Boca Raton that prides itself on a claim to be the most diverse seat of higher education in the state.

But now dark clouds of extremism are shadowing the university, with its search for a new president halted by state officials alleging “anomalies” with the process. The presumed intention is installing a rightwing lackey of Florida’s governor, Ron DeSantis.

Faculty members and others are calling foul over the intervention of the state immediately after FAU’s trustees listed three finalists, none of them Randy Fine, the Republican state congressman behind much of DeSantis’s “slate of hate” legislation targeting the LGBTQ+ community and other minorities.

Despite his lack of higher education experience, Fine declared himself “flattered” to be hand-picked by DeSantis to fill the role, and his surprise omission led critics to conclude the suspension of the search was a retaliatory ruse to engineer a do-over in which the self-declared “conservative firebrand” will find himself hired.

“In general, we have a state where cronyism, and pay to play, is strongly at work,” said William Trapani, a professor at FAU’s Dorothy F Schmidt college of arts and letters.

“And knowing as we did that Randy Fine is the governor’s preferred candidate, a lot of us feel that a second round of voting, a second search process, would result in a new selection. The political pressure to pick Randy Fine, at least for a campus visit and potentially the selected candidate, will be so intense that committee members will be forced into acquiescence.”

Precedent for such a move is already set. DeSantis’s “war on woke” has specifically targeted Florida’s higher education system, with the Republican presidential hopeful insisting he needed to tackle a perceived wave of liberal indoctrination seeping into campuses and classrooms.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... randy-fine

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”