Greg Abbott - Gregory Wayne Abbott, former TX AG, now 48th Governor of Texas

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

A proud human trafficker? Lock him up!
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/statu ... 07879?s=20
Greg Abbott @GregAbbott_TX wrote: Texas has bused over 23,500 migrants to sanctuary cities to relieve overrun border towns:

Over 10,100 to DC
Over 8,500 to NYC
Over 3,000 to Chicago
Over 1,700 to Philadelphia
Over 200 to Denver
Over 40 to LA

Texas is taking historic action in response to Biden's border crisis.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Supposedly debuting after the Fourth of July.
Moar: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... ed-reviews
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Take a deep breath for a few seconds while you swim under the drums. and at the links the depth seems nearly zero. The human trafickers will soon devise a method and sell cordlines to pull the dinghy or flotation device over the drums (easy, they will turn and assist). I guess once could begin and partially push a flotation device under the drum, then get hold of the drum to turn it and it will pull the thing over to the US side. The drumms have a convenient connector to attach the cord to. :cantlook: :doh:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

What kind of tools could you put on a boat to cut it apart?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Shoot the bouys from the shore..
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:24 pm Shoot the bouys from the shore..
That would be an attack on the USA and call to arms for Meal Team 6.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:24 pm Shoot the bouys from the shore..
That will likely happen and the bouys will pick up water, just enough to climb over safely. Or folks will go with hammer and chisel, or a rock climbing axe. While not be designed to be used under water, i bet these battery powered saws can assist without shorting out, and then be discarded to pollute the river.
bob

Post by bob »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:12 am
That will likely happen and the bouys will pick up water, just enough to climb over safely. Or folks will go with hammer and chisel, or a rock climbing axe. While not be designed to be used under water, i bet these battery powered saws can assist without shorting out, and then be discarded to pollute the river.
Like how land-based walls can be defeated with relatively inexpensive ladders and ropes, this expensive water-based barrier also could be defeated with relatively inexpensive tools.
Image ImageImage
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

It'll be interesting to see if someone disconnects one buoy from the next. Unless the barrier is secured to the riverbed, the barrier ends will drift to shore. That would be fun to see. All along the barrier.
Dave from down under

It must be anchored to the riverbead along it's length - otherwise it will end up on one or more banks.

I'm looking forward to the official opening with cameras etc..
and some scuba divers with hacksaws.. :whistle:
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:31 pm It must be anchored to the riverbead along it's length - otherwise it will end up on one or more banks.

For about $1,500, you could put together an underwater cutting torch rig using acetylene and oxygen. I bet a diver could go through a whole bunch of cables holding this thing together in just a few minutes. And if you did it from the Mexican side, the odds that the Federales would prosecute are fairly small. That's an affordable investment for some enterprising coyotes in the smuggling business to keep their business open. And if a bunch of coyotes started cutting up the floats, the Texas government wouldn't be able to keep up with repairs fast enough.

It'll hold up longer than the stacked shipping container wall in Arizona, but not by much.

Of course, we'll soon find out that the float system is either manufactured or installed by some big donor to Abbott's campaign and that it was signed without a competitive bid process because it's "emergency management equipment" or some such nonsense. And when the Army Corps of Engineers, who has jurisdiction on hydrology of inland waterways sues, Abbott will lose, but he will have prepaid for tons of product from his crony, which the government won't be able to recoup. The corruption is, as always, the point.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

bob wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:39 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:12 am
Like how land-based walls can be defeated with relatively inexpensive ladders and ropes, this expensive water-based barrier also could be defeated with relatively inexpensive tools.
Walls will work when they build one higher than yo can build a ladder. The Mexican smugglers make a standard design (now) among smugglers ladder out of rebar that fits just perfect on the Trump era ballard walls. I think they cost less than $5 to make, they don't even bother to collect them when they're done, they are very hard to see when in place and there should be some kind of "Oh yeah, wait a tic" award for them.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:42 pm
Dave from down under wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:31 pm It must be anchored to the riverbead along it's length - otherwise it will end up on one or more banks.

For about $1,500, you could put together an underwater cutting torch rig using acetylene and oxygen. I bet a diver could go through a whole bunch of cables holding this thing together in just a few minutes. And if you did it from the Mexican side, the odds that the Federales would prosecute are fairly small. That's an affordable investment for some enterprising coyotes in the smuggling business to keep their business open. And if a bunch of coyotes started cutting up the floats, the Texas government wouldn't be able to keep up with repairs fast enough.

It'll hold up longer than the stacked shipping container wall in Arizona, but not by much.

Of course, we'll soon find out that the float system is either manufactured or installed by some big donor to Abbott's campaign and that it was signed without a competitive bid process because it's "emergency management equipment" or some such nonsense. And when the Army Corps of Engineers, who has jurisdiction on hydrology of inland waterways sues, Abbott will lose, but he will have prepaid for tons of product from his crony, which the government won't be able to recoup. The corruption is, as always, the point.

Go willie Coyote on them, get a large hook, a cable and an F-150. Hook the floatie thing to a cable, hook the cable to the bumper, and pull the who dang thing ashore. Cut it up to sell the parts for scrap, to maximize profits.

Follow me for more Border Crime hacks. :rotflmao:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:32 pm

Go willie Coyote on them, get a large hook, a cable and an F-150. Hook the floatie thing to a cable, hook the cable to the bumper, and pull the who dang thing ashore. Cut it up to sell the parts for scrap, to maximize profits.

And when it floats to the Mexican side, forcibly or by its own, to the Mexican side, the Border Force can no longer intervene without creating an international incident :lol:
Wintermute
Verified:

Post by Wintermute »

Have seen a new MAGA sign in my conservative neighborhood, Mothers Against Greg Abbott.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hhhhoooorrrraaaayyyy!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Wintermute wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:53 am Have seen a new MAGA sign in my conservative neighborhood, Mothers Against Greg Abbott.
:clap: :clap: :popcorn: :guntootin: :guntootin: :fiesta: :fiesta:
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:40 am
Gregg wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:32 pm

And when it floats to the Mexican side, forcibly or by its own, to the Mexican side, the Border Force can no longer intervene without creating an international incident :lol:

Dave from down under

:thumbsup:
raison de arizona

Deploy the balls.
Greg Abbott @GregAbbott_TX wrote: New marine barrier installation on the Rio Grande begins today.

Texas DPS is overseeing the project in Eagle Pass.

More to come.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:40 pm Deploy the balls.
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/statu ... 77249?s=20
Greg Abbott @GregAbbott_TX wrote: New marine barrier installation on the Rio Grande begins today.

Texas DPS is overseeing the project in Eagle Pass.

More to come.
The backfiring TX depth charges :twisted:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Why is he calling it a marine barrier?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Azastan wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:44 pm Why is he calling it a marine barrier?
Should be "riverine speed bump", I think.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

All thousand feet of it. Assuming you can’t go under it, and you can’t go over it, how about a short walk and go around it?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:24 pm All thousand feet of it. Assuming you can’t go under it, and you can’t go over it, how about a short walk and go around it?
That's like maybe a city block and a half, right?

Return to “Current Politics”