Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

Shirley no one in Floriduh uses drugs or defacates on the sidewalk. :roll:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:07 pm Shirley no one in Floriduh uses drugs or defacates on the sidewalk. :roll:
Has he never heard of Florida Man?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:53 pm
DeSantis explains how “woke” can make you poor and dumb

DeSantis: Don’t tell me it doesn’t affect people’s lives. I was just in San Francisco. In 20 minutes on the ground, I saw people defecating on the sidewalk. I saw people using Fentanyl.
I know Ron doesn't really go to Florida anymore, but

Pasco County...

All I'm gonna say, Meatball, Pasco County.

And phuck you anyway, you didn't see anything but the inside of a limo and the minibar in a suite. Excuse me if I doubt you spent your time in San Francisco walking around the bad part of town looking for junkies to kick around. Not to call you a ,no wait, I'm flat out calling you a liar.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

Why not use your wife’s birthday as a fundraiser. The family been used as political props since 2018.
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

Desantis is patrolling the southern border today looking for people to round up and fly to CA.

Oh look, there’s someone drowning in the Rio Grande. This really made it worth the trip!
RVInit

Ron DeSantis

Post by RVInit »

Kendra wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:03 pm
Why not use your wife’s birthday as a fundraiser. The family been used as political props since 2018.
One of the most disgusting ads for DeSantis in his last governor's race was his wife making hay about him being the most incredible wonderful father ever when she was being treated for cancer. Apparently he "supported" her and sometimes would even feed or otherwise take care of the kids when she was just not up to the task.

I found it interesting that somehow we were supposed to think he's just the most wonderful when he was doing the minimum I would expect of any person when their spouse is ill. Some people really do go over and above in giving of themselves for their loved one in such a time. We've seen examples of that right here on Fogbow. But she was describing just simple everyday things that pretty much are just the bare minimum. But she poured it on, getting all choked up about it. It was almost insulting.

Ho hum.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Love me some Rep. Porter.
Rep. Katie Porter @RepKatiePorter wrote: Ron DeSantis: "Sunlight is the best disinfectant" for government

Also Ron DeSantis: *signs law to conceal his travel records*

Americans want transparency in government—not hypocrisy. I have a bill to disclose more information when elected officials travel on taxpayers' dime.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Owning the libs by screwing your state out of $350M.
Five million dollar DeSantis veto triggers cancellation of $346 million in federal funding
  • Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’s line-item veto of two federal block grants worth $29 million has sparked controversy and triggered the cancellation of an additional $346 million in federal funding block grants.
  • The vetoes forced Florida’s withdrawal from a program that would have provided money to Florida consumers for rebates on energy efficient household appliances.
  • DeSantis’s decision is seen as a political move to refuse federal money from the Biden Administration, potentially boosting his presidential campaign.
  • But the move also draws criticism because the funds required no additional commitments from the Florida budget, essentially returning federal tax dollars to the state, but those dollars will now be distributed to people in other states.
Tongues are wagging among Tallahassee policy wonks and political operatives following Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s June 15th line-item veto of a pair of relatively small federal block grants, totalling a mere $29 million. That’s because the seemingly innocuous vetoes set into motion the state’s withdrawal from a program that would have delivered two follow-on federal grants scheduled to return an additional $346 million directly into the pockets of Florida citizens through a rebate program.

Politically, the move sets DeSantis up to declare that he’s refusing to accept any more federal money from the Biden Administration. The governor’s office did not respond to a request for more information about DeSantis’s reasoning for the vetoes, so it’s not clear if the governor was aware of the cascading impact of his decision. But political insiders view it as a calculated strategy meant to bolster his presidential campaign and take away a Biden Administration talking point highlighting DeSantis’s previous acceptance of federal dollars for other programs.

DeSantis’s vetoes of line items 1463A and 1463B, both federal block grants that required no expenditures from the state’s own budget, went largely unnoticed in the days immediately after the budget signing ceremony.
:snippity:
https://thecapitolist.com/five-million- ... l-funding/
sugar magnolia

Ron DeSantis

Post by sugar magnolia »

Does this mean he won't be whining on tv when the next hurricane hits?
Azastan
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Azastan »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:54 pm Does this mean he won't be whining on tv when the next hurricane hits?
Florida's got bootstraps, and they'll use them without relying on those nasty Federal dollars, thank you very much.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Phoenix520 »

Does this mean he won't be whining on tv when the next hurricane hits?
Girl, you were not born yesterday.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

Azastan wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:10 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:54 pm Does this mean he won't be whining on tv when the next hurricane hits?
Florida's got bootstraps, and they'll use them without relying on those nasty Federal dollars, thank you very much.
Yeah, but they'll be floating somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico after the next hurricane.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Ironically, the Federal dollars they just lost would have been big dollar savings for people who are now rebuilding after Hurricane Ian.
The tax credits were for stuff like appliances and thermostats and things you replace when you rebuild the house after a natural disaster. So all of those people are most definitely buying the things they could have saved big bucks on.

But nope. Meatball Ron has to show his weenie for the rubes in Iowa and New Hampshire.

Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

https://wapo.st/3r7Wnym
The administration of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) steered $92 million last year in leftover federal coronavirus stimulus money to a controversial highway interchange project that directly benefits a top political donor, according to state records.

The decision by the Florida Transportation Department to use money from the 2021 American Rescue Plan for the I-95 interchange at Pioneer Trail Road near Daytona Beach fulfilled a years-long effort by Mori Hosseini, a politically connected housing developer who owns two large tracts of largely forested land abutting the planned interchange. The funding through the DeSantis administration, approved shortly after the governor’s reelection, expedited the project by more than a decade, according to state documents.

Hosseini plans to develop the land — which includes a sensitive watershed once targeted for conservation by the state — into approximately 1,300 dwelling units and 650,000 square feet of nonresidential use, including an outdoor village shopping district. He has called the Woodhaven development, which has already begun construction, his “best project yet” and promised to pull out all the stops for its success.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-ra ... -desantis/
U.S.
Florida bill allowing radioactive roads made of potentially cancer-causing mining waste signed by DeSantis

Florida governor and presidential hopeful Ron DeSantis signed a bill Thursday that would allow for roads across Florida to be made with "radioactive" mining waste that has been linked to cancer.

The measure, brought forward by the state House, adds phosphogypsum to a list of "recyclable materials" that state officials say can be used in road construction.

The list already included ground rubber from car tires, ash residue from coal combustion byproducts, recycled mixed-plastic, glass and construction steel, which officials had previously determined are "part of the solid waste stream and that contribute to problems of declining space in landfills."
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

What, no Dioxin? Plutonium? He is really slipping since he left Florida to run for President.

Patagoniagirl

Ron DeSantis

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:45 pm What, no Dioxin? Plutonium? He is really slipping since he left Florida to run for President.
Oh, Gregg! We have to wait to see the effects on highway workers, prisoners and volunteers on the garbage collection before we add dioxin and perhaps paraquat. Step by step.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

May I add Agent Orange (no - not the knucklehead at MaL) as herbicide for the FL orange fruit yards :?: :twisted:
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

A discussion of some of DeSantis’ line item vetoes. NSFW language.
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

:o :shock: :brickwallsmall:
pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:19 am :o :shock: :brickwallsmall:
The latter is when you realize the police and firefighters he's line item vetoing voted for him.
RTH10260

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:46 am
RTH10260 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:19 am :o :shock: :brickwallsmall:
The latter is when you realize the police and firefighters he's line item vetoing voted for him.
The names of those communities must have gone missing on some donor list :twisted:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

I really don't think the police and fire departments will ever really make the connection or they will find some kind of justification for it. It's a cult.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Ron DeSantis @GovRonDeSantis wrote: As of July 1st, DEI is over in the state of Florida.
"...discrimination, exclusion, indoctrination..."
He's so clever.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Ron DeSantis

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:41 pm :snippity:

"...discrimination, exclusion, indoctrination..."
He's so clever.
I noticed that everyone behind him is lily white...

If it's all white, it's all right...

This planet...I don't want to live on it anymore...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”