Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

College Board says it won’t alter AP courses to comply with Florida’s laws

The College Board released a letter Thursday putting its foot down on further demands from Florida to change any of its Advanced Placement (AP) classes, the latest development in the ongoing feud between the company and the administration of Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).

“[College Board] will not modify our courses to accommodate restrictions on teaching essential, college-level topics,” the company told the Florida Department of Education Office of Articulation.

“Doing so would break the fundamental promise of AP: colleges wouldn’t broadly accept that course for credit and that course wouldn’t prepare students for careers in the discipline,” it added.
:snippity:
“We don’t know if the state of Florida will ban this course. To AP teachers in Florida, we are heartbroken by the possibility of Florida students being denied the opportunity to participate in this or any AP course. To AP teachers everywhere, please know we will not modify any of the 40 AP courses—from art to history to science—in response to regulations that would censor college-level standards for credit, placement, and career readiness,” the College Board said.
:snippity:
https://thehill.com/homenews/education/ ... idas-laws/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Sounds like DeSantis illegally transferred $80M from his state PAC to his presidential one. That's a no-no.
https://campaignlegal.org/sites/default ... nal%29.pdf
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

Forgive me for not posting the link, but I can't see how this doesn't piss off a bunch of Republicans. Florida is full of retired, well to do, old men that love their classic cars. You can't throw a dead cat without hitting a car show around here. There's a car museum in Sarasota, on the grounds of the liberal arts college that duhSantis is hell bent on destroying. The museum is been there for 70 years. Has about 150 cars, mostly owned by the museum but some are loaners. DuhSantis has decided that under his new management, that college needs a sports program and in order to make room for some kind of sport activity, the car museum has 30-day notice to completely vacate the premise. Does the college actually have plans to convert the museum space into some sort of auditorium? Of course they don't. But duhSantis insists they need it to accommodate the huge influx of students that will be signing up this coming fall.

Narrator: the students are actually leaving in droves. Der fuhrer errrr governor is hoping a sports program will draw new blood.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Ron DeSantis

Post by Ben-Prime »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:20 pm Forgive me for not posting the link, but I can't see how this doesn't piss off a bunch of Republicans. Florida is full of retired, well to do, old men that love their classic cars. You can't throw a dead cat without hitting a car show around here. There's a car museum in Sarasota, on the grounds of the liberal arts college that duhSantis is hell bent on destroying. The museum is been there for 70 years. Has about 150 cars, mostly owned by the museum but some are loaners. DuhSantis has decided that under his new management, that college needs a sports program and in order to make room for some kind of sport activity, the car museum has 30-day notice to completely vacate the premise. Does the college actually have plans to convert the museum space into some sort of auditorium? Of course they don't. But duhSantis insists they need it to accommodate the huge influx of students that will be signing up this coming fall.

Narrator: the students are actually leaving in droves. Der fuhrer errrr governor is hoping a sports program will draw new blood.
Sports at The New College? Crikey. One of my grad school-era sweethearts in the early 90s was an undergrad there. I visited quite a bit. I can't imagine a group *less* likely to care about sports than students at New College.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:34 am Sports at The New College? Crikey. One of my grad school-era sweethearts in the early 90s was an undergrad there. I visited quite a bit. I can't imagine a group *less* likely to care about sports than students at New College.
Hence the need to get rid of the wussy liberals and put in some real men.
bob

Ron DeSantis

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Children. Children “trolling” each other. They belong on a grade school playground, not running for president.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:46 pm Children. Children “trolling” each other. They belong on a grade school playground, not running for president.
Every day I wake up and feel like it's 50 years ago and I'm back in middle school, the worst of my school years.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Flatpoint High »

apologies if I already posted this
nrjhoky0fg6b1.png
nrjhoky0fg6b1.png (393.18 KiB) Viewed 895 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

Well, if there's anyone out there who demands the rules be rewritten for him, it's duhSantis. Ok, trump too. Honestly, if someone put a gun to my head and said I had to vote for either Trump or duhSantis, I think Id vote for Trump.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

Like that's going to happen.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Ben-Prime

Ron DeSantis

Post by Ben-Prime »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:20 pm Well, if there's anyone out there who demands the rules be rewritten for him, it's duhSantis. Ok, trump too. Honestly, if someone put a gun to my head and said I had to vote for either Trump or duhSantis, I think Id vote for Trump.
See, if someone put a gun to my head and said I had to vote for either of those choices, I'd lie and say "Sorry, but I'm a Canadian, eh?"

Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Let's pass the rule with an amendment that anyone getting their ass kicked by Mickey Mouse can't get the nomination either.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Volkonski
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Volkonski »

Ron Filipkowski
@ronfilipkowski@bird.makeup
That’s it? Desantis went to NV to pour beers for a dozen Trump voters at the VFW, attend a rodeo where people ignored him, and these people waiting for fried lamb’s testicles? FL may be “where woke goes to die,” but NV looks like the place where the Desantis campaign goes to die.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:18 pm Ron Filipkowski
That’s it? Desantis went to NV to pour beers for a dozen Trump voters at the VFW, attend a rodeo where people ignored him, and these people waiting for fried lamb’s testicles? FL may be “where woke goes to die,” but NV looks like the place where the Desantis campaign goes to die.
But you gotta admit that if DeSantis fits in anywhere, the Testicle Festival has Meatball Ron written all over it. :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime

Ron DeSantis

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:18 am
But you gotta admit that if DeSantis fits in anywhere, the Testicle Festival has Meatball Ron written all over it. :rotflmao:
It kinda makes me regret that Cruz has not yet thrown his hat in the ring, since between him, DeSantis, and TFG, we'd have the complete set of shriveled male lamb's genitalia, and y'all can decide for yourselves who are the two testes and who is the thing above and in the middle of them. :)

I am sure that I beg your pardon on this mental image. And I will understand if folks are offended to the point that I am temporarily in the doghouse. But, uh, someone was going to run with this.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

Hey, we were all thinking it.

ImageImageImage x4
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Ron DeSantis

Post by jez »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:52 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:31 pm Seems the FLexit supporters did not study the effect of Brexit :twisted:
Change approved. Add it to the lexicon, please.
Lexicon/Snarkasaurus updated. :)
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Fiascoist

Ron DeSantis

Post by Fiascoist »

Gregg wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:18 am
It kinda makes me regret that Cruz has not yet thrown his hat in the ring, since between him, DeSantis, and TFG, we'd have the complete set of shriveled male lamb's genitalia, and y'all can decide for yourselves who are the two testes and who is the thing above and in the middle of them. :)

I am sure that I beg your pardon on this mental image. And I will understand if folks are offended to the point that I am temporarily in the doghouse. But, uh, someone was going to run with this.
[/quote]

:winner: :yeahthat:
Azastan
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Azastan »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:36 am

I think that we have an actual mutant here, with three testicles and Casey DeSantis controlling the triad.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

https://wapo.st/3NCHHzO

Gifted.
Where’s Casey?

Ron was asking.

“Where is she at?”

Ron was always asking.

Ron DeSantis was in the middle of a picnic in Sioux Center, Iowa, bent over a homemade poster. Four photos, arranged in a neat grid, stared back at him: Ron and Casey, smiling on election night, 2022; Ron and Casey, smiling outside the governor’s mansion, 2021; a headshot of Ron; a headshot of Casey. The governor signed his name in the corner, leaving room for his wife’s signature. He was the one running for president, but of course she should sign it, too. “I don’t know where the first lady is, but she’ll do it,” he said.

Casey DeSantis was on the other side of the room. She knew, starting with his early days in politics, when Ron was still a member of Congress, elected at the age of 34, how she wanted to figure in his world. She knew the staff he should hire, former aides said, the invitations he should accept and the invitations he should decline. She knew his walking path at events, the people he’d stand next to on a stage. She knew his schedule, down to every meeting and call and fundraiser and congressional vote, because she asked to be copied on every calendar entry. She knew the cowboy boots he should wear, even though, at first, he complained that they hurt his feet, until a staffer suggested he buy dress shoes instead, at which point he said, “Casey got them for me,” and that was the end of the conversation about the cowboy boots. She knew the earpiece he should use for live interviews, because she had spent 15 years in television, even though, at first, the earpiece was uncomfortable in his ear, at which point an aide said, “Casey got this for you,” and that was the end of the conversation about the earpiece.

Ron was always talking about the two of them as one — when “we” got elected, when “we” protect freedom, when “we” fight the woke agenda — as if it was hard to see his role and hers in clear relief. Reporters approached Casey’s story with phrases like “co-governor,” “secret weapon,” “not-so-secret weapon” — the “X-factor” who “knows what’s best for Ron.” Ron was known to inspire fear, even in his allies. “If you can’t make ’em see the light,” he has said, quoting Ronald Reagan, “make ’em feel the heat.” But Casey — she was a subject they wouldn’t touch if they didn’t have to.
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

DeSantis, preparing to consume the recently born.
Ben-Prime

Ron DeSantis

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:57 pm DeSantis, preparing to consume the recently born.
I mean, in fairness, I, too, often pretend to unhinge my jaws in preparation of eating babies. But I am usually warm and funny when I do it. One of my goddaughters, now in her 20s, still checks to make sure the tone of voice with which I approach her and say "Hug?" is my normal speaking voice and not my "Uncle Ben is going to try to eat my head while hugging me" fake-zombie voice. It's a thing we've done since she was smol.

The differences on this between me and The Guv? I actually do it with joy in my heart and a deeply seated love of people and a desire to get a laugh out of them to see happiness on their faces. I am not actually a lizard person wearing a human skin suit and consulting some instruction manual on how to act like a bipedal humanoid denizen of the planet Dirt.
Off Topic
One of my favorite related moments involves a young couple with a newborn that was going up and down aisles opposite to me in a supermarket. On the first two or three criss-crosses, I would wave and smile at the baby and it would gurgle at me. On the fourth cross, I simply said "Hello again, my arch-nemesis", and the dad bust out laughing. The mom, who hadn't heard exactly what I said, spent about 15 seconds trying to get him to stop laughing and tell her what was so funny. I heard her start laughing by the time I reached the end of that aisle. My work was done.

raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Hey look, DeSantis has been smoking crack again.
"Two different sets of rules, depending on whether you are a member in good standing of elite society or not. If Hunter were a Republican, He would have been in jail years ago."
Ron DeSantis @RonDeSantis wrote: Looks like Hunter received a sweetheart deal and is not facing any charges on the massive corruption allegations. If Hunter was not connected to the elite DC class he would have been put in jail a long time ago.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”