L. Lin Wood - Lucian Lincoln "Lin" Wood Jr. - Oct 19, 1952 Libra / Dragon - "I might actually be Christ coming back..."

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
tek

L. Lin Wood - Lucian Lincoln "Lin" Wood Jr. - Oct 19, 1952 Libra / Dragon - "I might actually be Christ coming back..."

Post by tek »

Attorney Lin Wood, one of the most visible conspiracy theorists behind efforts to overturn the 2020 election results, has been found in contempt for violating an order keeping him from disparaging his former law partners.
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/pr ... gag-order/
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Lucian didn't discuss it much on Telegram.
At Thursday’s hearing, Wade’s attorney Milinda Brown denounced Wood’s “antisemitic” comments, and the lawsuit quotes Wood calling Grunberg a “Chilean Jewish f—ing crook.”

Other recordings quoted in the lawsuit show Wood comparing himself to Biblical figures and claiming: “I might actually be Christ coming back for a second time in the form of an imperfect man, elevating Christ’s consciousness.”

Calling the quotes “cherry picking,” Wood waxed indignant in court: “They accused me of blasphemy.” He spent a significant portion of his oral arguments defending his Christian piety and denouncing what he described as “heinous,” “salacious,” “redundant,” and “impertinent” allegations against him.

“I try to live a Christ-like life,” said Wood, arguing that he’s being persecuted like Christ in return.
Lin Wood, [6/1/2023 7:48 PM]
I survived the tribunal and the lions’ den today!!!
I praise Jesus Christ for this day with which he blessed me.
I praise Jesus Christ for the wonderful supporters who showed up at the hearing today to stand behind me.
Thank you and God bless you.
I am still standing.
And I will press on.
I pray you will press on too.
I love you.
Thank you for loving me.
God bless each of you.

Lin 🙏❤️🇺🇸
www.FightBack.law

Lin Wood, [6/2/2023 2:28 AM]
Time for rest!!!

What a glorious day God blessed me with today!!!

Amidst the persecution, there was so much love. So many of you prayed for me today. Many came to stand with me. God bless each of you.

I emerged with a few scratches. But the lions did not draw blood.

I am still standing.

I praise my LORD and my SAVIOR. I praise Jesus Christ. He is God.

The God of Daniel is my God. He is your God. He does not change.

He is the same God yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

I hope you rest well.

I love Jesus Christ.

I love my family and America.

I love President Trump

I love You the People.

Good night.

Lin 🙏❤️🇺🇸
www.FightBack.law
Wade, et al. v. Wood, et al., CAF: 2020CV339937
Judge Scott McAfee

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Wood is throwing in the towel
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:03 am Wood is throwing in the towel
Because Retired Lawyer looks so much better on the resume than DisBarred Lawyer

You can’t fire me, I quit!
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
realist

Post by realist »

Greatgrey wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:16 am

Happens often.
Image X 4
Image X 32
somerset

Post by somerset »

realist wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:44 pm
Greatgrey wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:16 am

Happens often.
Are these kinds of requests ever denied?
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

It varies from state to state, and possibly may depend on the severity of the pending disciplinary proceeding.

What's typical is that the attorney is required to acknowledge the nature of the pending proceedings against and further to acknowledge that there is no valid defense to the charges. Thereafter, the bar listing includes a nasty paragraph explaining the background to the attorney's resignation.

In other words, it's not _quite_ as bad as being disbarred, but there's a substantial sting.
bob

Post by bob »

somerset wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:59 pmAre these kinds of requests ever denied?
It depends on a state's reinstatement laws.

In some states, it is easy for a retired attorney to become active again. So a request like this would be denied to ensure the disbarment actually happens.

In other states, "retired with charges pending" is akin to disbarment so a later reactivation would be more difficult.

Wood basically has moved his shop to South Carolina; this may be a method to protect his South Carolina bar card. I presume South Carolina would initiate some sort of reciprocal discipline proceedings if Georgia actually disbarred him, so this may be a move to avoid South Carolina from acting.
Image ImageImage
somerset

Post by somerset »

bob wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:25 pm
somerset wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:59 pmAre these kinds of requests ever denied?
It depends on a state's reinstatement laws.

In some states, it is easy for a retired attorney to become active again. So a request like this would be denied to ensure the disbarment actually happens.

In other states, "retired with charges pending" is akin to disbarment so a later reactivation would be more difficult.

Wood basically has moved his shop to South Carolina; this may be a method to protect his South Carolina bar card. I presume South Carolina would initiate some sort of reciprocal discipline proceedings if Georgia actually disbarred him, so this may be a move to avoid South Carolina from acting.
Thanks bob and chancery :biggrin:

Maybe the GA bar will take umbrage at Wood's snide remark in the last paragraph and follow through with disbarment ;)
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I thought Wood, like Kari Lake, was never going to stop fighting.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Lin explains:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

"Funny" how "bar" becomes "B.A.R." when playing to the cheap seats. :think:
Image ImageImage
realist

Post by realist »

:yankyank:

What a buncha lying bullshit.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

The documents.

I was wondering if he could reapply in some other State, but that’s been taken care of.
IMG_9356.jpeg
IMG_9356.jpeg (72.6 KiB) Viewed 1653 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
bob

Post by bob »

Greatgrey wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:30 pm I was wondering if he could reapply in some other State, but that’s been taken care of.
To me, that reads like sloppy language. I believe it is meant to convey only that Wood can't seek PHV status in another court based on his (now retired) Georgia license.

Having said that, I don't believe Wood has a law license from South Carolina.
Image ImageImage
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

bob wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:39 pm
Greatgrey wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:30 pm I was wondering if he could reapply in some other State, but that’s been taken care of.
To me, that reads like sloppy language. I believe it is meant to convey only that Wood can't seek PHV status in another court based on his (now retired) Georgia license.

If one has no active law licenses when one applies to a new state for a law license, dare I ask how reciprocity is possible? Would Lin have to pass the bar exam in that state like a first-time baby lawyer since he cannot show an active license to practice in another state to claim reciprocity? Or how does this work?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I couldn't find one for him in SC (or DC which I thought I might check).

He seems rather defensive instead of just saying, I'm at a retirement age and want to spend my time being an innkeeper, and then just leave it at that.
101010 :towel:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

bob wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:25 pm Wood basically has moved his shop to South Carolina; this may be a method to protect his South Carolina bar card. I presume South Carolina would initiate some sort of reciprocal discipline proceedings if Georgia actually disbarred him, so this may be a move to avoid South Carolina from acting.

The Attorney Information Search of the South Carolina Judicial Branch turns up no records for "Lucian Wood" or "Lincoln Wood."

As far as sloppy language goes, I dunno. It hadn't occurred to me that one could use the status of being a "resigned lawyer" as the basis for admission pro hac vice, and if that were the concern, I would have expected language that was more clear.

It did, however, occur to me that the State of Georgia doesn't have jurisdiction to declare who may practice law in other jurisdiction.

OTOH, reciprocal discipline exists in every jurisdiction I've heard of ... oh all right, let's look ... OK: "Every state in the country has a 'reciprocal' discipline rule." Attorney Grievance Commission v. Whitehead, 390 Md. 663, 679 n.12 (2006). However, not every state automatically applies "identical" discipline, particularly when the first jurisdiction has not made extensive findings of fact. Id.

In Whitehead, the attorney had been disbarred by the District of Columbia. Disbarment was "on consent" and was therefore on a limited record. A divided (4/3) court held that (i) it was free to determine under Maryland law the degree of punishment that was appropriate for the attorney's conduct, and (ii) under Maryland precedents, an indefinite suspension with the right to reapply after eighteen months was appropriate.

In light of this, I find it more likely that the reference to other jurisdictions wasn't sloppy language, but rather designed, so far as is possible, to frame a decree, binding under the Full Faith and Credit Clause, that would prevent Wood from practicing law anywhere for the rest of his life.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

chancery wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:02 pm
bob wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:25 pm Wood basically has moved his shop to South Carolina; this may be a method to protect his South Carolina bar card. I presume South Carolina would initiate some sort of reciprocal discipline proceedings if Georgia actually disbarred him, so this may be a move to avoid South Carolina from acting.

The Attorney Information Search of the South Carolina Judicial Branch turns up no records for "Lucian Wood" or "Lincoln Wood."

As far as sloppy language goes, I dunno. It hadn't occurred to me that one could use the status of being a "resigned lawyer" as the basis for admission pro hac vice, and if that were the concern, I would have expected language that was more clear.

It did, however, occur to me that the State of Georgia doesn't have jurisdiction to declare who may practice law in other jurisdiction.

OTOH, reciprocal discipline exists in every jurisdiction I've heard of ... oh all right, let's look ... OK: "Every state in the country has a 'reciprocal' discipline rule." Attorney Grievance Commission v. Whitehead, 390 Md. 663, 679 n.12 (2006). However, not every state automatically applies "identical" discipline, particularly when the first jurisdiction has not made extensive findings of fact. Id.

In Whitehead, the attorney had been disbarred by the District of Columbia. Disbarment was "on consent" and was therefore on a limited record. A divided (4/3) court held that (i) it was free to determine under Maryland law the degree of punishment that was appropriate for the attorney's conduct, and (ii) under Maryland precedents, an indefinite suspension with the right to reapply after eighteen months was appropriate.

In light of this, I find it more likely that the reference to other jurisdictions wasn't sloppy language, but rather designed, so far as is possible, to frame a decree, binding under the Full Faith and Credit Clause, that would prevent Wood from practicing law anywhere for the rest of his life.
he's going pro se:
20230705210921.png
20230705210921.png (243.41 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
bob

Post by bob »

chancery wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:02 pm In light of this, I find it more likely that the reference to other jurisdictions wasn't sloppy language, but rather designed, so far as is possible, to frame a decree, binding under the Full Faith and Credit Clause, that would prevent Wood from practicing law anywhere for the rest of his life.
But, as you suggested, the ability of Georgia to bind other states to its decree is ... uncertain.

The decree also doesn't seem to be a contract in which Wood had agreed to forebear obtaining another state's license. What is Georgia going to do if Wood does try to get another state's license, rescind its decree and unretire him?

Regardless, I think this also academic: I don't believe Wood has the ability (or desire) to practice law* in any other state.

* Other than perhaps representing himself, which he still can do.
Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I will need to make sure if I am ever in SC to never stay at his inn. Just want I need is for the owner to decide to pester me with his "witnessing" to his guests instead of letting them enjoy their stay.
101010 :towel:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

bob wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:40 pm The decree also doesn't seem to be a contract in which Wood had agreed to forebear obtaining another state's license.
Well, he did so offer in his request to retire.
bob wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:40 pm What is Georgia going to do if Wood does try to get another state's license, rescind its decree and unretire him?
Not necessarily unretire him, but Georgia could finish the disbarment proceedings, which were almost complete when he requested permission to retire. And while the Supreme Court of Georgia can't control how other states will view its judgment, attorneys disbarred for serious misconduct in one state almost never get to keep or obtain a law license in another state.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that there's a complex body of law with respect to the applicability of the Full Faith & Credit Clause to stipulated judgments. (I wish I still had handy access to Wright & Miller). However, I suspect that the background of reciprocal discipline and comity (at a minimum, depending on the state) with respect to attorney discipline would make it likely that the courts and bar officials in any other state will honor the provisions of _this particular_ stipulated judgment.

Absent, of course, an extraordinary showing of fraud on the court or a special kind of unfairness. But that's always a lurking unlikely wildcard.
bob wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:40 pm Regardless, I think this also academic: I don't believe Wood has the ability (or desire) to practice law* in any other state.
* Other than perhaps representing himself, which he still can do.
Sure. I'm just pounding the rubble.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Not to :horse: this overmuch, but if he has no active law license in any state as a result of this, wouldn't applying for a license in another state later -- even if the disciplinary situation allowed it -- mean that he couldn't do so under *reciprocity* since that *does* imply an active license somewhere? Wouldn't have to take the exam in that state like a mint-new baby lawyer since he has no license anywhere to be, um, reciprocated?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”