Project Veritas - O'Keefe Media Group (OMG) - James Edward O'Keefe III

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Thank you, Northland. Added the docket to the https://www.protopage.com/birthers page.

James' employment agreement is at https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 11.1.1.pdf

COMPENSATION: $430,920.00
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Thanks northland. That makes O'Keefe sound like a real piece a crap. I'm so surprised!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:35 pm That makes O'Keefe sound like a real piece a crap. I'm so surprised!
Some on the bird site have graded the complaint, legally, to be mediocre at best. As in, it will probably fail.

But it could be intentionally Klayman-esque: A defamation-proof method to air some grievances and dirty laundry.
Image ImageImage
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

And there we are. This "501(3)(c) non-profit" corp bilks millions and doing zero for the public good. $430k/year salary--- MAJOR GRIFT. Maybe the IRS needs to fix their rules.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Project Veritas has a lovely 2-star (out of 4) rating on Charity Navigator. Their admin expense is an ugly 25%. Ideally, it should be no higher than 8%. His salary is over 3% of the total expenses. This is 3% of the total revenue.

Some CEOs of charities make a whole bunch more but it is still under 1% of total expenses and their admin expenses are below 8%.

Here is the Charity Navigator report on Project Veritas. IRS ended up really behind on the updating of 990s during the Trump term so the data is behind.
https://www.charitynavigator.org/ein/272894856
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

northland10 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:16 pm Project Veritas has a lovely 2-star (out of 4) rating on Charity Navigator. Their admin expense is an ugly 25%. Ideally, it should be no higher than 8%. His salary is over 3% of the total expenses. This is 3% of the total revenue.

Some CEOs of charities make a whole bunch more but it is still under 1% of total expenses and their admin expenses are below 8%.

Here is the Charity Navigator report on Project Veritas. IRS ended up really behind on the updating of 990s during the Trump term so the data is behind.
https://www.charitynavigator.org/ein/272894856
What do they do for the public good?
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:27 pm What do they do for the public good?
Project Veritas mission is to investigate and expose corruption, dishonesty, self-dealing, waste, fraud, and other misconduct in both public and private institutions in order to achieve a more ethical and transparent society. We launch an investigation with the placement of our undercover journalists. The rollout of our findings creates a growing and uncontainable firestorm of press coverage. Corruption is exposed, leaders resign, and organizations are shut down. We get immediate, measurable and impactful results, and our return on investment is unparalleled. Our goal is to inform the public of wrongdoing and allow the public to make judgments on the issues.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:rotflmao:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/RaheemKassam/status ... 70986?s=20
Raheem. @RaheemKassam wrote: Hi @Project_Veritas I am willing to purchase your entire company and run it as the research arm of @TheNatPulse and restore the brand to greatness.

Let’s talk soon and I’ll lay out a plan, contingent also on finding a fair resolution to the James O’Keefe saga.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Dafuq?
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I had a look at the National Pulse and its pretty much a Right Wing pro Russia Page.

Example of a headline on the page right now - "Docs Warn Migrants Bring Tuberculosis, Hepatitis, Measles, & Syphilis Over Border." Sounds like a good night in Vegas.

Mediabias rating

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-national-pulse/
Overall, we rate The National Pulse Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories, affiliation with a known questionable group, and several failed fact checks.
So in short pretty much a good fit for Veritas. The implication that everyone at Veritas was fired might mean that they want to use the name as a fake source for their articles.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I found I had already blocked "Raheem." He's an originator or spreader of blatant disinformation, the kind of stuff you might have seen in The National Enquirer with a slight gloss of pseudo journalism.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

eww
https://www.thedailybeast.com/ex-projec ... -the-floor

Ex-Project Veritas Staffer Claims James O’Keefe’s Party Guests Pooped on the Floor
As an administrative assistant for the conservative undercover group Project Veritas, Antoinetta Zappier had some unusual responsibilities. She claims she would be woken up in the middle of the night because Project Veritas founder James O’Keefe had lost his apartment keys, or asked to fake O’Keefe’s signature onto thousands of copies of his book, after donors had paid $200 each to receive “signed” copies.

And then, there was the time, Zappier says, she had to buy supplies to clean up a boat after partygoers at an event hosted by O’Keefe relieved themselves on the floor.

In a lawsuit filed Sunday, Zappier alleges that her duties for Project Veritas extended to a particularly debauched boat party for Young Republicans. After buying hundreds of dollars worth of alcohol for the party, Zappier alleges, she was left frantically purchasing cleaning supplies when attendees “defecated on the floor.”
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:02 pm
In a lawsuit filed Sunday, Zappier alleges that her duties for Project Veritas extended to a particularly debauched boat party for Young Republicans. After buying hundreds of dollars worth of alcohol for the party, Zappier alleges, she was left frantically purchasing cleaning supplies when attendees “defecated on the floor.”
Somehow, this completely and totally beyond the shadow of a doubt utterly fails to surprise me about Young Republicans.
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
raison de arizona

shannongund wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:07 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:02 pm
Somehow, this completely and totally beyond the shadow of a doubt utterly fails to surprise me about Young Republicans.
Young Republicans, old Republicans, the January 6ers pooped on the floor too. I guess it’s just A Thing with them.
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:24 pmYoung Republicans, old Republicans, the January 6ers pooped on the floor too. I guess it’s just A Thing with them.
Semi-domesticated primates. Next they'll be throwing it at people
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Even when I lived at the nude beach on Russian River in '73 with a bunch of hippies, bikers, and panhandlers, the one rule we all insisted on was, bury your poop. Otherwise you got insects and disease and godonlyknowswhatelse. Even the dog owners buried the dog poop. We had a ragtag bunch of guys named Tex and Nevada and like that, and we were all drunks and stoners, but we kept a clean camp all summer. I never did get ill that summer.

But Republicans ... yeah. They poop on the floor in their own houses. :mrgreen:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:27 pm Even when I lived at the nude beach on Russian River in '73 with a bunch of hippies, bikers, and panhandlers, the one rule we all insisted on was, bury your poop. Otherwise you got insects and disease and godonlyknowswhatelse. Even the dog owners buried the dog poop. We had a ragtag bunch of guys named Tex and Nevada and like that, and we were all drunks and stoners, but we kept a clean camp all summer. I never did get ill that summer.

But Republicans ... yeah. They poop on the floor in their own houses. :mrgreen:
Note to self: Don’t build sandcastles on the beach in Jenner.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Sounds like, if this report is based on the actual situation, that PV is in financial trouble:

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/were- ... -collapse/

“The bills that are owed and everything, and there’s lawyers threatening to like, to force us into bankruptcy, and come take all this stuff,” Giles said. “So, I do not want us, I do not want to declare bankruptcy or go into bankruptcy, but we have to imagine that’s where we’re at so how do we get to the point where we’re clawing our way out of that situation?”

“So, we’re under water?” one staffer asked. Giles responded: “Yeah.”

Many giggles.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

John Thomas8 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:07 am Sounds like, if this report is based on the actual situation, that PV is in financial trouble:

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/were- ... -collapse/

“The bills that are owed and everything, and there’s lawyers threatening to like, to force us into bankruptcy, and come take all this stuff,” Giles said. “So, I do not want us, I do not want to declare bankruptcy or go into bankruptcy, but we have to imagine that’s where we’re at so how do we get to the point where we’re clawing our way out of that situation?”

“So, we’re under water?” one staffer asked. Giles responded: “Yeah.”

Many giggles.
Has she considered prostitution? It would be a great bookend on how PV got started
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Approved.

BREAKING: Project Veritas suspends all operations effective immediately.

CEO @HannahMGiles
and Jen Kiyak of Human Resources cite financial ruin as reason for additional layoffs on 9/20/23 leaving merely a handful of employees left.

All investigations halted as of today.
3:47 PM · Sep 20, 2023
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

IMG_8094.jpeg
IMG_8094.jpeg (92.55 KiB) Viewed 802 times
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

But where will journalists get free donuts at pressers now? Collateral damage…
MichaelJ
Verified:

Post by MichaelJ »

NewMexGirl wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:53 pm But where will journalists get free donuts at pressers now? Collateral damage…
Paging Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman...

https://thespectator.com/uncategorized/ ... -ted-cruz/
When Cockburn arrived at 1599 North Colonial Terrace, he saw some staples of the now-frequent Burkman-Wohl press conference: a TV screen presenting this week’s accusation, a stack of Dunkin Donuts for the attending press, and a bodyguard posted by the podium.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”