Is it the Apocalypse or just a bit of doom?

jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

I know almost nothing about economics other than the basics. All I know is the talking heads are bemoaning the upcoming default. I've heard the economy will crash (what does that mean?). Massive job loss. Scarce resources.

Sounds a lot like an apocalypse to me.

Can some that is actually conversant in economics and things along those lines explain to me what may occur without the rating grabbing sound bites?

I am concerned. I don't have much of a cushion, and worse yet, I work for a bank, which will probably end up getting hit hard.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

jez wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:39 am I know almost nothing about economics other than the basics. All I know is the talking heads are bemoaning the upcoming default. I've heard the economy will crash (what does that mean?). Massive job loss. Scarce resources.

Sounds a lot like an apocalypse to me. :snippity:
Hm, well I personally think it will get corrected. Right now there is much hand-wringing and foot-stamping in D.C. but it will not hold. Perhaps I am wrong and am not worried short term as I have a cushion to hold me over.

Heck, we went through the pandemic and the country survived. Thinking we will get through this.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I'm with you, Jez.

Return to “Economy”