TESLA and Elon Musk - anything not elsewhere

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

xpost
Dave from down under wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:57 pm https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-02/ ... /102290222

Conservation groups have sued the US Federal Aviation Administration, challenging its approval of expanded rocket launch operations by Elon Musk's SpaceX next to a national wildlife refuge in South Texas without requiring greater environmental study.

Key points:
The Federal Aviation Administration "deferred" the typical environmental impact study to SpaceX
Conservation groups say this is the latest incident of explosive mishaps at the Texas site
Elon Musk says the launch debris amounted to a "human-made sandstorm"

The lawsuit comes 11 days after SpaceX made good on a new FAA license to send its next-generation Starship rocket on its first test flight, ending with the vehicle exploding over the Gulf of Mexico after blasting the launch pad to ruins on lift-off.

The shattering force of the launch hurled chunks of reinforced concrete and metal shrapnel thousands of feet from the site, adjacent to the Lower Rio Grand Valley National Wildlife Refuge near Boca Chica State Park and Beach.

The blast also ignited a 1.4-hectare brush fire and sent a cloud of pulverised concrete drifting 10.5 km to the north-west and raining down over tidal flats and the nearby town of Port Isabel, according to the US Fish and Wildlife Service.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Elmo is a right wing troll. And not even a good one.
Fred Wellman @FPWellman wrote: They literally shut down the state capitol. Fucking idiot.
LeGate🤠 @williamlegate wrote: Not only did the left organize protests for the Tennessee Christian school shooting, but they protested so hard that the GOP-led state legislature attempted to literally ban Democrats from even being allowed in the government.

WTF is going on in this man’s head??????
Elon Musk @elonmusk wrote: Why didn't they protest when the children were murdered at the Christian school?

They are disingenuous.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

IMG_4946.jpeg
IMG_4946.jpeg (231.33 KiB) Viewed 1230 times
raison de arizona

Thin-skinned Musk removes community note on a post regarding his finances.
Noted post:
► Show Spoiler
How it looks now (noteless):
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

Elon Musk loses bid to end SEC 'muzzle' over tweets

A federal appeals court on Monday rejected Elon Musk's bid to modify or end his 2018 securities fraud settlement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that required a Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) lawyer to approve some of his tweets in advance.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan rejected Musk's claim that the SEC exploited his consent decree to conduct bad-faith, harassing investigations that violated his First Amendment free speech rights under the U.S. Constitution.

Musk's decree resolved an SEC lawsuit accusing him of defrauding investors with an Aug. 7, 2018, tweet that he had "funding secured" to take his electric car company private.

It required advance review of tweets that might contain material information about Tesla. Musk and Tesla each also paid $20 million in civil fines, and Musk gave up his role as chairman.

In the appeal, Musk's lawyers called the pre-approval mandate a "government-imposed muzzle" that amounted to an illegal prior restraint on his speech.

But the three-judge appeals court panel said the SEC had opened just two subsequent inquiries into Musk's tweets, and those tweets "plausibly violated" the decree's terms.

The panel said the SEC's "limited, appropriate inquiries in this case have not made compliance with the consent decree 'substantially more onerous'" for Musk, as he had argued.

It also said Musk chose to allow screening of his tweets, and had no right to revisit the matter "because he has now changed his mind."
:snippity:
https://www.reuters.com/legal/elon-musk ... 023-05-15/
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/15/us-virg ... r=sharebar
The U.S. Virgin Islands issued a subpoena to Tesla boss Elon Musk seeking documents as part of that government’s lawsuit against JPMorgan Chase.
The Virgin Islands is suing JPMorgan over sex trafficking by the bank’s longtime customer Jeffrey Epstein.
The USVI is suing JPMorgan for allegedly enabling and benefiting from Epstein’s trafficking of young women to his private island in the Virgin Islands to be abused by him and others.
JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon is due to be deposed on May 26 in the case.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

seems a rather flimsy connection :think:
U.S. Virgin Islands says it can't find Elon Musk to serve a subpoena in Jeffrey Epstein lawsuit

Published May 16, 2023 1:17 a.m. CEST

NEW YORK - The government of the U.S. Virgin Islands told a federal judge Monday that it can't find billionaire Elon Musk to serve him with a subpoena for documents in its lawsuit seeking to hold JPMorgan Chase liable for sex trafficking acts committed by businessman Jeffrey Epstein. It wants to serve his electric vehicle company instead.

Lawyers asked Judge Jed Rakoff in Manhattan in a court filing to let it serve the subpoena on Tesla Inc. because it has not been able to give the papers to Musk or his lawyers since it issued the subpoena on April 28.

They said they hired an investigative firm to search public records databases for possible addresses for Musk and reached out to one of his lawyers by email but received no response.

A message sent to a lawyer for Musk seeking comment Monday was not immediately returned.

The government of the U.S. Virgin Islands said it believes Epstein may have referred or tried to refer Musk to JPMorgan.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/u-s-vir ... -1.6399785
raison de arizona

James Surowiecki @JamesSurowiecki wrote: I'm sure it's a coincidence that Musk tweeted this right after public filings showed that Soros dumped his entire stake in Tesla last quarter.
raison de arizona

Email from Elmo.
Subject: Hiring
I would like to gain a better understanding of our hiring. VPs should send me a list of their department hiring requests once a week.

Think carefully before sending me the request. No one can join Tesla, even as a contractor, until you receive my email approval.

Thanks,
Elon
Last year, Tesla hired about 30,000 people.

Tesla stock is up in hopes that Elmo will concentrate on Tesla for awhile.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-mu ... res-2023-5
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:59 pm
Elon Musk loses bid to end SEC 'muzzle' over tweets

:snippity: :snippity:

It also said Musk chose to allow screening of his tweets, and had no right to revisit the matter "because he has now changed his mind."
:snippity:
https://www.reuters.com/legal/elon-musk ... 023-05-15/
And bought the company so he’s the boss and can do what he wants or else? :lol: :lol:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:28 pm seems a rather flimsy connection :think:
U.S. Virgin Islands says it can't find Elon Musk to serve a subpoena in Jeffrey Epstein lawsuit

Published May 16, 2023 1:17 a.m. CEST

NEW YORK - The government of the U.S. Virgin Islands told a federal judge Monday that it can't find billionaire Elon Musk to serve him with a subpoena for documents in its lawsuit seeking to hold JPMorgan Chase liable for sex trafficking acts committed by businessman Jeffrey Epstein. It wants to serve his electric vehicle company instead.

Lawyers asked Judge Jed Rakoff in Manhattan in a court filing to let it serve the subpoena on Tesla Inc. because it has not been able to give the papers to Musk or his lawyers since it issued the subpoena on April 28.

They said they hired an investigative firm to search public records databases for possible addresses for Musk and reached out to one of his lawyers by email but received no response.

A message sent to a lawyer for Musk seeking comment Monday was not immediately returned.

The government of the U.S. Virgin Islands said it believes Epstein may have referred or tried to refer Musk to JPMorgan.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/u-s-vir ... -1.6399785
So, do they think that JPMorgan turned a blind eye regarding Epstein because Epstein was referring wealthy people to them? It doesn't sound to me like they are trying to subpoena Musk because they think HE did something wrong in this case, but more along the lines of he was one of the wealthy people that Epstein used to keep JPMorgan happy.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

nikki mccann ramírez @NikkiMcR wrote: When asked if he's worried his tweets are hurting his companies Musk compares himself to Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Musk compares himself to Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:20 pm
Musk compares himself to Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!
Inconceivable!! ;) ;)
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1658430950957539328

Josh Marshall
@joshtpm
Not a huge surprise but Musk has now revealed himself as a degenerate antisemite. Worth noting for those still trying to minimize his hard right turn.
You'll have to click on the twitter link to see the context of Musk's degenerate (and "post truth") antisemitic tweets.

Off topic: this is the first I'd heard of Brian Krassenstein, an "Independent Investigative Journalist" who has 3/4 of a million twitter followers. After spending a minute or two on his feed, I'm not sure that all of his screws are dogged down tight. It's obvious that he's suffering from some bad bothsiderism.

Edit: put link code around the twitter quote, so that it doesn't automatically display.
raison de arizona

chancery wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:16 pm Off topic: this is the first I'd heard of Brian Krassenstein, an "Independent Investigative Journalist" who has 3/4 of a million twitter followers. After spending a minute or two on his feed, I'm not sure that all of his screws are dogged down tight. It's obvious that he's suffering from some bad bothsiderism.
Him and his twin brother too!
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/annabower/status/16 ... 2865422336
Anna Bower @AnnaBower wrote: isn’t this the same guy who called a rescuer worker a “pedo” without a shred of evidence, amplified a false conspiracy theory about the attack on Paul Pelosi, and baselessly claimed that a Jewish philanthropist “hates humanity”?
Elon Musk @elonmusk wrote: Replying to @krassenstein
It should not be socially acceptable to call someone an [anything] supremacist, unless there is unequivocal evidence for such a claim
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:45 pm
chancery wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:16 pm Off topic: this is the first I'd heard of Brian Krassenstein, an "Independent Investigative Journalist" who has 3/4 of a million twitter followers. After spending a minute or two on his feed, I'm not sure that all of his screws are dogged down tight. It's obvious that he's suffering from some bad bothsiderism.
Him and his twin brother too!
Brian Krassenstein and his brother, back in the day, made their money as the invisible owners of TalkGold.com, Rolclub.com and another one I can't remember. Aside from being the complete enablers of the entire "HYIP Industry" the sites were supposed to be bitter rivals. It was only when they all fell down in a series of court cases did it come out they they owned them all, as well as many of the smaller sites devoted to the original internet Ponzi Scheme landscape.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper »

Gregg wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:26 pm Brian Krassenstein and his brother, back in the day, made their money as the invisible owners of TalkGold.com, Rolclub.com and another one I can't remember.
MoneyMakerGroup if I recall correctly.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Yuk
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

GlimDropper wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:36 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:26 pm Brian Krassenstein and his brother, back in the day, made their money as the invisible owners of TalkGold.com, Rolclub.com and another one I can't remember.
MoneyMakerGroup if I recall correctly.

:winner:

That's the one.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

From a discord channel.
this is funny, I was having lunch with a friend and we were making fun of Elon and FSD and this girl at the next table over says "hey I overheard you talking about Elon, he was my boss for eight months"

and told us a few stories about what a weirdo he is

she was an engineer at SpaceX

everyone generally knew to spend as little time in Elon's presence as possible because he was constantly building a case in his mind for why everyone but him is a moron

and the more exposure he had to you in a setting where you weren't actively kissing his ass, the more evidence he was compiling against you

at one point he objected to stabilizing fins on the top of some spaceX vehicle because it "made it look too much like a missile"

when the engineers told him that you need stabilizers to make sure it goes where it needs to go, he wanted them to design fins that would collapse into the vehicle when they were no longer needed

she had a couple of stories about him interviewing VPs in the cubicle over from hers where she could overhear what was going on, and him generally being a weird rude psycho. One guy had on his resume that he was a black belt in karate, and Elon was like "oh really, show me your karate moves" and made the guy do katas in front of him

the stabilizing fin thing was especially funny because we'd been talking about his "we can't use lidar sensors because they look funny" technical genius
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Are we absolutely sure he's not an illegitimate son of trump?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Elon Musk: I will tweet what I want even if it loses me money
Twitter owner and Tesla chief defends tweet about George Soros after being accused of antisemitism

Dan Milmo Global technology editor
Wed 17 May 2023 12.10 BST

Elon Musk has said he will continue sending controversial tweets even it loses him money, as he defended himself against accusations of antisemitism over tweets about George Soros.

The Twitter owner and Tesla chief executive said he is “allowed to say what I want to”, as he defended a tweet posted on Tuesday saying the billionaire financier “reminds me of Magneto” – the Jewish villain in the X-Men series.

In an interview with US broadcaster CNBC on Tuesday, he said: “I’ll say what I want to say and if the consequence of that is losing money, so be it.”

Soros was born into a Jewish family in Hungary in the 1930s and survived the Nazi occupation of his birth country, while the backstory of Magneto, from a German Jewish family, portrays him as a concentration camp survivor.

Soros is a regular target for rightwing conspiracy theorists in attacks that are often flagged as thinly veiled antisemitism.

Musk also continued his attack on Soros in replies to his tweet. Brian Krassenstein, a US journalist, responded that Soros is “attacked nonstop for his good intentions”, to which Musk replied: “You assume they are good intentions. They are not. He wants to erode the very fabric of civilization. Soros hates humanity.”

Jonathan Greenblatt, the chief executive of the Anti-Defamation League, said Musk was feeding “antisemitic tropes” and would “embolden extremists who already contrive anti-Jewish conspiracies”. Musk has nearly 140 million followers on Twitter and brushes with controversy regularly in his posts.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... orge-soros
raison de arizona

I'm sure investors and advertisers are thrilled.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”