Dogs!

Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

Mocha has a new, best ever, chew toy/bone. I was looking for something else on Amazon when I stumbled across cow knee cap bones. Buyers rave about them. Mocha runs through his chewies quickly, so I thought I would try the bones. Well, Mocha loves them, and they last a long time. He takes a bone with him when he's lounging in the yard. He brings a bone with him at bedtime. And he's no longer asking me to give him rawhide chews.

This is the brand I bought: Mighty Paw Naturals Cow Knee Caps
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’ll have to try those. Thanks Lani.

Floyd used to love a specific brand of pizzle stick that our pet store no longer carries, thank dog. ( I shop local for pet stuff unless I can’t find it). They absolutely stink! And they’re made from bull penis! I’m all for using every available part of slaughtered animals, but knee caps are much better. :batting:
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

I just got a call that Mocha is to go to the Senate tomorrow for the last day of the Senate. This time, I'm sending poop bags, leash, favorite toy, and treats. I hope he has a happy day! I want a photo, too.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Volkonski »

All hail Mocha! Aliʻi of Hawaii! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :biggrin:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

Tonight was scary. We were walking when I fall off the sidewalk, crashing my mobility scooter. Mocha ran away. I tied to repair my scooter, but I couldn't fix it. And Mocha had disappeared.

I walked around the neighborhood it to find Mocha, but it's painful for me to walk. I'm so lucky! A very nice man was walking the neighborhood to walk to a dog that appeared at his home.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Dogs!

Post by Foggy »

:shock: Yikes!
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Dogs!

Post by Maybenaut »

Lani wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:13 am Tonight was scary. We were walking when I fall off the sidewalk, crashing my mobility scooter. Mocha ran away. I tied to repair my scooter, but I couldn't fix it. And Mocha had disappeared.

I walked around the neighborhood it to find Mocha, but it's painful for me to walk. I'm so lucky! A very nice man was walking the neighborhood to walk to a dog that appeared at his home.
Mocha was trying to get help for you!

Mocha: Bork bork bork!

Nice Man: What’s that, boy? Lani fell off the sidewalk?! Let’s go!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:13 am Tonight was scary. We were walking when I fall off the sidewalk, crashing my mobility scooter. Mocha ran away. I tied to repair my scooter, but I couldn't fix it. And Mocha had disappeared.

Oh, Lani! I'm so sorry to hear about that - but so glad you got Mocha home quickly! Most importantly, though, are you ok?

:bighug:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Dogs!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:shock: :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

Lots of hugs for both you. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

Mocha left for the Senate about 9am. Now it's 7:40pm, and he's still partying at the capitol. :bar: :bored:
Volkonski
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by Volkonski »

:lol:

That pup is going to be so spoiled.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

He came home a little after 9pm. He was very happy. Now he's sleeping. Tomorrow we will be back to normal - working on my job and later walking around the neighborhood. :yawn:
RVInit

Dogs!

Post by RVInit »

Mocha is a hero. He was so smart to go look for help! So glad you both are safe at home and sounds like Mocha had a great day today.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer

Dogs!

Hubby wanted me to share this find.

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Dogs!

Post by RVInit »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:58 am Hubby wanted me to share this find.

:lovestruck:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

Best in Show, Westminster 2023
U.S.
Buddy Holly wins best in show at Westminster dog show

Updated on: May 9, 2023 / 11:28 PM / AP

Buddy Holly, a petit basset griffon Vendéen, was awarded the prestigious best in show at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Tuesday night, beating out the other six canine finalists and their handlers.

Buddy Holly — so named because "he's a buddy," breeder Gavin Robertson explained — has also lived and competed in his native United Kingdom, and in Ireland and Australia.

If Buddy Holly was feeling the pressure, he didn't let it show. Instead, he seemed more concerned late Tuesday afternoon with playing with his people and rejecting the notion of a nap in his crate.

About 2,500 dogs of 210 breeds and varieties vied for the trophy. Hundreds more competed in agility, obedience and other events.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/westminste ... t-in-show/
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Dogs!

Post by keith »

Has everybody heard about the bird?
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Damn Dogs, we have two, Henry (a girl half lab half coonhound) and Wally (a boy half coonhound half Doberman). We also have 3 cats and they’re all 5 fed twice a day, breakfast and what we call NNS (night night snack) at usually 4:30/5pm. Well tonight the cats had their bowls on the cat tower as usual and Henry was drooling up a storm as I walked over to put the dog bowls on the floor and I slipped on the damn drool and fell on my ass sending both bowls and the dog food all over the damn floor. So tonight NNS was eaten off the floor and when they were done there was no trace of the spill at all. :lol:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Dogs!

MsDaisy 2 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:28 pm I slipped on the damn drool and fell on my ass sending both bowls and the dog food all over the damn floor. So tonight NNS was eaten off the floor and when they were done there was no trace of the spill at all. :lol:
I hope you are okay! :biggrin:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by AndyinPA »

Ouch! :bighug:
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Dogs!

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:31 pm I hope you are okay! :biggrin:
Yep, landed flat on my ass and didn't damage a thing. That's pretty good for a crusty old "now" 66 year old lady :lol:
Gregg

Dogs!

Post by Gregg »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:33 pm Image

Best in Show, Westminster 2023
U.S.
Buddy Holly wins best in show at Westminster dog show

Updated on: May 9, 2023 / 11:28 PM / AP

Buddy Holly, a petit basset griffon Vendéen, was awarded the prestigious best in show at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Tuesday night, beating out the other six canine finalists and their handlers.

Buddy Holly — so named because "he's a buddy," breeder Gavin Robertson explained — has also lived and competed in his native United Kingdom, and in Ireland and Australia.

If Buddy Holly was feeling the pressure, he didn't let it show. Instead, he seemed more concerned late Tuesday afternoon with playing with his people and rejecting the notion of a nap in his crate.

About 2,500 dogs of 210 breeds and varieties vied for the trophy. Hundreds more competed in agility, obedience and other events.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/westminste ... t-in-show/
Statement of His Illuminated Majesty's 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment on The Westminster Dog Show winner NOT being a Dachshund AGAIN!

IT WAWS RIGGED. WE DEMAND A FULL FORENSIC AUDIT BY IMPARTIAL WIENERDOGS.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Dogs!

Go for it, Colonel Root Beer! The Fogbow is behind you all the way!!!!!
Lani

Dogs!

Post by Lani »

CNN —

The world’s oldest dog is living it up in his 30s.

Bobi, a Portuguese pooch who was declared the world’s oldest dog by Guinness World Records in February, celebrated his 31st birthday on Thursday, according to a news release from Guinness.

Sorry, Spike. There's a new world's oldest living dog -- and he's the oldest ever recorded

Bobi’s family planned a Saturday birthday party at his home in Conqueiros, a rural village in southern Portugal
https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/13/world/bo ... gfooterold
Pics in the article.

Return to “General Stuff”