trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Patagoniagirl

trump (the former guy, defamer, and sexual assaulter)

Post by Patagoniagirl »

As this appears to be outrage by progressives, let's not forget the fawning and gleeful commentary leading up to the 2016 election by Morning Joe. MSNBC aired HOURS of Trump, Trump Rallies and hosted Trumpers for commentary. NOW they're all appalled?! Remember Shake and Bake Chicken commercials, Joe and Mika? Yeah, you helped.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:49 am As this appears to be outrage by progressives, let's not forget the fawning and gleeful commentary leading up to the 2016 election by Morning Joe. MSNBC aired HOURS of Trump, Trump Rallies and hosted Trumpers for commentary. NOW they're all appalled?! Remember Shake and Bake Chicken commercials, Joe and Mika? Yeah, you helped.
:yeahthat: Which is why I wouldn't watch them. Until today. Today was the first time I ever had MSNBC on during their time slot (for some reason Mika wasn't (isn't?) there this morning (or anymore?).

I never found them to be very insightful anyway, so it's not that I really watched them before they put Trump on. But once they started fawning all over Trump that was just disgusting.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
much ado

Post by much ado »

Mrs ado and I are providing CNN with some feedback. It was her idea.

We used these dropdown selections...
Topic: Editorial Feedback

Then specify it is for the Trump Town Hall.

CNN Feedback link
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

please share with us what you said, if you like?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Here is what I posted. It's not very well written, but I'm working on lunch with mom, don't have time to clean it up. I think it's OK though.
It was irresponsible and frankly, insulting, to allow what basically became a "Trump Rally" on prime time CNN programming. It is well known that Donald Trump does not believe that any rules of decorum apply to him. Not only that, his supporters, which the audience was basically limited to, just LOVE the fact that Trump spews obnoxious lies and insulting opinions and egg him on. I would have no problem with a town hall involving Nikki Haley (who I cannot stand) or Asa Hutchinson (who I almost cannot stand). Or pretty much ANY other person running on the Republican ticket (most of whom I cannot stand). The reason I would have no problem is because they don't just spew poo like Donald Trump. In fact, I would have no problem if you put a monkey on air for 79 minutes doing nothing but throwing it's own do-do on stage, because at least that is acceptable behavior for a monkey.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:dance:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I sent in a CNN online feedback comment. Will it matter? Unlikely.
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyell ... 8e28b8325f
3.1 Million Viewers Watch CNN’s Trump Town Hall
Mark Joyella - Senior Contributor
May 11, 2023,02:30pm EDT

CNN took a rare ratings victory in prime time Wednesday night, with the network’s town hall featuring former President Donald Trump drawing 3.1 million viewers, according to early overnight Nielsen ratings. From 8 p.m. t0 9:15 p.m., CNN was the most-watched cable news network, more than doubling the ratings of Fox News (1.4 million viewers) and MSNBC (1.37 million viewers).

CNN held on to first place into the 9 p.m. ET hour, with an average audience of 2.03 million viewers, just ahead of Fox News Channel’s 1.93 million viewers and MSNBC’s 1.36 million viewers. By 10 p.m. ET, CNN had fallen back into its familiar third-place slot, delivering an audience of 1.2 million viewers, compared to MSNBC’s 1.6 million viewers and FNC’s 1.8 million viewers.

In the key demographic of adults 25-54, the group most valued by advertisers, CNN dominated the 8:00 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. ET time slot, with a total audience of 703,000 viewers. MSNBC was second with 155,000 viewers and Fox News was third with 125,000 viewers. At 9:00 ET, CNN dropped to 399,000 viewers but remained in first place, with Fox News in second with 194,000 viewers and MSNBC third with 155,000 viewers. At 10 p.m. ET CNN just barely edged out Fox News for first place with 238,000 viewers, followed by FNC (236,000 viewers) and MSNBC (142,000 viewers).
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’ll be watching the next week’s ratings to see how this changes. Disheartening to say the least if it climbs.

Licht is spinning this as ‘Now everyone has seen how terrible he still is. It’s good for Democracy’ :roll:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:06 pm I’ll be watching the next week’s ratings to see how this changes. Disheartening to say the least if it climbs.

Licht is spinning this as ‘Now everyone has seen how terrible he still is. It’s good for Democracy’ :roll:
Everyone didn't see how terrible he is. Maybe Licht watched a different Town Hall than I did, as much as I made it through, but there was a lot of applause and laughter (at inappropriate times, such as when tfg discussed E. Jean Carroll) from the crowd. Normalized. The least they could have done would be to have some non-supporters of tfg in the audience to balance out the crazies. It was basically a tfg rally on CNN. Which is bullshit.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

If it had been balanced, tfg wouldn't have come.

..Oh, wait...
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
much ado

Post by much ado »

SuzieC wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:40 pm please share with us what you said, if you like?
Mrs ado sent hers off right away, but we had a time-sensitive project to do, so I just got mine off.

Here's what I sent, for what it's worth.

I am frankly appalled.

CNN has allied itself squarely with the forces that seek to overturn democracy in the United States by broadcasting Trump's Town Hall to a national audience on May 10.

The Town Hall gave Trump a platform to continue spewing his lies and defamation with little opposition in front of an adoring audience.

The New York Times reports that CNN Chairman Mr. Licht has stated “I absolutely, unequivocally believe America was served very well by what we did last night. [...] And if someone was going to ask tough questions and have that messy conversation, it damn well should be on CNN.”

This is completely untrue. Few tough questions were asked. The forum was ineffective in rebutting his lies. The Town Hall was essentially an echo chamber for Trump, an infomercial magnifying the reach of his divisive and corrupt rhetoric.

CNN should be ashamed.

I expected better of you.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Right. Becasue people haven't been seeing how terrible he is for 8 fucking years now. [/sarcasm]
Hic sunt dracones
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Much Ado, excellent.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I saw this on discord and I honestly don't know who wrote it other than "a random reddit user." But it deserves to be read. Warning its lenghty and includes *shock* bad language. I'll throw it under a spoiler. basically you should just pick and choose from this when dealing with assholes, becasue its gone beyond a joke at this point.
► Show Spoiler
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Well, that was satisfying :smoking: :bighug:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

SuzieC wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:38 pm Much Ado, excellent.
:yeahthat:
--Colin Kaepernick
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:14 pm Well, that was satisfying :smoking: :bighug:
Yes that's what all the Women... don't say. :( :bag:
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:bighug: :bighug:
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

:biggrin:
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Narrator: He continued to violate evidence disclosure rules.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Lani

Post by Lani »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:14 pm Well, that was satisfying :smoking: :bighug:
That was great. I needed it!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump’s team revels in town hall victory as CNN staff rages at ‘spectacle of lies’
Questions also linger over what the network offered the ex-president in exchange for what some called a Trump infomercial

Hugo Lowell in Washington
Fri 12 May 2023 10.00 BST

Donald Trump believes he got everything that he wanted from the controversial town hall hosted by CNN, according to multiple people close to him, even as it embarrassed the network and prompted a wave of outrage, including from many of its own staff who were upset that it gave Trump a platform to lie to a large audience.

The former president was interested in doing a town hall mainly because it would give the campaign material to clip for social media. He was interested in doing it on CNN because the campaign reached an understanding – which a spokesperson denied – that it would book more Trump surrogates.

Trump was not particularly concerned by whether the broadcast would get high ratings, though he told CNN’s chief executive, Chris Licht, backstage that he would boost their ratings, to which Licht nodded and said he should have “a good conversation and have fun”, two of the people said.

Trump’s advisers saw the town hall ultimately as a strategic win for the former president, who revelled in playing off the live audience of Republican and Republican-leaning voters in New Hampshire, which is hosting the first 2024 GOP presidential primary, and talked over the CNN moderator, Kaitlan Collins, as she tried to factcheck him in real time.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/ ... taff-rages
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”