Religious Humour

AndyinPA
Verified:

Religious Humour

Post by AndyinPA »

IIRC, that's the Protestant version.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Religious Humour

Post by Suranis »

They just add "For thine is the Kingdom etc" The part before that is the same as I've always said. I think it sounds great, to be honest.

And lets just add some REAL "Christian rock..."

Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Religious Humour

Post by Foggy »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:47 am IIRC, that's the Protestant version.
That's because I was raised Episcopalian. :mrgreen:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Religious Humour

Post by bill_g »

much ado

Religious Humour

Post by much ado »

bill_g

Religious Humour

Post by bill_g »

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Religious Humour

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:08 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:47 am IIRC, that's the Protestant version.
That's because I was raised Episcopalian. :mrgreen:
Well, there's your problem.

It would also explain the Scotch, or other libation of your choice as we don't like to judge, except for crap beer, or improper swinging of the thurible, or sitting when you should stand or standing when you should kneel, or forgetting to properly genuflect or...
101010 :towel:
Suranis

Religious Humour

Post by Suranis »

X-posting

A priest, a Pentecostal preacher, and a rabbi all served as chaplains to the students of Northern Michigan University in Marquette. They would get together two or three times a week for coffee and to talk shop.

One day, someone made the comment that preaching to people wasn't really all that hard. A real challenge would be to preach to a bear. One thing led to another, and they decided to do an experiment. They would all go out into the woods, find a bear, preach to it, and attempt to convert it.

Seven days later, they all came together to discuss their experience.

Father Flannery, who had his arm in a sling, was on crutches, and had various bandages on his body and limbs, went first.

"Well," he said, "I went into the woods to find me a bear. And when I found him, I began to read to him from the Catechism. Well, that bear wanted nothing to do with me and began to slap me around. So I quickly grabbed my holy water, sprinkled him and, Holy Mary, Mother of God, he became as gentle as a lamb. The bishop is coming out next week to give him First Communion and Confirmation."

Reverend Billy Bob spoke next. He was in a wheelchair, had one arm and both legs in casts, and had an I.V. drip.

In his best fire-and-brimstone oratory, he proclaimed, "WELL, Brothers, you KNOW that we don't sprinkle! I went out and I FOUND me a bear. And then I began to read to my bear from God's HOLY WORD! But that bear wanted nothing to do with me. So I took HOLD of him and we began to wrestle. We wrestled down one hill, UP another and DOWN another until we came to a creek. So I quickly DUNKED him and BAPTIZED his hairy soul. And just like you said, he became as gentle as a lamb. We spent the rest of the day praising JEE-zus!"

The priest and the reverend both looked down at the rabbi, who was laying in a hospital bed. He was in a body cast and traction with I.V.s and monitors running in and out of him. He was in really bad shape.

The rabbi said, "Looking back on it, circumcision may not have been the best way to start."
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Religious Humour

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g

Religious Humour

Post by bill_g »

Suranis

Religious Humour

Post by Suranis »

babyjesus.jpg
babyjesus.jpg (80.22 KiB) Viewed 436 times
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Religion and Politics”