Another Shooting

Whatever4

Another Shooting

Post by Whatever4 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:09 am I drive down Bowdoin St in my town nearly every day.

Hi!
:kiss:
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Volkonski
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Volkonski »

Woodlands Elite cheerleaders shot after one got in wrong car in Texas H-E-B parking lot

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/neighb ... dium=email
A Woodlands Elite cheerleader said she was apologizing for trying to get in the wrong car when a man allegedly opened fire on a group of cheerleaders, wounding two at a Texas H-E-B parking lot early Tuesday morning. One person has been arrested in relation to the shooting.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Another Shooting

Post by raison de arizona »

Wow. He followed her back to her friend's car and then shot them both. Cheerleaders.
Man arrested after 2 Woodlands Elite cheerleaders were shot outside HEB near Austin, police say

Two members of an elite competitive cheerleading team in Oak Ridge were shot Tuesday morning after one of the athletes reportedly mistakenly tried to get into the wrong car after practice.

The four young women drove from the Round Rock area to Woodlands Elite Cheer Company in Oak Ridge three times each week for practice. They used the Elgin H-E-B as a carpool lot for the approximately 360-mile round-trip.

Just after midnight, cheerleader Heather Roth said she got out of her friend's car and opened the door to a vehicle she believed to be her own in the H-E-B parking lot.

Roth said there was a man sitting in the passenger seat, so she initially panicked, thinking a stranger was inside her car, and got back into her friend's vehicle.

When she noticed the man approach their vehicle, she said she rolled down the window to apologize, telling him she thought it was her car. Roth said the man threw up his hands, pulled out a gun, and started shooting
. ABC13 has verified the testimony with Bastrop County sources.
:snippity:
https://abc13.com/woodlands-elite-cheer ... /13150502/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by AndyinPA »

It's the wild west here now (which never really existed).
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Another Shooting

Post by neonzx »

Clearly a case where TX "stand your ground" law should apply. I know my first instinct if some teenage cheerleader got in my car would be grab my gun and shoot her and her friends. Totally acceptable in Texas.
Dave from down under

Another Shooting

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-20/ ... /102244688

Two teenage brothers from Alabama have been taken into custody and charged with murder over a shooting at a sixteenth birthday party that left four dead and 32 wounded.

Key points:
Prosecutors said the accused murderers would be charged as adults and they would ask the court to hold them without bail
Of the 32 people injured in the shooting, four remain in critical condition
Prosecutors expect to lay further charges and the accused are due to front a hearing again by Friday (local time)

The accused — Ty Reik McCullough, 17, and Travis McCullough, 16, both of Tuskegee — have been charged with four counts of reckless murder, Sergeant Jeremy Burkett of the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency said during a news conference.

"Make no mistake. This is Alabama and when you pull out a gun and you start shooting people, we're going to put you in jail," Sergeant Burkett said.

me: yeah but.... :shrug:
Alabama Stand Your Ground law is a section of the Criminal Code of Alabama that defines the legal requirements for the use of physical force or deadly force in self-defense or defense of a third person. The law does not require the person to retreat before using force, and gives a judge the ability to determine absolute immunity in civil and criminal prosecution. The law was passed in 2006, based on a similar law in Florida, and supported by the National Rifle Association and other gun rights groups. In 2022, a constitutional amendment was proposed to create a special Stand Your Ground law for churches in Lauderdale County only, which would require approval from both state and county voters
Phoenix520
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Phoenix520 »

This feels like a whole new category of shootings, all of a sudden. They’re not school or workplace or Walmart or church shootings, they’re because-I-wanna-and-I-can shootings. Wait-why-are-you-arresting-me? You-just-gave-me implicit-permission-to-do-this shootings.

Lord, we’re so screwed.
raison de arizona

Another Shooting

Piece. Of. Shit.:fuckyou:
Indianapolis father grieves the loss of 6-year-old son who accidentally shot himself
"Without him, I don't got myself, I don't feel right," said Billy Boyd, the father of 6-year-old Billy Mack, who accidentally shot himself Sunday afternoon.

INDIANAPOLIS — A child got ahold of a gun and accidentally shot himself Sunday afternoon on the east side of Indianapolis.

"I can't even tell him I love him no more. I can't even hold him no more," said Billy Boyd, the father of 6-year-old Billy Ray Mack II, who was killed.
"Without him, I don't got myself, I don't feel right. I can't sleep," Boyd said. "I'm trying to stay strong for my family and daughter and everything."

"It's disheartening for our community to have to deal with and digest," IMPD Officer Samone Burris said. "A family is affected today. A family's life has been changed forever, and unfortunately, it is because of a weapon, because of a gun."

"I feel like if I was at home, none of this stuff would've happened," Boyd said.

Boyd said he was at work at the time of the shooting, and Mack was at home with his mother. Boyd said the gun was out of reach of the child.

"She had it in a safe spot," [Narrator: It was not in a safe spot] Boyd said. "My daughter was in the house, she said he jumped from somewhere and grabbed it."

And Mack's father is still processing the tragic loss.

"He was a good kid. Some kids be on bad stuff. You've got to watch your kid," Boyd said. "Watch everything they do, especially boys."
https://www.wthr.com/article/news/crime ... e14cc721ca

You know where a safe spot is? In a gun safe. That's where a safe spot is. Not up on some shelf where you *think* your child can't reach it.

Assholes.

They have a GoFundMe linked in the story if you are more charitably inclined towards this guy than I am.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Another Shooting

They have only found evidence that pistols were used.

Gun control should be on all semi and full automatic weapons
and pistols
and concealed carry
and unsecured carry in public places
and..
it can be done - if Gunne is no longer regarded as Gward
raison de arizona

Another Shooting

SAPD: 6-month-old hospitalized after Far Northwest Side road rage incident

A 6-month-old child was hospitalized late Sunday night, April 16, after a road rage incident on San Antonio's Far Northwest Side resulted in gunfire, according to the San Antonio Police Department.

The two drivers allegedly began hitting each other with their vehicles several times in the 7600 block of Tezel Road around 9 p.m. on Sunday before they reportedly started shooting at each other. While no one was directly hit during the exchange, a 6-month-old child, who was riding in one vehicle with a woman, was injured by shrapnel, police said.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local ... 901284.php

Can you imagine playing road rage smash up derby and then having a shooting match with your 6-month-old in the car? Or even without?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Another Shooting

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:16 pm :snippity:

Can you imagine playing road rage smash up derby and then having a shooting match with your 6-month-old in the car? Or even without?
Yes I can....

But then again I went to the Mad Max School of Defensive Driving...

I'll come in again... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
chancery
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by chancery »

https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/20 ... very-story

From the Lawyers Guns & Money Blog
Two sides to every story

On the one hand, a teenager got shot twice through a locked door because he rang a doorbell while Black.

On the other (Comments are to a Fox News story on the incident):
There’s definitely 2 sides to this story. It’s terrible for this innocent kid and it’s a miracle he’s alive and I hope he can totally physically recover. I’m sure he will be haunted by this for life.

Then we have an elderly man getting out of bed @ 10 p.m. in a climate of robberies and murderers that are allowed to go basically unchecked with little or no bail.

We are scared out of our wits and for some of us we are in survivor mode. We read and hear every day about the open borders and the courts letting criminals roam our streets and defunding of police. We are on EDGE.

This entire incident is a tragedy from both viewpoints. My heart goes out to that kid. And I hope he can heal through his music and live in a better world than we have now.
Apparently the assailant is an 84-year-old man who told police he was “terrified” when he saw a “huge” black man turning the handle on one of the two [!] locked doors standing between himself and the terrified king of the castle (doctrine). The victim, a teenager who is less than six feet tall and weighs less than 170 pounds, says he didn’t touch the exterior door handle, not that that’s even relevant except in the heart of the paranoid swamp created by Fox News et. al.

As for all that out of control violent crime:

[Graph showing sharp decrease in violent crime reported in the United States from 1990 to 2021]

Note that these numbers aren’t even adjusted for the nation’s growing population, so the per capita trend is even more sharply downward over the past three decades.
Dave from down under

Another Shooting

Car Wars (1980) by Steve Jacksons games was very predictive.
raison de arizona

Another Shooting

Don't forget that after the scared gentlemen shot the teenager in the head and he was bleeding on ground, the gentleman put another round in him. Rittenhouse style.
Dave from down under

Another Shooting

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:47 pm Don't forget that after the scared gentlemen shot the teenager in the head and he was bleeding on ground, the gentleman put another round in him. Rittenhouse style.
The double tap is classic NRA approved "self defense" training. To ensure your victim cannot testify against you.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Another Shooting

Post by Frater I*I »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:49 pm :snippity:

The double tap is classic NRA approved "self defense" training. To ensure your victim cannot testify against you.
Goddamned armatures...

Had they received proper military training they'd know the correct way is two in the chest, and one in the computer...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
andersweinstein

Another Shooting

Post by andersweinstein »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:47 pm Don't forget that after the scared gentlemen shot the teenager in the head and he was bleeding on ground, the gentleman put another round in him. Rittenhouse style.
Rittenhouse did not shoot anyone on the ground. The prosecution never even claimed that. It is true Rittenhouse fired four times at Rosenbaum and that due to his position, one of the shots entered Rosenbaum's back. The four shots took place within .74 seconds as Rosenbaum ran at him hands outstetched, bent over nearly horizontal. The prosecution tried to get eyewitness Richie McGinnis to say that Rosenbaum was falling when Rittenhouse shot. But their witness did not go along; he said Rosenbaum was lunging and also that he was reaching for Rittenhouse's gun.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Slim Cognito »

I can't tell you how many times I've grabbed the door handle of a like-colored Nissan rogue in the parking lot. They're freaking everywhere. I guess I'm lucky I haven't been shot yet.

And fuck these assholes who think they're judge and jury.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Dave from down under

Another Shooting

Killer Kyle needed 4 shots to make sure his first kill was dead.

1st to break his bones so he was falling
2nd through the hand as he fell
Then 2 in the back to make sure his victim could never give evidence against Baby Face Sneeze Cry Killer Kyle, hero of those that want to get away with killing.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Another Shooting

Post by bill_g »

Regarding the cheerleader who mistakenly opened the wrong car door - clearly she retreated. The shooter followed her. AFAIK Texas SYG laws do not allow that.
Dave from down under

Another Shooting

bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:34 am Regarding the cheerleader who mistakenly opened the wrong car door - clearly she retreated. The shooter followed her. AFAIK Texas SYG laws do not allow that.
Ah - but he could try the Kyle defence… he feared that she was getting a gun from the friends car…

So he had to shoot them first.

Killer Kyle got away with it.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Another Shooting

Post by bill_g »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:01 am
Ah - but he could try the Kyle defence… he feared that she was getting a gun from the friends car…

So he had to shoot them first.

Killer Kyle got away with it.
[sarc]

Pedro Tello Rodriguez Jr needs to start over then. He's got the night time people hunting down, but he needs to shave almost a decade off his age. In fact he needs to time travel back in time to his birth and get some parents of European extraction. Then he needs to work on his baby face. He has to cross state lines. He needs an AK. And he needs a bunch of WP friends to back him up.

20/20 hindsight.

[/sarc]
RVInit

Another Shooting

Post by RVInit »

chancery wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:43 pm https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/20 ... very-story

From the Lawyers Guns & Money Blog
Two sides to every story

On the one hand, a teenager got shot twice through a locked door because he rang a doorbell while Black.

On the other (Comments are to a Fox News story on the incident):
There’s definitely 2 sides to this story. It’s terrible for this innocent kid and it’s a miracle he’s alive and I hope he can totally physically recover. I’m sure he will be haunted by this for life.

Then we have an elderly man getting out of bed @ 10 p.m. in a climate of robberies and murderers that are allowed to go basically unchecked with little or no bail.

We are scared out of our wits and for some of us we are in survivor mode. We read and hear every day about the open borders and the courts letting criminals roam our streets and defunding of police. We are on EDGE.

This entire incident is a tragedy from both viewpoints. My heart goes out to that kid. And I hope he can heal through his music and live in a better world than we have now.
Apparently the assailant is an 84-year-old man who told police he was “terrified” when he saw a “huge” black man turning the handle on one of the two [!] locked doors standing between himself and the terrified king of the castle (doctrine). The victim, a teenager who is less than six feet tall and weighs less than 170 pounds, says he didn’t touch the exterior door handle, not that that’s even relevant except in the heart of the paranoid swamp created by Fox News et. al.

As for all that out of control violent crime:

[Graph showing sharp decrease in violent crime reported in the United States from 1990 to 2021]

Note that these numbers aren’t even adjusted for the nation’s growing population, so the per capita trend is even more sharply downward over the past three decades.
This is why someone needs to sue Faux Spews regarding them constantly pushing this false narrative, which causes their audience to be in constant unnecessary fear, which makes them a serious danger to society. I don't know how it could be proven that most of these people watch Faux, but I'm convinced of it.

I watched my younger sister's whole personality change over the course of about 2 months after she married a Fox watcher. You can draw a line between her Facebook postings, it doesn't even seem to be the same person. She came to visit me when I lived on one of the preserves, way out in the country, nobody around and she freaked out when I started to go to bed with my doors unlocked. For crying out loud, I slept with doors and windows wide open when the weather allowed. Nobody drives 40 miles out to the country to commit a crime when there are thousands of homes they can break into within walking distance **. But she became afraid of her own freaking shadow after watching Fox for a short period of time. Not to mention that she now buys in to all their racist and religious zealotry. Un-freaking-recognizable, she is.

** OK, I know all about the Manson murders, yes, they travelled specifically to those country homes, but let's be real, I was a nobody living on a not well known preserve. Nobody was going to drive out there to do something to me.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Another Shooting

Post by RTH10260 »

Little Girl, Parents Shot After Basketball Rolls Into Neighbor’s Yard: Report

AJ McDougall
Thu, April 20, 2023 at 4:55 AM GMT+2·3 min read

A 6-year-old girl and her parents were injured by gunfire on Tuesday night after a basketball rolled down a residential street in North Carolina and into a man’s yard, enraging him, neighbors told WSOC-TV.

Witnesses told the station that the gunman ran up and down the street, firing until he ran out of bullets.

The Gaston County Police Department said Wednesday they were still hunting for the alleged gunman, identified as Robert Louis Singletary, a 24-year-old man described as “armed and dangerous.”

The young girl, Kinsley White, was hospitalized after being seriously wounded. She was released overnight, family members told Queen City News. Her father, William White, remains in the hospital.

“He came out with a gun, he started shooting,” Kinsley explained to the outlet. “Hope my daddy is OK.”

Her mother, Ashley Hilderbrand, was grazed by a bullet and treated at the scene. She told WSOC that she heard the gunman make a threat to her husband and daughter: “I’m going to kill you.”

He then chased them, firing, while William White tried to shield Kinsley, Hilderbrand said.

A fourth person was shot at but not injured, police said.

Singletary faces multiple charges, including four counts of first-degree attempted murder, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon.

In December, he was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend with what police described as a “mini sledgehammer.” He allegedly prevented her from leaving his apartment until she cleaned up the evidence of the assault. The woman was able to escape roughly two hours later.

https://news.yahoo.com/little-girl-pare ... 35069.html
(original: The Daily Beast)
Volkonski
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Volkonski »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/20/us/neigh ... index.html
A manhunt is underway near Charlotte, North Carolina, after a 6-year-old and her dad were seriously wounded when a neighbor reportedly began shooting after a basketball rolled into his yard – at least the fourth time this week an apparently ordinary blunder led to gun violence.

Suspect Robert Louis Singletary, 24, should be considered armed and dangerous, Gaston County Police said. He’s 6-foot-2 and about 223 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair.

Kids had been “playing basketball, and a ball had rolled down that way and had rolled into their yard and they went to go get it,” neighbor Jonathan Robertson told CNN affiliate WBTV.

“We never expected anybody would break a gun out amongst all those kids,” he said. “I mean that was insane.”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”