Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Suranis

Ron DeSantis

Post by Suranis »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:39 pm What is wrong with him? :mad: He seems to be losing it. This is easily as stupid as anything he’s ever said.

Even Rs have gotta be shaking their heads.
He's desperate, that's whats wrong. He knows 2024 is his one shot at being President. He knows he is second fiddle to C*nthulu at the moment. So he is going more extreme to move the Needle as it's this or nothing. He has nothing to lose.
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:54 pm
Gregg wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:10 pm .

As for sending inspectors, I'm positive the Disney is doing a better job of planned maintenance and inspection that anyone from the State is going to be able to do. At best they'll just be walking along as the Disney techs do what they're already doing. If he wants to be an asshole and do inspections during the day to close lines down, good luck, Meatball. If you think Disney lawyers have kicked you in the nuts, just wait until you see the Disney FastPass people, who already go a little nuts when an unexpected problem shuts a ride down that they have a reservation for. People plan their visits to the freaking minute, it's crazy.
Fun fact to work on the rides at Disney [or any of the others like Universal, ect] you have to have an FAA A&P certificate...
I have no recollection of Disney World having any ride mishaps/injuries. They are totally on their game.
The worst thing I recall in recent memory was years ago a young child being grabbed by a gator at one of the property resorts--and died. Certainly that problem was fixed so cannot occur again.
Volkonski
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Volkonski »

I recall a Disney World guest getting Ill from a freshwater bug of some sort decades ago.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Volkonski »

Here's an idea-

Disney's Prison Adventure.

Ride a Prison Bus to see real inmates. Eat prison food. Break rocks with real prison hammers.
;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
jemcanada2

Ron DeSantis

Post by jemcanada2 »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:21 pm Here's an idea-

Disney's Prison Adventure.

Ride a Prison Bus to see real inmates. Eat prison food. Break rocks with real prison hammers.
;)
Sing in a prison choir and have the number 1 song on iTunes! Singing ability optional. :lol: :lol:
RVInit

Ron DeSantis

Post by RVInit »

I worked at Walt Disney World throughout high school and during early college years, I was a ride operator. Safety, safety, safety was not only drilled into our heads constantly, we had to practice ride evacuations often, and the maintenance is crazy. As in every ride, every day, after closing hours. Every. Day. They have never had any injuries that involved any ride or attraction malfunction. DaSantis has gone completely bonkers. And is losing donors now, apparently.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:41 pm Disney should just shut down its Florida properties. Tell its then former employees to complain to DeSantis.
I was thinking the same thing. The state would lose big, but DeSantis, as the official representative of the state at the moment, is making it clear Florida really doesn't want them since Disney opposes his anti-gay efforts. I'd feel bad for the people who'd lose their jobs, but maybe Disney could find a friendlier state to open a new park in and offer to help current employees who are willing to transfer with at least some of the moving expenses or something.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

Nice thought, but they have way too much infrastructure to walk away. Also, realistically, where would they go? Which state would they extort where it's warm enough year round? Needs to be convenient for East Coasters, the whole reason for being in Florida.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Ron DeSantis

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:36 pm
Volkonski wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:41 pm Disney should just shut down its Florida properties. Tell its then former employees to complain to DeSantis.
I was thinking the same thing. The state would lose big, but DeSantis, as the official representative of the state at the moment, is making it clear Florida really doesn't want them since Disney opposes his anti-gay efforts. I'd feel bad for the people who'd lose their jobs, but maybe Disney could find a friendlier state to open a new park in and offer to help current employees who are willing to transfer with at least some of the moving expenses or something.
The full page ads of "Ron DeSantis wants to put almost half a million people out of work and take 75 billion dollars out of the state economy" kind of write themselves. (My source on that is a 2019 newspaper article that quotes the Oxford Economics Group, so I'm pretty sure it's in the ballpark)
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Ron DeSantis

Post by keith »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:00 am Nice thought, but they have way too much infrastructure to walk away. Also, realistically, where would they go? Which state would they extort where it's warm enough year round? Needs to be convenient for East Coasters, the whole reason for being in Florida.
Puerto Rico?

Cuber?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
keith

Ron DeSantis

Post by keith »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:16 pm I recall a Disney World guest getting Ill from a freshwater bug of some sort decades ago.
Measles outbreak at Disneyland?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Phoenix520
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Phoenix520 »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:36 pm :snippity:

Why is no one else pointing this out? DeSantis isn’t Florida, he’s just the temporary chair, in an aberrant era no less. The second or third governor on down the line might well be gay. Or (gasp) a liberal Democrat! Until fairly recently that wasn’t a shocking thought.

The current Florida mood is going to change when the tides start lapping higher at the edges.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

as seen by The Guardian
Ron DeSantis threatens prison near Disney theme park in latest retaliation
After being humiliated by its outgoing board, the Florida governor has hit upon another idea to punish the company

Richard Luscombe and agencies
Tue 18 Apr 2023 01.44 BST

Ron DeSantis has unveiled the latest act of retaliation against Disney for speaking out against his “don’t say gay” law: he’s threatening to build a new state prison next to the company’s central Florida theme parks.

The Republican governor dropped the suggestion at a hastily convened Monday lunchtime press conference, at which he laid out steps the state legislature would take to try to regain control over Florida’s largest private employer.

The move is the latest in an ongoing feud that began in March 2022 when Disney’s then chief executive Bob Chapek spoke out against a bill limiting discussion of sexuality and gender identity in Florida elementary school classrooms, dubbed the “don’t say gay” law.

DeSantis attempted to seize power over Disney in February by firing its controlling board and installing a handpicked board of Republican allies, including one who helped craft the education bill.

But the hard-right governor, a likely candidate for his party’s 2024 presidential nomination, found himself humiliated in March when it emerged that the outgoing board, in a final act of defiance, made an agreement to hand over control to the company itself.

Smarting from that move, DeSantis on Monday denounced the agreement as a legally unsound “sham”, and announced a new measure that would return control of the special district that is home to Disney World to a state oversight board run by the governor’s appointees.

Among other things, the new measures include passing authority for the inspection of theme park rides and transportation to the state, increasing Disney’s tax burden, and giving the newly constituted board the power to decide how to develop land adjacent to Disney’s theme parks. DeSantis suggested that the new board could take other actions with Disney’s 27,000 acres (10,926 hectares) in central Florida, such as building a state park, a competing theme park or a prison.

“I think the possibilities are endless,” DeSantis said.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... theme-park
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Ron DeSantis

Post by bill_g »

Now now honey-child. It don't make no nevermind.
Attachments
Rhonda Santi.jpg
Rhonda Santi.jpg (165.23 KiB) Viewed 599 times
keith

Ron DeSantis

Post by keith »

I've always loved that phrase...

It don't make no nevermind.

Beautifully nonsensical and perfectly to the point.
bill_g

Ron DeSantis

Post by bill_g »

The Stupid in Flawduh gets stronger with each passing day. Now Rhonda is pissing off the police. That boy makes as much sense as a left handed hammer.

Florida DJI drone ban grounds $200m fleet and angers police and state officials

April 17 2023

A law, backed by Florida governor (and US Presidential hopeful) Ron DeSantis, banning the use of Chinese drones in Florida has gone into force, grounding millions of dollars worth of police and state-service-owned drones overnight.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just for fun

CNN panelists react to Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis floating the idea of building a competing theme park next to Disney World in Orlando.
ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

bill_g wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:18 am The Stupid in Flawduh gets stronger with each passing day. Now Rhonda is pissing off the police. That boy makes as much sense as a left handed hammer.

Florida DJI drone ban grounds $200m fleet and angers police and state officials

April 17 2023

A law, backed by Florida governor (and US Presidential hopeful) Ron DeSantis, banning the use of Chinese drones in Florida has gone into force, grounding millions of dollars worth of police and state-service-owned drones overnight.
Has it ever occurred to anyone in the Republican caucus in Florida that maybe they should do a little research before they crash blindly into the sun?

(Rhetorical question. Of course they havent..)
ImageImageImage x4
bill_g

Ron DeSantis

Post by bill_g »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:48 am
Has it ever occurred to anyone in the Republican caucus in Florida that maybe they should do a little research before they crash blindly into the sun?

(Rhetorical question. Of course they havent..)
Everything in Flawduh is pay-2-play. So, somebody is makin munknee offa this.

Or somebody was makin munknee and they quit giving Rhonda her vig. That's not good.

But of course, yall can't say nuthin nor axe no queschuns cuz it's illegal to criticize legislators now. Or did that little bitty law die of natural causes? I don't recall. Y'alls politicians have been bizzy crankin out new rules like paper was free and ink don't wash off. Hard to keep up, ya hear?
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

Victor Shi @Victorshi2020 wrote: Wow. Ron DeSantis messed with Disney & it's not working. Right after DeSantis said he'll build a prison next to Disney today, they announced they'll be launching Pride Nite which will celebrate the LGBTQ+ community & allies. Disney shows us exactly how to respond to a bully.

I mean, look at this. They really just stuck a middle finger in Ron DeSantis's face and I am all here for it. Ron DeSantis will never win — especially when it involves Disney and young people. This is absolutely incredible & glorious.
Disney @Disney wrote: The first-ever Disneyland After Dark: Pride Nite is coming to @Disneyland during Pride Month in June! This separately ticketed event celebrating the LGBTQIA+ community & allies will have themed entertainment, Disney characters, specialty menu items & more: http://di.sn/6011Oz0rP
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
much ado

Ron DeSantis

Post by much ado »

I hope they announce a new section of Disney World: "Disney's Magical Woke Kingdom", where all creatures coexist.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Ron DeSantis

Post by Ben-Prime »

I mean, the Disney Corporation takes it in the high two digit billions a year of revenue, within striking distance of the entire State of Florida. So there's going to be a decent quality *and quality* of lawyers it can afford to bring to the table on any fight. I'm assuming DeSantis is gambling on the notion that even if he loses a court battle, he can spin it accordingly as David v Goliath even though it's more like Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:18 pm
Victor Shi @Victorshi2020 wrote: Wow. Ron DeSantis messed with Disney & it's not working. Right after DeSantis said he'll build a prison next to Disney today, they announced they'll be launching Pride Nite which will celebrate the LGBTQ+ community & allies. Disney shows us exactly how to respond to a bully.

I mean, look at this. They really just stuck a middle finger in Ron DeSantis's face and I am all here for it. Ron DeSantis will never win — especially when it involves Disney and young people. This is absolutely incredible & glorious.
Disney @Disney wrote: The first-ever Disneyland After Dark: Pride Nite is coming to @Disneyland during Pride Month in June! This separately ticketed event celebrating the LGBTQIA+ community & allies will have themed entertainment, Disney characters, specialty menu items & more: http://di.sn/6011Oz0rP
Isn't DisneyLAND the one in California? Unless they're planning to do the same at DisneyWorld in FL, it doesn't seem like that much of a poke at DeSantis
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:26 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:18 pm

Isn't DisneyLAND the one in California? Unless they're planning to do the same at DisneyWorld in FL, it doesn't seem like that much of a poke at DeSantis
It is, good point.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:26 pm
Yes, Disneyland is in SoCal. Disney World in Orlando,FL has had a "gay" day forever but this DisneyLand event is different with a separately ticketed event. All Disney properties are LGBTQ friendly year round though.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”