Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Ron DeSantis

Post by poplove »

When he says women need to provide PROOF of rape, does he mean a portion of the penis, or the entire thing?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

poplove wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:48 pm
When he says women need to provide PROOF of rape, does he mean a portion of the penis, or the entire thing?
https://twitter.com/CapitolHillTour/sta ... 5851747329
:snippity:
Documentation can include a restraining order, police report, medical record or other evidence.
:snippity:
https://people.com/health/rape-incest-v ... rtion-ban/

Because that is always at the top of mind for a rape victim, getting documentation.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Ron DeSantis

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Has Meatball even been to Florida since he got reelected? :think:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Gregg wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:40 pm Has Meatball even been to Florida since he got reelected? :think:
Yes, yes he has. He worries me far more than tfg. DeSantis is actually well educated (education does not make one a stable human). I and others here have been warning of DeSantis for some time.
pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:03 pm
Gregg wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:40 pm Has Meatball even been to Florida since he got reelected? :think:
Yes, yes he has. He worries me far more than tfg. DeSantis is actually well educated (education does not make one a stable human). I and others here have been warning of DeSantis for some time.
Yep, my only consolation is that he seems unlikeable. That might not stop GOPers from holding their noses and voting for him.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:17 pm
Yep, my only consolation is that he seems unlikeable. That might not stop GOPers from holding their noses and voting for him.
...in the primary. I don't think he can appeal to independents when it really counts. GOPers can't elect him by themselves in the general.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Ron DeSantis

Post by Suranis »

I've actually just heard DeSantis's voice for the first time by watching that video. Good grief. The guy sounds like Richard Simmons. He could curdle milk.

I had the impression he sounded like a mafia hood or something. Instead I was going, "what the heck?"
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

What Neon said. I've been telling friends that I'm terrified of DeSantis getting the nomination because I think he could win*. I'm still rooting that Trump gets it and he's right in the middle of a criminal trial when the election finally rolls around.

* The media two-siding everything.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

I'm not really worried. The economy is good and getting better, which is always important. But more importantly I really think the Republican Party is in the early stages of self destructing. If Trump doesn't get the nomination he'll burn the party down in spite. Trump was never a Republican, he just hijacked the party when it was convenient. No Republican can win without Trump's blessing, which is only going to Trump, who can't win.

If DeSantis was half as smart as everyone says, he'd sit out an election, let Trump go down in flames and do what Nixon did after Goldwater, come along as the sane one to save the party. But he's not, he has a lust for power so bad he can taste it and he might be afraid that what he's done to Florida might collapse in a pile of fail before then and he doesn't look so good anymore. Or the party could regain some sanity after an epic Trump loss, and again, the guys who built themselves up being some other version of Trump won't look very promising.

I think they'll all resort to cannibalism before 2028 and I am here for it. :popcorn:

pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

Gregg wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:29 pm No Republican can win without Trump's blessing, which is only going to Trump, who can't win.
Famous last words from 2016...

No sane Republican would be doing their best to drive a state's huge, iconic employer elsewhere or to shut them down. That's nuts.
neonzx

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Suranis wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:32 am I've actually just heard DeSantis's voice for the first time by watching that video. Good grief. The guy sounds like Richard Simmons. He could curdle milk.

I had the impression he sounded like a mafia hood or something. Instead I was going, "what the heck?"
I don't hear the Richard Simmons voice on him. But I do see short-man Napoleon complex with him.
SuzieC
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by SuzieC »

Gregg wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:29 pm I'm not really worried. The economy is good and getting better, which is always important. But more importantly I really think the Republican Party is in the early stages of self destructing. If Trump doesn't get the nomination he'll burn the party down in spite. Trump was never a Republican, he just hijacked the party when it was convenient. No Republican can win without Trump's blessing, which is only going to Trump, who can't win.

If DeSantis was half as smart as everyone says, he'd sit out an election, let Trump go down in flames and do what Nixon did after Goldwater, come along as the sane one to save the party. But he's not, he has a lust for power so bad he can taste it and he might be afraid that what he's done to Florida might collapse in a pile of fail before then and he doesn't look so good anymore. Or the party could regain some sanity after an epic Trump loss, and again, the guys who built themselves up being some other version of Trump won't look very promising.

I think they'll all resort to cannibalism before 2028 and I am here for it. :popcorn:
Love this take Gregg. YEAH, cannibalism!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

Abortion bans raise fears inside GOP about backlash in 2024

STEVE PEOPLES and ANTHONY IZAGUIRRE
Sat, April 15, 2023 at 6:27 AM GMT+2

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — As a new election season begins, the Republican Party is struggling to navigate the politics of abortion.

Allies for leading presidential candidates concede that their hardline anti-abortion policies may be popular with the conservatives who decide primary elections, but they could ultimately alienate the broader set of voters they need to win the presidency.

The conflict is unfolding across America this week, but nowhere more than Florida, where Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis signed into law one of the nation's toughest abortion bans late Thursday. If the courts ultimately allow the new measure to take effect, it will soon be illegal for Florida women to obtain an abortion after six weeks of pregnancy, which is before most realize they're pregnant.

Even before he signed the law, DeSantis' team was eager to highlight his willingness to fight for, and enact, aggressive abortion restrictions. The Florida governor's position stands in sharp contrast, they say, with some Republican White House hopefuls — most notably former President Donald Trump — who are downplaying their support for anti-abortion policies for fear they may ultimately alienate women or other swing voters in the 2024 general election.

"Unlike Trump, Gov. DeSantis doesn’t back down from defending the lives of innocent unborn babies,” said Erin Perrine, a spokesperson for DeSantis’ super PAC, when asked about Florida's six-week ban.

DeSantis’ latest policy victory in the nation’s third most populous state offers a new window into the Republican Party’s sustained political challenges on the explosive social issue. In recent days alone, Republican leaders across Iowa, New Hampshire and Washington have struggled to answer nagging questions about their opposition to the controversial medical procedure as GOP-controlled state legislatures rush to enact a wave of new abortion restrictions.

Recent electoral results suggest that voters aren't pleased.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/abortion-ban ... 48173.html
RVInit

Ron DeSantis

Post by RVInit »

:winner:
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

Phoenix520
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Phoenix520 »

What is wrong with him? :mad: He seems to be losing it. This is easily as stupid as anything he’s ever said.

Even Rs have gotta be shaking their heads.
Volkonski
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Volkonski »

Disney should just shut down its Florida properties. Tell its then former employees to complain to DeSantis.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

That's an amazingly stupid statement. :eek:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

Fuck that fucking fucker and then fuck him again.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
neonzx

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

He is another "stable genius". :roll:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Ron DeSantis

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

He’s in one upmanship mode.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:41 pm Disney should just shut down its Florida properties. Tell its then former employees to complain to DeSantis.
Yeah, but they've already taken money from people months or years in advance. Not just park fees, hotel deposits and meal plans, but they are trying to encourage guests to go cashless with a wristband loaded payment system and gift cards. I would bet off hand that they probably have at least a billion in the bank for people coming next month or later. Which is making them even more money in interest earned.

As for sending inspectors, I'm positive the Disney is doing a better job of planned maintenance and inspection that anyone from the State is going to be able to do. At best they'll just be walking along as the Disney techs do what they're already doing. If he wants to be an asshole and do inspections during the day to close lines down, good luck, Meatball. If you think Disney lawyers have kicked you in the nuts, just wait until you see the Disney FastPass people, who already go a little nuts when an unexpected problem shuts a ride down that they have a reservation for. People plan their visits to the freaking minute, it's crazy.

johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Ron DeSantis

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Kendra wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:36 pm
Small problem: the prison business model depends on lots of cheap real estate out in the middle of nowhere. Cheap land because of the need to be able to expand over time, and in the middle of nowhere so they can pay the crappy salaries that prison guards make. The land right next to Disney is probably the most expensive in the state other than waterfront lots in Palm Beach. And they would never be able to hire staff. Disney knows he's bluffing with an empty hand there. And selective prosecution via sending in ride inspectors would never stand up if it were allowable nder the original or revised Reedy Creek operating agreements.

DeSantis is shooting blanks and Disney knows it. Also, he's got to face some of his legislators from rural areas like Dixie County (where the late, unlamented Terry Trussell made his pointless stand) who really want prison projects to drive some measure of developments in their otherwise bleak futures. They're going to be hopping mad that he is talking about spending spend top dollar to put a prison in the middle of a blue area when their loyal red voters need jobs, even crappy prison guard ones. One prison in Orlando would cost the same as a couple dozen prisons out in the sticks.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Ron DeSantis

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:10 pm .

As for sending inspectors, I'm positive the Disney is doing a better job of planned maintenance and inspection that anyone from the State is going to be able to do. At best they'll just be walking along as the Disney techs do what they're already doing. If he wants to be an asshole and do inspections during the day to close lines down, good luck, Meatball. If you think Disney lawyers have kicked you in the nuts, just wait until you see the Disney FastPass people, who already go a little nuts when an unexpected problem shuts a ride down that they have a reservation for. People plan their visits to the freaking minute, it's crazy.
Fun fact to work on the rides at Disney [or any of the others like Universal, ect] you have to have an FAA A&P certificate...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”