For the computer geeks, some news about our server. What the heck is AlmaLinux?

You never know, something important could happen.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I know what some of that means. :?

They oughta sell these mechanical keyboards as geezer friendly, not just for gaming.

The good ones (I didn't even buy a top-of-the-line product) are made of metal, very solid and sturdy. This one has a solid aluminium top plate and floating switches for easy cleaning. It is extremely easy to use, and it has backlit keys, easy to see day or night.

The keys are tested for up to fifty million keypresses, which is probably enough to get me through the rest of the year. :?
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

You do understand that you can press the keys with your fingers, Foggy? You don't have to bang on the keys with a hammer in each hand!
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I just found out tha M$soft still makes the Ergo 4000, just in an updated trim. I probably won't find it at my local bricks and morter, but it looks pretty reasonable on the M$soft online store.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:07 pm You do understand that you can press the keys with your fingers, Foggy? You don't have to bang on the keys with a hammer in each hand!
Yeah, well when I get my shoulder surgery in 20 days (but nobody's counting), I'll only be able to hold one hammer, and then you'll be sorry!

It's not even easy, finding a hammer that can hit just one key.

The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

The first thing I have to do is teach myself what I have to do, which starts by reading the cPanel deprecation plan, which is about where our server is going and what has been deprecated and/or removed from cPanel and WHM. It's not too lengthy and seems fairly straightforward.

Next, however, is the big one: How to Move All cPanel Accounts from One Server to Another. Because AlmaLinux is, yes, basically a new server, and I will have a whole new cPanel and WHM installation, but that's a lengthy document and if I mess it up I don't have any websites at all, not even Fogbow. :(

But that's this week's project. Gotta get it done, and probably implement it next Sunday.
Edit: I love how AlmaLinux is totally free - to my hosting company - but I'm the one who has to learn how to implement it, and I pay a pretty penny to InMotion Hosting to use their server. But I like learning new stuff, so this is not going to be painful in any regard. Unless I mess it up, of course, in which case I shall flee to Kenya or Costa Rica or someplace and you'll never find me.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Off Topic
Take it easy Foggy --- Hawai'i will do it for you. Remember all those birthers that sent delegations to that location to uncover the truth - all the truth and nothing but the truth - and are hiding their findings so well from us ;) Even the former guy could't reveal the unspeakable truth his investigators found on the islands.
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Announcements”