The Stupid Thread

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

The Stupid Thread

Post by neonzx »

Thank you for making me lookup who that Seth *blue check* person. This totally belonged here in the Stupid Thread...
CEO @freedomspeaksup & http://ConservativeBody.com On a mission to help conservatives unlearn the Gov lies about food, lose weight, & get in shape!
Nobody that is selling you beer is trying to help you get in shape.
Phoenix520
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

:lol:
OTOH I just read an article in the Atlantic about ice cream being the secret to not developing diabetes and in the article he quotes a guy who went on a 100 day diet -2000 calories from ice cream only + 500 calories protein supplements and booze, quantity unspecified. He lost 32 lbs, had better blood work that when he started - but described it as feeling more miserable than any other diet he’s ever been on.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

neonzx wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:34 am Thank you for making me lookup who that Seth *blue check* person. This totally belonged here in the Stupid Thread...
CEO @freedomspeaksup & http://ConservativeBody.com On a mission to help conservatives unlearn the Gov lies about food, lose weight, & get in shape!
Nobody that is selling you beer is trying to help you get in shape.
All the light beer guys advertising on teevee would disagree. According to them you can finish the marathon, or paddle across the finish line, or rally over course, and then find yourself drinking their refreshing beverage with all your friends.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

The Stupid Thread

Post by keith »

Heck, you can't even FIND "light beer" in Australia anymore.

SWMBO is always asking me to get her light beer, but bottle shops don't stock it because nobody buys it.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

The Stupid Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

Sorry not sorry?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

The Stupid Thread

Post by Suranis »

"Thanks for the free advertising, bitches!"

This is the "massive hit to the stock market price" people are arguing about.

From https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/04/14/ ... ser-busch/

Ya, AB are laughing their heads off at this crap.

A Pox on everyone's house on this one.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

The Stupid Thread

Post by Suranis »

"If you are going to spend over $2000 on a Sex doll... why?"

336671830_765394371865218_4095188271671874731_n(2).jpg
336671830_765394371865218_4095188271671874731_n(2).jpg (45.39 KiB) Viewed 2329 times
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

At least have the puppet get his precedential tie knotted up properly :blackeye:
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

The Stupid Thread

Post by poplove »

I doubt that guy ever served in the military. Seems like he's impersonating a officer with those captain bars on his lapel. Stolen valor??
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

The Stupid Thread

Post by Frater I*I »

poplove wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:02 pm I doubt that guy ever served in the military. Seems like he's impersonating a officer with those captain bars on his lapel. Stolen valor??
Ruled unconstitutional under first amendment grounds...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
humblescribe
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by humblescribe »

Suranis wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:04 am "If you are going to spend over $2000 on a Sex doll... why?"

336671830_765394371865218_4095188271671874731_n(2).jpg
Yabbut he can now drive in the carpool lane and fool the police.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Phoenix520
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

:eek: That’s Gregg’s friend guy.
MN-Skeptic

The Stupid Thread

Post by MN-Skeptic »

:lol:

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

The Stupid Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

Surprised they admitted it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx

The Stupid Thread

Post by neonzx »

:biggrin: :lol: There is the Google, buddy. Glad he was almost proud of himself. :rotflmao:
Volkonski
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by Volkonski »

Anheuser-Busch facilities face threats after Bud Light backlash

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/20/business ... index.html
Several Anheuser-Busch facilities received threats last week, a company spokesperson confirmed, following weeks of backlash against Bud Light because it sponsored two Instagram posts from a transgender woman.

“The safety of our employees is always our top priority,” the company spokesperson said in a statement to CNN. “We worked quickly with local law enforcement to ensure the security of our people and our facilities.”

The spokesperson did not share specific locations that had been threatened, but the Los Angeles police department told CNN that it responded to a bomb threat and conducted a sweep of an Anheuser-Busch brewery in the Van Nuys neighborhood last week.

A pair of Instagram posts by influencer Dylan Mulvaney sparked a mix of online backlash and support and became a target in conservative media. The company’s response, a vague pro-unity statement from the CEO that did not mention Mulvaney or the Instagram posts, has been criticized as weak, angering some trans advocates and failing to mollify some anti-trans critics.

But threats of physical violence have taken the incident to a dangerous new level, one that may alarm companies navigating their own marketing campaigns.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

as it happens:
Belgium crushes 2,000 cans of Miller High Life over ‘champagne of beers’ slogan
Comité Champagne asks for destruction of shipment on grounds Miller High Life’s motto infringes champagne’s protected origin

Associated Press in Brussels
Fri 21 Apr 2023 21.27 BST

The guardians of champagne will let no one take the name of the bubbly beverage in vain, not even a US beer behemoth.

For years, Miller High Life has used the “Champagne of Beers” slogan. This week, it became clear that for some the name has became impossible to swallow.

At the request of the trade body defending the interests of houses and growers of the north-eastern French sparkling wine, Belgian customs crushed more than 2,000 cans of Miller High Life advertised as such.

The Comité Champagne asked for the destruction of a shipment of 2,352 cans on the grounds that the century-old motto used by the American brewery infringes the protected designation of origin “Champagne”.

The consignment was intercepted in the Belgian port of Antwerp in early February, a spokesperson at the Belgian Customs Administration said on Friday, and was destined for Germany.

Molson Coors Beverage Co, which owns the Miller High Life brand, does not currently export it to the EU, and Belgian customs declined to say who had ordered the beers.

The buyer in Germany “was informed and did not contest the decision”, the trade organization said in a statement.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2023/a ... e-problems
sugar magnolia

The Stupid Thread

Post by sugar magnolia »

Do we have to stop saying "Champagne tastes on a beer budget" too?
tek

The Stupid Thread

Post by tek »

In 1906, Frederick Miller came up with a premium beer and held a contest to name it. With its high level of carbonation and clear color, similar to that of Champagne, the winning name that was chosen was Miller High Life, with the slogan, “The Champagne of Bottled Beer.”
Volkonski
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by Volkonski »

After most beer sales were switched to aluminum cans Mad Magazine did a spoof ad for a beer nicknamed-

"The Campaign to bring back Bottled Beer." ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

The Stupid Thread

Post by poplove »

tek wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:45 pm
In 1906, Frederick Miller came up with a premium beer and held a contest to name it. With its high level of carbonation and clear color, similar to that of Champagne, the winning name that was chosen was Miller High Life, with the slogan, “The Champagne of Bottled Beer.”
I still remember the song jingle from their TV commercials when I was a kid.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

The Stupid Thread

Post by northland10 »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:27 am as it happens:
Belgium crushes 2,000 cans of Miller High Life over ‘champagne of beers’ slogan
This beer snob fails to see a bad or even stupid thing here. They are doing the world a favor.
Volkonski wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:10 pm After most beer sales were switched to aluminum cans Mad Magazine did a spoof ad for a beer nicknamed-

"The Campaign to bring back Bottled Beer." ;)
I'm not sure I am fond of craft brewers doing mainly cans now but I usually don't have things sit around too long and I never drink out of the bottle, or can, so it may not really matter. I do have to move to a place with a larger kitchen (or a bar) so I have more room for my collection of beer glassware. To drink an ale in the wrong style of glass is a mortal sin. It would also give me room for a separate beer fridge so I can stop having various ales at too cold a temperature.

I think most barrel-aged stouts are using bottles which is good since they are ones some folks might want to let age.
101010 :towel:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by Kriselda Gray »

northland10 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:37 pm It would also give me room for a separate beer fridge so I can stop having various ales at too cold a temperature.
You sound like you might know this :) What's the difference between beer and ale?
neonzx

The Stupid Thread

Post by neonzx »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:39 am
northland10 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:37 pm It would also give me room for a separate beer fridge so I can stop having various ales at too cold a temperature.
You sound like you might know this :) What's the difference between beer and ale?
Well, ale is simply a style of beer, so still beer. BUT, unlike piss-water lager (think Budweiser) which tastes horrible unless it is very cold -- with ales, a warmer temp allows the flavor and taste to work as you drink. Northland wants a separate fridge for his ales so they are not chilled excessively.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by Kriselda Gray »

neonzx wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:52 am
Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:39 am
Well, ale is simply a style of beer, so still beer. BUT, unlike piss-water lager (think Budweiser) which tastes horrible unless it is very cold -- with ales, a warmer temp allows the flavor and taste to work as you drink. Northland wants a separate fridge for his ales so they are not chilled excessively.
OK, cool - thanks!

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”