Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Ron DeSantis

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:56 pm You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"

and the worst of all, "Never screw with Disney Lawyers".

Which is so true that I checked that none of the quotes or image I used belonged to Disney, which both are and now I am hiding behind a phalanx of Assault Dachshunds.
You don't [expletive deleted] with the Mouse....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

Florida school pulls anti-racism film Ruby Bridges after parent complaint
Elementary school in Tampa area withdraws screenings of Disney film that tells story of black student in segregated 1960s

Edward Helmore
Tue 28 Mar 2023 15.51 BST

Disney’s anti-racism film Ruby Bridges is the subject of a complaint brought by a Florida parent who claims the movie is not appropriate for second-graders, because it might teach them that “white people hate Black people”.

The film, which tells the story of a six-year-old girl who integrated New Orleans schools in the 1960s, has been a staple of school curriculums during Black History Month in the state’s Tampa-area county of Pinellas.

The complaint over the film about Ruby Bridges, the first Black child to integrate into a white school, comes as parents across Florida have been granted greater powers over what their children are shown and taught in classrooms, including being given advance warning over “controversial” topics.

It was reported last week that the principal of a school in Tallahassee, Florida, had been pressured to resign after an image of Michelangelo’s David, which sits in the Galleria dell’Accademia in Florence, was shown to a sixth-grade art class.

Earlier this year, a controversy erupted over Toni Morrison’s novel The Bluest Eye, which includes a father-daughter rape scene, after a parent complained. Pinellas school officials withdrew the book and directed schools to “err on the side of caution” when selecting literature for students.

Emily Conklin, the North Shore elementary school parent who filed the instructional and media material objection to Ruby Bridges, cited several racial slurs in the film, including a scene where adults scream, “I’m going to hang you!”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -complaint
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

Ruby Bridges: how a 90s Disney movie about racism caused a culture war
A 1998 TV movie about school segregation has led to a white mother worrying about her child feeling guilty about racism

Andrew Lawrence
Mon 3 Apr 2023 20.10 BST

Before the made-for-TV film Ruby Bridges made its ABC network premiere on the Sunday night of Martin Luther King weekend in 1998, a taped address from the White House set the tone.

Disney CEO Michael Eisner overviewed the 1954 supreme court decision that cleared a path for this six-year-old Black girl to begin integrating in New Orleans public schools in 1960, and nodded at the protests and violence Bridges and other school integration pioneers triggered nationwide. President Bill Clinton recalled his whitewashed Arkansas childhood, noting that he never went to school with a person of another race until attending college at Georgetown. “We’ve come a long way since 1954,” Clinton remarked, “but we still have a long way to go. Perhaps the greatest lesson we can learn from Ruby Bridges is that every one of us has the power to stand up against injustice and stand up to the ideals that make America great.” But in a sign of the times, that’s no longer the prevailing mood now.

Last month, a white woman named Emily Conklin filed a formal complaint with the Pinellas county school in Florida, exempting her second-grade daughter from watching the film at St Petersburg’s North Shore elementary, where she is a student. Tipped off by “a permission slip that was sent home”, Conklin discloses that after pre-screening the “first 50 minutes of the movie” she objected to the film using the words “negro” and “nigga”, one depiction of a “child putting a noose around a dolls [sic] neck” and “adults screaming ‘I’m going to hang you.’” She fears the film might teach kids how to be racist.

Last week Pinellas school officials responded by banning the film at North Shore pending reassessment from a review committee. According to a district spokesperson, Conklin’s complaint prompted two other families to opt their kids out of seeing the film.

But even as it remains available within the district’s other school libraries, there is a fear that it could be the latest casualty in the sprawling political push to ban any content that could be deemed “too woke” by the state. Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eye, biographies about baseball trailblazers Hank Aaron and Roberto Clemente, Black history lessons that were once state-mandated have suddenly come up for discussion under Florida’s Stop Woke Act, a 2022 law that essentially prohibits history lessons that has white guilt as a takeaway.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/a ... ar-florida
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Flatpoint High »

welcome.png
welcome.png (429.2 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Ron DeSantis

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/democ ... smsnnews11
LGBTQNation
Democrats troll Ron DeSantis with calls to ban his own book from Florida schools
Story by LGBTQNation • Yesterday 12:30 PM

Florida Democrats have launched a campaign to ban Gov. Ron DeSantis‘s (R) own book from public schools in an effort to call attention to the vague and discriminatory state laws that have led school libraries to pull books from their shelves.

These pieces of legislation have fueled the removal of books about race and LGBTQ+ issues – even ones as innocent as a biography of baseball icon Roberto Clemente and And Tango Makes Three, a children’s picture book about two male penguins who adopt a chick.

“The very trap that he set for others is the one that he set for himself,” state House Minority Leader Fentrice Driskell (D) told the Daily Beast.

In their petitions to schools against DeSantis’s book, Democrats have pointed to the fact that he repeatedly uses the terms “gender ideology” and “woke,” despite the fact that he does not believe “divisive concepts” should be allowed in school curricula.

They also point out that he mentions systemic racism and includes descriptions of violence, both of which could violate state law.

DeSantis’s book is not likely available in many school districts, but as the Daily Beast points out, the campaign to ban it is in part an effort to show how the vague language in the law can lead to its abuse.

Driskell also said the effort is an attempt to highlight what the entire country could be dealing with should DeSantis run for president.

“If America doesn’t want Florida’s present reality to become America’s future reality, people need to know what it’s like here. This is our way of fighting back, but also highlighting how ridiculous some of this becomes, right?”
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

Look who has come to Sarasota to speak at beleaguered New College, which is being systematically destroyed by Desantis’s Hillsdale College mafia.
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:53 am
The company that I used to own that made performance transmissions and parts was very involved in the building of that truck. Bob, the guy who now owns it and the company that bought me out, is friends with the "Mayor of Magaville" who is, well, he has the worst beard look of anyone I've ever seen, he looks kind of like a deformed Samoan with a little too white crowns on his teeth.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Phoenix520 »

He looks stoned out of his mind :lol:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Gregg wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:05 pm The company that I used to own that made performance transmissions and parts was very involved in the building of that truck. Bob, the guy who now owns it and the company that bought me out, is friends with the "Mayor of Magaville" who is, well, he has the worst beard look of anyone I've ever seen, he looks kind of like a deformed Samoan with a little too white crowns on his teeth.
Oh he is a keeper, for sure. And he enhanced his appearance with facial tats.
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slarti the White »

neonzx wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:31 pm
Gregg wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:05 pm The company that I used to own that made performance transmissions and parts was very involved in the building of that truck. Bob, the guy who now owns it and the company that bought me out, is friends with the "Mayor of Magaville" who is, well, he has the worst beard look of anyone I've ever seen, he looks kind of like a deformed Samoan with a little too white crowns on his teeth.
Oh he is a keeper, for sure. And he enhanced his appearance with facial tats.
I especially like the "Richie Rich" tat.

Class-E.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Ron DeSantis

Post by bill_g »

Another phatphuk with more money than sense.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Ron DeSantis

Post by Greatgrey »

Remember Rebekah Jones… the state official Rhonda Santis fired for publishing accurate COVID info?

Well…. Read the thread.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

She’s been pretty vocal and kept herself on their radar. Unfortunately.

What an outrage.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Phoenix520 »

How do you get to be the kind of person who does this, in America?!? What let him think he would get away with this?

I’m flabbergasted with outrage.
sugar magnolia

Ron DeSantis

Post by sugar magnolia »

This is one of those that I'm waiting on all the details before expending energy on outrage.
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Rebekah Jones @GeoRebekah wrote: DeSantis tried to destroy my reputation, undermine my credentials and work, intimidate me by ordering an armed raid on my home, silence me by jailing me, and threaten me with prison for refusing to drop my whistleblower case. He failed every time.

It's been three weeks since we filed our lawsuit against the state.

Last night, they arrested my son for non- threatening snapchat memes. The officer said it was the state's call.

That corrupt, fascist pig is about to find out that the runway people gave him to defame and attack me isn't there when you kidnap and charge 13 year old autistic kids whose parents happen to be your 'worst nightmare' with felony threats of terrorism for sharing snapchat memes.

I have been through this media circus before. I'm not the 30-year-old naive scientist that I was when this all started.

I'm going to take every ounce of pain, fear and helplessness I'm feeling right now into saving my son and making sure you never escape what you've done.
https://twitter.com/GeoRebekah/status/1 ... 15105?s=20
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Rebekah Jones' son arrested in Florida after allegedly threating to shoot up school, stab students
:snippity:
What is Jones' son accused of doing?
An incident report released Thursday afternoon by the Santa Rosa Sheriff’s Office allege that the 13-year-old made repeated threats to shoot up Holley Navarre Middle School and to stab students who angered him.

Investigators interviewed multiple students who spoke with the teenager, as well as those who saw messages he posted on social media. In the messages to his friends, the teenager made the following statements, among others:

“I want to shoot up the school.”

If I get a gun I’m gonna shoot up hnms lol.”

“I’m getting a wrath and natural selection shirt so maybe but I don’t think many ppl know what the columbine shooters look like.”

“Okay so it’s been like 3-4 weeks since I got on my new antidepressants and they aren’t working but they’re suppose to by now so I have no hope in getting better so why not kill the losers at school.”

The teenager told one of his friends that he planned to shoot up the school the Thursday before Spring Break but there were too many things going on so he postponed it until March 31.

Rebekah Jones arrives at the Santa Rosa County Courthouse to show support for her son following his arrest for allegedly making digital threats of terrorism.
The students reported the claims to the school prior to that date and the investigation was launched.

The teenager was homeschooled at the time of the alleged threats.

Santa Rosa Sheriff’s Office investigators called the boy’s mother, Rebekah Jones, who said the family was vacationing in Mississippi but would call investigators when she returned. During the interview, Rebekah Jones confirmed there were no guns in the residents and the only weapons were kitchen knives, which she has stored in a locked box.
https://www.pnj.com/story/news/crime/20 ... 088634007/
Resume18

Ron DeSantis

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:08 pm
Rebekah Jones' son arrested in Florida after allegedly threating to shoot up school, stab students
What is Jones' son accused of doing?
An incident report released Thursday afternoon by the Santa Rosa Sheriff’s Office allege that the 13-year-old made repeated threats to shoot up Holley Navarre Middle School and to stab students who angered him.

Investigators interviewed multiple students who spoke with the teenager, as well as those who saw messages he posted on social media. In the messages to his friends, the teenager made the following statements, among others:

“I want to shoot up the school.”

If I get a gun I’m gonna shoot up hnms lol.”

“I’m getting a wrath and natural selection shirt so maybe but I don’t think many ppl know what the columbine shooters look like.”

“Okay so it’s been like 3-4 weeks since I got on my new antidepressants and they aren’t working but they’re suppose to by now so I have no hope in getting better so why not kill the losers at school.”

The teenager told one of his friends that he planned to shoot up the school the Thursday before Spring Break but there were too many things going on so he postponed it until March 31.

Rebekah Jones arrives at the Santa Rosa County Courthouse to show support for her son following his arrest for allegedly making digital threats of terrorism.
The students reported the claims to the school prior to that date and the investigation was launched.

The teenager was homeschooled at the time of the alleged threats.

Santa Rosa Sheriff’s Office investigators called the boy’s mother, Rebekah Jones, who said the family was vacationing in Mississippi but would call investigators when she returned. During the interview, Rebekah Jones confirmed there were no guns in the residents and the only weapons were kitchen knives, which she has stored in a locked box.
https://www.pnj.com/story/news/crime/20 ... 088634007/
I hope the son gets his meds adjusted and the help he needs.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

DeSantis FINALLY addresses the issue of school shootings!

Oh wait. He's addressing "wokeness" in Colleges and Universities and how that makes parents afraid to send their children to school.
The Intellectualist @highbrow_nobrow wrote: "How sad is it that parents of kids in high school are thinking to themselves, like, am I safe to send my kid to most of the universities in our country?

Because you work hard to instill values." @atrupar
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:55 am How do you get to be the kind of person who does this, in America?!? What let him think he would get away with this?

I’m flabbergasted with outrage.
DeSantis wins 2022 Florida governor’s race by largest margin in 40 years

raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Rebekah Jones @GeoRebekah wrote: JFC. I just found out via @MiamiHerald that police released a redacted version of their report that specifically hid that the messages sent came from an account that was NOT my son's

I guess they had to have a plan for the blowback for arresting a 13 year old for memes.
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Well, that puts me back on her side. Are they going to arrest the kid who wrote those texts? :confuzzled:

Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

► Show Spoiler
:cantlook:
Azastan
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Azastan »

Gregg wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:08 am Well, that puts me back on her side. Are they going to arrest the kid who wrote those texts? :confuzzled:
What makes you think it was a KID?

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”