Flatpoint High wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:56 pm Dharma Dueling a Winger
ehk8w3x1hwna1.jpg
I followed him. That was an excellent thread tearing Hitchens apart
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Hijack This Thread

Post by Greatgrey »

I hate doing this. I never ask for donations online. I just don’t.

I’m gonna ask for donations online.

Utah has declared war on my family. My youngest niece Casey has 2 children, the oldest has decided to be a boy. Things were progressing well, then Utah decided to criminalize TG people. The kid is grandfathered on the medical bans since he was in progress before the ban, but no doctors are now willing to proceed.

My niece has scrambled and now things are scheduled for Seattle, but Casey could use some help with the travel expenses.

Just $5 or $10 would help.

Thanks
Hello,

Big news from the Byrne clan. Some of you may not know that my oldest, Fen, is transgender. He's moving from female to male. Ever since puberty four years ago, Fen has experienced gender disphoria and has sought treatment for it through all means allowed and approved by several leading medical groups. One of his biggest blocks to body acceptance is the presence of his breasts. The treatment for this is what is called FtM top surgery- removing the beast tissue to help create a more masculine profile and chest. We've explored options, and have decided to move forward with top surgery for Fen. We've had things in motion for over a year- therapy, physician visits, letters of support and endorsement... We cleared the last (old) hurdle in January to be able to meet the legal requirements in Utah to proceed with the surgery when.... the next day Utah passed, and made immediately effective, a law banning gender affirming medical treatments for minors. We were devastated, but decided to move forward. We contacted lawyers, tried to get on as plaintiffs in a suit against the state, however, the best course of action for Fen's well being was to pursue the surgery, and perhaps deal with the legal things later. I've started a gofundme to help offset the costs of the surgery, the out of state expenses, etc.
I'd appreciate your support in any way- donations and sharing are best!
I love you all!
Thank you.
Casey

I thought you might be interested in supporting this GoFundMe, https://gofund.me/4eac0651

Even a small donation could help reach the fundraising goal. And if you can't make a donation, it would be great if you could share the fundraiser to help spread the word.

Thanks for taking a look!
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Hijack This Thread

Post by Frater I*I »

Greatgrey wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:11 pm I hate doing this. I never ask for donations online. I just don’t.

I’m gonna ask for donations online.

Utah has declared war on my family. My youngest niece Casey has 2 children, the oldest has decided to be a boy. Things were progressing well, then Utah decided to criminalize TG people. The kid is grandfathered on the medical bans since he was in progress before the ban, but no doctors are now willing to proceed.

My niece has scrambled and now things are scheduled for Seattle, but Casey could use some help with the travel expenses.

Just $5 or $10 would help.

Thanks

:snippity:
Sent a bill...as we say in the ghet-to....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
p0rtia

Hijack This Thread

Post by p0rtia »

Done. Good luck to the fam! :heart:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Sent. Good luck. Might be time for that part of your family to look at other states to relocate to. I don't see Utah improving anytime soon. :cry:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Xcel Energy cleaning up radioactive leak at Monticello nuclear generating plant

BY WCCO STAFF, ALLEN HENRY
UPDATED ON: MARCH 16, 2023 / 10:09 PM / CBS MINNESOTA

MONTICELLO, Minn. -- Minnesota state agencies are monitoring Xcel Energy's cleanup of a tritium leak at a Monticello nuclear generating plant.

According to state officials, 400,000 gallons of water contaminated with tritium leaked from a water pipe running between two buildings at the facility. In late November, Xcel Energy confirmed and reported the leak to state officials as well as the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

State officials say the leak has since been stopped and has been contained to the facility.

"This is a very localized leak, it is not migrated off-site, there has been no risk to public health or public safety," Dan Huff, Assistant Commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Health said. "Our number one action was to stop the leak and excel did that the number two action is make sure that Xcel reclaims the water and they're working on that."

The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency says there's no threat to drinking water or the nearby Mississippi River, but that the groundwater under the plant does move toward the river.

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/ ... ing-plant/
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

Is that Olivia Colman, English actress?

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Wait, this was a real thing? A keyboard designed for long nails? A popup vanity mirror? I can't be sure if it was a comedic routine as it is so ridiculous.

I might have to play that "Too Many Cooks" video again to undo the damage this lady has dumped on me.
pipistrelle

Hijack This Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:26 pm
Wait, this was a real thing? A keyboard designed for long nails? A popup vanity mirror? I can't be sure if it was a comedic routine as it is so ridiculous.

I might have to play that "Too Many Cooks" video again to undo the damage this lady has dumped on me.
mmarkklar
·
5 yr. ago
Technically this isn’t vintage because it aired in 2005.
It’s a part of a comedy show for those unaware.

quentinnuk
OP
·
5 yr. ago
Technically The Petticoat 5 was built from a HP 9825A computer. The tissue dispenser is located in the slot for the HPL system ROM, and the vanity mirror used to be the tape drive. Hidden beneath the ring holder there should be a single-line alphanumeric LED display. The CRT television was not part of the original system.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Hijack This Thread

Post by Greatgrey »

THANK YOU!

Thanks to everyone who donated, I’ve tried to thank all of youse guys who did.

Hee hee, now I have to go insult our mayor. I made a deal with someone who I used to attend city assembly meetings with. Told her if she would help spread the word I would call the mayor a worthless dickhead at the next assembly meeting.

Thankfully the right to be rude was just upheld in Massachusetts court. https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ ... n-meetings
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Frater I*I

Hijack This Thread

Post by Frater I*I »

Greatgrey wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:13 am THANK YOU!

Hee hee, now I have to go insult our mayor. I made a deal with someone who I used to attend city assembly meetings with. Told her if she would help spread the word I would call the mayor a worthless dickhead at the next assembly meeting.

Thankfully the right to be rude was just upheld in Massachusetts court. https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ ... n-meetings
That alone has earned another bill for that young man to escape fascists...

No need to thank me, you're a pilot, I'm a mechanic, so it's like we're almost family...albeit...a dysfunctional one... :lol:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:12 pm
Greatgrey wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:13 am THANK YOU!

That alone has earned another bill for that young man to escape fascists...

No need to thank me, you're a pilot, I'm a mechanic, so it's like we're almost family...albeit...a dysfunctional one... :lol:
Oh, is this like the ice bucket challenge?. I'm going to match your bill for Fen. :biggrin:
p0rtia

Hijack This Thread

Post by p0rtia »

Okay, so Greatgrey's niece's gofund me is over 820 bucks thanks to the ice bucket challenge!

If 9 of us chipped in just 20 bucks each, the gofundme would be over a 1K bucks and half way to the goal.

You want hands-on ways to fight right-wing hate? Here's your chance!

https://gofund.me/dc8eb3f8

:oldlady:
Frater I*I

Hijack This Thread

Post by Frater I*I »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:51 pm Okay, so Greatgrey's niece's gofund me is over 820 bucks thanks to the ice bucket challenge!

If 9 of us chipped in just 20 bucks each, the gofundme would be over a 1K bucks and half way to the goal.

You want hands-on ways to fight right-wing hate? Here's your chance!

https://gofund.me/dc8eb3f8

:oldlady:
:yeahthat:

Trent Reznor
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’m in. I won 500 on a scratcher this week. Some of it will go to Fen.

GG, will there be video of the meeting? :mrgreen:
Dr. Ken

Hijack This Thread

Post by Dr. Ken »

Exactly what I knew for years but it's finally coming out. Reagan made a deal to keep the hotages captive in Iran until after the election and his inauguration. Totally sabotaging Jimmy carter's reelection
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:05 pm Exactly what I knew for years but it's finally coming out. Reagan made a deal to keep the hotages captive in Iran until after the election and his inauguration. Totally sabotaging Jimmy carter's reelection
I thought that was common knowledge...
pipistrelle

Hijack This Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:42 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:05 pm Exactly what I knew for years but it's finally coming out. Reagan made a deal to keep the hotages captive in Iran until after the election and his inauguration. Totally sabotaging Jimmy carter's reelection
Me too also.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:54 pm
Me too also.
Me three.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

Hijack This Thread

Post by Dr. Ken »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:41 pm

Me too also.
Me three.
Yes but now it's actually confirmed. Much like we always knew nixon sabotaged the Vietnam talks but it was just recently confirmed
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:48 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:41 pm
Me too also.
Me three.
Yes but now it's actually confirmed. Much like we always knew nixon sabotaged the Vietnam talks but it was just recently confirmed
Interesting. Perhaps what I should have said is that I didn't realize it wasn't confirmed. IIRC, I first heard about it while Reagan was still in office, and have heard and read about it so many times since where it was simply presented as fact, not something that everyone was sure happened, but that we didn't have a confirmation for. (I can say pretty much the same thing for Nixon and Vietnam, too, though I don't remember when I first heard about it...)

Good to know, though, that they're both finally nailed down. Thanks!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

I have a trans niece. I was happy to help.

Return to “General Stuff”