A third Santos? Andy Ogles (R)

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

H/T to bill_g first mentioning him in the Santos thread
GOP Rep. Andy Ogles claimed to fight international sex crimes and be an economic expert. Like George Santos, his real resume tells another story.

Katherine Long,Bryan Metzger,Jack Newsham
Fri, February 17, 2023 at 11:27 PM GMT+1
  • Rep. Andy Ogles (R-TN) claims he's a real estate magnate, policy expert, and sex crime investigator.
    Much of the experienc
    Other newly-elected Republicans, notably George Santos, have also misrepresented their past.
During far-right Republican Andy Ogles' successful campaign for Congress last fall, he advertised himself as a successful entrepreneur and real estate investor, a tax policy expert, and the former leader of an international nonprofit rescuing sex trafficking victims.

But the freshman member from Tennessee embellished many aspects of his resume, according to interviews, business and property records, tax filings, and local newspaper archives. Ogles' inflations invite comparisons to his Republican congressional colleague, Rep. George Santos of New York, who has seen nearly every aspect of his past called into question.

Ogles' business experience seems to be limited to owning two restaurants, a short-lived travel agency, and becoming licensed as an insurance agent. His real estate investments appear limited to a few adjacent parcels of land, including one he lives on, in rural Tennessee, and he reported no rental income from his properties Insider found.

Ogles claimed he studied economics and international relations, and worked at two right-wing think tanks that focus on economic policy. But his educational credentials and supposed policy expertise were thrown into question this week by Nashville's NewsChannel5, which reported Ogles had studied languages in college – not economics or international policy, as he had claimed.

Ogles' supposed experience rescuing sex trafficking victims helped propel him into national headlines in his first week in Congress. But his representations about that work are vastly overstated, according to public records and a former manager at an anti-trafficking nonprofit where Ogles worked.

In a statement emailed after this article was published, the spokesperson called Insider's reporting "another attempt by the liberal media to make something out of nothing. It's a simple case of condensing a resume for the sake of brevity on the campaign trail, and partisan hacks are trying to turn it into a headline for clicks."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-rep-andy ... 45400.html
(original: INSIDER)
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I'm gonna laugh if we find out half the republican freshman class are a bunch of frauds like santos and ogles
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dear Martha ..... clueless from Tennessee
Tennessee GOP congressman was 'mistaken' on college degree

KIMBERLEE KRUESI
Tue, February 28, 2023 at 6:22 PM GMT+1

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tennessee U.S. Rep. Andy Ogles says he was “mistaken” when he said he graduated with an international relations degree after a local news outlet raised questions over whether the Republican had embellished his education.

Ogles said this week he wasn't made aware of the mistake until he requested his transcript from Middle Tennessee State University to verify his degree.

“When I pulled my transcript to verify, I realized I was mistaken. My degree is in Liberal Studies. I apologize for my misstatement," Ogles said in a statement released Sunday.

Earlier this month, Nashville-based WTVF-TV reported that Ogles has also called himself an “economist" even though he only took one community college economics course. The station then raised questions over Ogles' claims that he has law enforcement experience and handled “international sex crimes.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tennessee-go ... 36888.html
tek

Post by tek »

LIBERAL STUDIES!!1!!2!

Return to “Current Politics”