Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

How many here have not contracted COVID 19?

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Wow! A lot of us have been fortunate! I've not had it and neither have Mr. Gray nor our roommate. I, of course, never go anywhere, but they both go shopping and to the movies and such. I've had 4 vaccinations so far - a Johnson, a Pfizer, a Moderna, and an mRNA. They guys have had the first 3 :)
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Not that I know of. I have been vaccinated and boosted. I felt crappy in June but tested negative. I think everyone in my office has contracted it. I continue to wear N95s everywhere, despite the general public determination that COVID is over. My wife is immunocompromised, so I am doing my best to avoid bringing it home to her,
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Vaxxed and had all boosters. Never caught COVID and I'm grateful. My Mom and Dad both got COVID but got through it. Like Jez, I was super careful and didn't go out much in FloriDUH where people were/are irresponsible.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
June bug

Post by June bug »

Vaccinated and boosted - I’ve never had it. I now wear masks sparingly - indoors and close quarters with a group of people, doctors’ offices, etc.

Daughter got it in a yoga instructors’ very intensive training, when one of the other students tested positive several days into it.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Went two and a half years without it. I never felt that I wouldn't get it, although I was getting close. By last summer, I felt it was inevitable, and it hit in August. As I said earlier on another thread, though, I think my daughter may be as close as you can come to immune. She has been in close quarters literally dozens of times. She was at a company party last month that turned out to be a (small) super spreader. Almost everyone else got sick within days. Last week, she had a meeting with someone who tested positive the next day. She is still negative after more than a week. Neither her husband nor kids has had it either.

Generally speaking, we have been at a low level for quite a while. No increase with either Thanksgiving or the Christmas holidays.

Luck must have something to do with it, but all the vaccines and good practices are just as important, if not more so.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

As far as I know, I haven’t had it. I’ve had all the Moderna shots. I fully expected to get it a couple of times: Once last year after Xmas doing a controls upgrade in Fort Worth, my partner tested positive (he’s the one I told to let me out so I wouldn’t have to listen to his effen faux news). He had to drive back, while I had to rent another vehicle to finish the project. Last summer my wife tested positive and had to take time off work (NICU nurse).
I figure if I get it, it will be bad. I still smoke and when I was 1 and 5 I had pneumonia and was hospitalized.

My partner did turn off the radio after I told him what I thought of his choice of stations.

On that project I took my own n95 masks. The facility rules were to wear the furnished blue pleated masks (not n95). I ended up wearing both to comply with their rules.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Mrs and I have never tested positive. We are both fully vax'd. However, both of us have had symptoms, and both of us seem to have had long covid expressions to one degree or another.

I don't think this disease is clearly delineated. There are lots of shades of gray to it.
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

Both vaccinated and boosted. Neither of us has contracted covid.
derevan

Post by derevan »

I am just superstitious, or does this whole thread seem like a big tempting of fate?

I haven't had it, but my wife and daughter have. Which would suggest that they generally stay six feet away from me. :(

I'm vaccinated, fully boosted, one of the few people in my office who still wears a mask, and I'm a homebody, although we go out to dinner pretty frequently.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

derevan wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:48 am I am just superstitious, or does this whole thread seem like a big tempting of fate?
:lol: I had the same thought.

I do think I have been exposed to the virus many times. I went back to the gym in early 2021, and I'm still going there, and I don't wear a mask, and I do shower there. I don't wear a mask anywhere but a doctor's office. By all rights I probably should have had it several times over.

But I just never seem to get it. I've had several other medical issues - last June I spent 4 miserable hours in an ER before ol' Wifehorn and I gave up and she just drove me home and I crawled upstairs to see if I was going to die without medical treatment (I didn't die).

So maybe I'm bulletproof immune resistant for some reason. Not genetic, my dad had it recently. I dunno why I never seem to get it, but I'm not complaining about it.

:biggrin:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:47 am Mrs and I have never tested positive. We are both fully vax'd. However, both of us have had symptoms, and both of us seem to have had long covid expressions to one degree or another.

I don't think this disease is clearly delineated. There are lots of shades of gray to it.
What I have been told -- and makes perfect sense to me -- "long covid" is not at all specific to coronavirus. Any viral infection can wreak havoc on other organs indirectly. Plus, add in age factor. My body doesn't function nor recover like a 30yo anymore. (whoever came up with this aging idea will someone go please kick their a*s??!)
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

neonzx wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:28 pm What I have been told -- and makes perfect sense to me -- "long covid" is not at all specific to coronavirus. Any viral infection can wreak havoc on other organs indirectly. Plus, add in age factor. My body doesn't function nor recover like a 30yo anymore. (whoever came up with this aging idea will someone go please kick their a*s??!)
I know. We should at least get an owners manual from the OEM. Cheap bastards!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Speaking of old age and our vulnerability, here's a thing that happened to my mother-in-law:

She bonked her head a few times. I won't go into the details, but the medical term for it is, she bonked her head, and this can happen to any of us.

And it turns out that when you grow older, your brain actually shrinks to a degree, and it sloshes around more when you bonk it on sumpin'. Also, it can bleed in there. And if you bonk it more than a couple times, you can get blood clots deposited, and since it isn't circulating none, it turns black and gets a little groty.

So suddenly ol' Wifehorn's mom needed to have a little (not so little) rectangle cut out of the side of her headbone, to let the bad blood out and relieve the pressure. This wasn't rocket surgery but it most certainly was brain surgery, and thus I pass on this critically important advice to you and your fambly:

If you are getting old, be darned careful and don't go bonkin' your head on stuff. :fingerwag:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

derevan wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:48 am I am just superstitious, or does this whole thread seem like a big tempting of fate?

I hope not!

I do think that the people on this forum are more cautious about exposing themselves to diseases which could kill us or our loved ones, though.
I know that I avoid mingling in big crowds, but that is easy for me because I've never liked being in a big crowd anyway. But my husband works in a plant which has over a thousand employees, so the odds are pretty high that he'll bring home something contagious.

All I want to do is stay healthy until I get my surgery out of the way!

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”