Assault on the Capitol (DC)

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Her face immediately popped into my head, but I couldn't remember her name. Thanks.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Long thread on Miller's actions here.

The govt’s sentencing memo for J6 defendant Garret Miller, filed yesterday, fleshes out the remarkable factual context for a crucial ongoing legal dispute affecting the validity of more than 300 J6 cases. …
1/25
What all the cool tourists do.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:11 pm https:// twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1421208176360296448
Jan. 6 defendant Luke Bender was arrested in Fairfax, Virginia, yesterday. Case unsealed today. He was wearing the same attire in the Senate chamber as he wore in his posts on TikTok. A colleague and a high school tipped off the FBI.
Do go to the link and see what the reporter's found on his TikTok thingy.

NEW: Justice Dept to seek 30-month prison sentence in Capitol riot case of Luke Bender of Virginia. Arguing he climbed scaffolding & entered Senate chamber, leafed through and examined documents on Senators’ desks, ascended the Senate Dais
More at the link.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:03 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:56 pm Vegetable or flower?
Pot :smoking: plants
really? She looks like a meth farmer to me.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:34 pm I get so sick of people thinking they deserve leniency because they've become religious. I don't care what religion they claim to have found, it shouldn't make a difference in their punishment. But it especially galls me when they try to get a lighter sentence for becoming Christian because Christianity holds that you can be forgiven *by God* (not necessarily by man) if you're truly repentant, part of which includes (at least from what I was taught) accepting the consequences of your sinful actions, which is exactly what they're trying to avoid.
:yeahthat:

Y'all can talk to Dog when you get there, but right now, we're gonna lock you up for awhile to see if your epiphany thing sticks.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Man pleads guilty to Capitol attack months after shooting

MICHAEL KUNZELMAN
Thu, February 16, 2023 at 10:53 PM GMT+1

A North Carolina man who stormed the U.S. Capitol while free on bail for an attempted murder case pleaded guilty Thursday to attacking police officers with a pole attached to an American flag during the mob's riot.

Matthew Jason Beddingfield, 22, appeared to flash a Nazi salute toward the Capitol after attacking officers trying to protect the building from rioters on Jan. 6, 2021, according to federal prosecutors.

Beddingfield was one of the first rioters to jump over barricades and confront law enforcement at the Capitol’s West Plaza, where he attacked officers with his flagpole and threw a metal rod at police, prosecutors said.

“There is a connection in Beddingfield’s white supremacist views and the physical manifestations thereof and his violent acts,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Sean Murphy wrote in a court filing last year.

U.S. District Judge Carl Nichols is scheduled to sentence Beddingfield on June 22. He pleaded guilty to one felony count of assaulting, resisting or impeding officers, according to the U.S. Attorney's office for the District of Columbia.

Entering the Capitol through the Upper West Terrace door, Beddingfield marched around the building while waving his American flag before thrusting his flagpole at a riot shield during a skirmish between rioters and police, prosecutors said.

“Video evidence shows that Beddingfield actively participated in and was present for much of the violence that initiated the Capitol siege and emboldened the mob,” Murphy wrote.

Prosecutors had sought to keep Beddingfield jailed after his arrest, saying he has a “penchant for matching violent words with violent acts.” A judge ordered his release from custody over a month after his February 2022 arrest.

Several months before the Jan. 6 riot, authorities in Johnston County, North Carolina, arrested Beddingfield and charged him with attempted murder stemming from a December 2019 shooting in a Walmart parking lot.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-pleads-g ... 25724.html
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@MacFarlaneNews
Capitol riot defendant Nick Languerand is serving a federal prison sentence thru May 2024 in Cumberland, Md. Languerand admitted throwing items (traffic barrier, sticks) & deploying riot shield amid the mob at Capitol on Jan 6
@MacFarlaneNews
Nicholas DeCarlo has begun serving federal prison sentence in US capitol riot case. He's at Fort Worth federal prison thru June 2026.

DeCarlo pleaded gulty to fed charge, accused of writing "Murder the media" on Capitol door, rummaging thru police bag, taking handcuffs
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Individual-1 seems attractive to petty criminals.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Significant: DOJ seeking a terrorism enhancement for Jan. 6 rioter John Douglas Wright, who explicitly wrote before the attack that rioters would "HAVE TO FIGHT THE BLUE" and "DRAG" elected officials "OUT" of Congress.

Wright took two buses full of 100 MAGA fans from Ohio to DC.
Moar at the link.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I can't believe this person is still unknown.
Pipe Bombs in D.C.

The FBI and ATF are offering a combined reward of up to $490,000 for information leading to the location, arrest, and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the placement of pipe bombs in Washington, D.C., on January 5, 2021. The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) of Washington, DC, is also offering a reward of up to $10,000. The reward offered by MPD is solely governed by their terms and conditions. The total reward amount is now up to $500,000. View videos, photos, and additional information.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

It took like seventeen years to find the Unabomber.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

The Unabomber was my first thought too. And 21 years and multiple task forces to catch the Green River killer. The "lone wolf" types are the hardest to catch, and some never are.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:37 am The Unabomber was my first thought too. And 21 years and multiple task forces to catch the Green River killer. The "lone wolf" types are the hardest to catch, and some never are.
:yeahthat: The Unabomber wasn't found until his brother read the manifesto and recognized the sentiments expressed and how they were expressed made him think this must be his brother. I really wonder if he would have been found if that hadn't happened.

If the person who left these devices worked entirely alone, (s)he may never be identified. If there was an accomplice, it could possibly increase the likelihood.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Whoever it is, I bet they get a little nervous every time they look at their phone and see a story about it.... :bag:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:39 am It took like seventeen years to find the Unabomber.
The Unabomber wasn't as far as I know caught on multiple cameras in a metro area, walking past pedestrians, with many movements and times recorded. S/he wore oversized shoes and bundled up as much as possible to avoid recognition, but still surprised no one's recognized the walk, gait, etc. I assume they are getting leads and am reconciled to not knowing, but still surprised.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:38 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:39 am It took like seventeen years to find the Unabomber.
The Unabomber wasn't as far as I know caught on multiple cameras in a metro area, walking past pedestrians, with many movements and times recorded. S/he wore oversized shoes and bundled up as much as possible to avoid recognition, but still surprised no one's recognized the walk, gait, etc. I assume they are getting leads and am reconciled to not knowing, but still surprised.
Seriously. It is almost impossible to break into a house in the suburbs anymore without being caught on 15 Ring doorbell cameras in the neighborhood, then the car you go into tracked 21 miles down the interstate to where you went. I have read that London is the most camera watched city in the world but you'd think DC would be at least close.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Seeking leniency in Jan 6 case sentencing. Country Cramer of WV mentions his Google problem

"Cramer has endured lifelong damage to his reputation. He has been the subject of.. media accounts lumping him with others that were
there. None of this will be erased from the internet"
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Kendra wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:28 am
Seeking leniency in Jan 6 case sentencing. Country Cramer of WV mentions his Google problem

"Cramer has endured lifelong damage to his reputation. He has been the subject of.. media accounts lumping him with others that were
I would imagine that he suffers more from his nickname.

What kind of parent names their child 'Country'?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Court unseals another new US Capitol breach case

Charging documents allege Richard Avirett of Florida was amid the mob .. and entered private office of Sen. James Risch on Jan 6
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Sucks to be him... :violin:

Also check out where the lawyer says the guy was born at...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

tek wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:04 pm She wants to homeschool her kids?
That'll turn out well.

Too also: "finding God" ... look, people have tried that line before. We all know what it means, and it has nothing to do with "finding God"

I’m sure a lot of these dipshits who stormed the Capitol use God to rationalize their actions.
DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

Kendra wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:22 pm
Significant: DOJ seeking a terrorism enhancement for Jan. 6 rioter John Douglas Wright, who explicitly wrote before the attack that rioters would "HAVE TO FIGHT THE BLUE" and "DRAG" elected officials "OUT" of Congress.

Wright took two buses full of 100 MAGA fans from Ohio to DC.
Moar at the link.
Obviously an Antifa plant ;)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Of course he is.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Felon begs for mercy because he is a felon. :violin:

I would imagine that he suffers more from his nickname.

What kind of parent names their child 'Country'?
Parents in West Virginia. Who met at the Family Reunion.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”