Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The lawsut filed by Brian SICKNICK's partner, Sandra Garza, has been assigned to Judge MEHTA and linked to a series of other lawsuits that are pending currently at the Appeals Court.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .1.0_1.pdf
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Boebert won't be tweeting the speaker's location today
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

USCP charged Ashli Babbitt’s mother Micki Witthoeft
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Miki Babbett is as delightful as Miki Booth. Here's video of her foul mouth and arrest.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Watching CNN/Discovery + documentary on J6. Really good, and lots of interviews from Congress people, independent filmmakers as well as Capitol Police officers we've not seen on camera before. Not that I mind seeing Officer Dunn, Michael Fanone and the two others (forgive me, I don't want to butcher their names), but also enlightening to see other officers speak.
Lani

Post by Lani »

MSNBC also has a documentary - "Our House" "A joint investigation by NBC News, Bellingcat and its volunteers into the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021."

Next I'll watch CNN.

J6 - I was on the phone for hours with a mainland friend. When it happened, I had MSNBC on the tv while I worked from home. OMG. I felt very lonely and worried, but then my friend & I supported each other. We are both from the South, Black & White. We are minority in Hawaii. He's as focused on US (mainland) politics as I am. Thank goodness we had support.

Since Biden won, I thought Trump was going to fight to keep the presidency, as did my friend. Not happy that we were right.

I remember that day and being horrified, but the MSNBC doc has added much more info including police messages, interviews, and film. I'm glad in a sad way to learn more about what happened.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I was at work that day, but always have the tablet on hand to watch live TV. I still can't get over it, but the CNN documentary aired tonight really ads a lot more perspective than I'd realized. I know we've heard from congressmen, etc, but the footage from the independent journalists and the police commanders on the ground - yikes! It was worse than I'd realized.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

January 6 rioter who helped kick open door to Capitol sentenced to nearly 4 years on two-year anniversary of attack

By Holmes Lybrand and Hannah Rabinowitz, CNN
Published 5:11 PM EST, Fri January 6, 2023

(CNN) — On the second anniversary of the January 6, 2021, riot, one of the first rioters to enter the US Capitol that day was sentenced to 46 months behind bars.

In handing down the sentence, District Judge Timothy Kelly said the events of January 6 were a “national disgrace” noting that the mob “snapped our previously unbroken tradition of a peaceful transfer of power. We can’t get that back.”

It’s hard not to become numb to it now, after two years,” Kelly said of the events of January 6 during the sentencing, “not (to) let, as time goes on, the seriousness of it to wear off.”

Jerod Wade Hughes pleaded guilty in August to obstructing an official proceeding. According to his plea agreement, Hughes was the eighth rioter to enter the Capitol, climbing in through a broken window. He then helped another rioter kick open the Senate wing door, his plea agreement says, allowing more of the mob to enter and marking the first major breach of the building.

According to prosecutor Emily Allen, Hughes texted others after the Capitol attack saying that if they had more in the mob they could have held the building, messages which Kelly called “chilling.”

Citing one of Hughes’ messages from after the riot, Kelly said that “we would have been in a constitutional crisis if what you wanted to have happened, happened.”

Hughes’ defense attorney, Jonathan Zucker, argued that Hughes “was not motivated by the normal factors. He truly believed he was acting like a patriot” and his actions represented a “misguided attempt to perform a civic good.”

Hughes was behind other rioters who chased US Capitol Police Officer Eugene Goodman up flights of stairs near the Senate chamber, according to the plea agreement. He then confronted a line of police officers in the building, Allen said, “screaming with venom” at the officers while senators were “just feet away.”

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/06/poli ... index.html
Lani

Post by Lani »

Kendra wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:14 am I was at work that day, but always have the tablet on hand to watch live TV. I still can't get over it, but the CNN documentary aired tonight really ads a lot more perspective than I'd realized. I know we've heard from congressmen, etc, but the footage from the independent journalists and the police commanders on the ground - yikes! It was worse than I'd realized.
I'm watching the CNN doc now. I think its info and production is better than MSNBC, but it's good to have both.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Lani wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:39 am
Kendra wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:14 am I was at work that day, but always have the tablet on hand to watch live TV. I still can't get over it, but the CNN documentary aired tonight really ads a lot more perspective than I'd realized. I know we've heard from congressmen, etc, but the footage from the independent journalists and the police commanders on the ground - yikes! It was worse than I'd realized.
I'm watching the CNN doc now. I think its info and production is better than MSNBC, but it's good to have both.
I will keep an eye out for the MSNBC one, thank you.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

HAPPENING NOW: DOJ is making Judge McFadden watch key moments of Anthime “Baked Alaska” Gionet’s livestream during the Capitol breach — showing how he recruited others to enter and “made a mockery of democracy.”

McFadden seems to be watching intently.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Per the esteemed
@lwhitehurst
, the DOJ will be giving its opening statement in Richard Barnett's trial at 2 p.m. Defense will be reserving their opening statement until after the government closes its case.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

There is now a legitimate fundraiser setup for Michael Fanone on gofundme. As many of you may know, Fanone lost his pension because of 1/6. Only 5 individuals have donated so far. Join from the start and retweet to spread the word.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Wait, what? How did he lose his pension?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Gregg wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:22 pm Wait, what? How did he lose his pension?
much ado

Post by much ado »

I would parse those words to mean that he did not receive a "full pension", implying that he did receive some pension.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Only in the federal courthouse in DC will you spot Pelosi desk-sitter Richard Barnett and Oath Keeper Ed Vallejo greet each other and step into an elevator as they head to their Jan. 6 felony trials.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Back in Hatchet Speed's Jan. 6 case, prosecutors have filed a new indictment adding a felony count of obstruction of an official proceeding to the original four misdemeanors he faced.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Noting US Justice Dept exhibit 200 in the Capitol riot case of a defendant from Alabama

====>

Seems touristy.
Capitol riot defendant asked the judge to prohibit the use of these words at his trial

====>
Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander »

Oh look, Roger Roots (of Bundy cult fame) is a Proud Boys lawyer:

https://www.rawstory.com/proud-boys-trial-2659207751/
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Off Topic
:think: It's been a while and :oldlady: memory, but wasn't it Roots who went and climbed one or more of those mountains in Mexico without proper equipment? Or was it another poot?
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

That knife looks fierce and deadly. Sharp on both edges full length…
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Danraft wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:48 pm That knife looks fierce and deadly. Sharp on both edges full length…
Yeah, I'm guessing the curve maximizes internal damage.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Danraft wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:48 pm That knife looks fierce and deadly. Sharp on both edges full length…
Good for gutting...

stab and drag upwards...

but also good for cutting ropes, zip tie hand-cuffs etc.
Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:17 pm
Off Topic
:think: It's been a while and :oldlady: memory, but wasn't it Roots who went and climbed one or more of those mountains in Mexico without proper equipment? Or was it another poot?
That was him. That was a departure from his customary rants about how climate change is a hoax, and how glaciers in national parks are actually not melting.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”