💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - MAGA Mike Johnson Saved by Shadow Speaker Hakeem Jeffries

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

The 118th Congress with Pretzel Kevin "Only Kevin" "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker? /Clowns

Post by Kriselda Gray »

noblepa wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:53 pm at least one government shutdown. The budget is set until October, 2023, but we might hit the debt ceiling before that and the morons will refuse to raise it, precipitating a shutdown. Even if that doesn't happen, as we approach October, the children will block attempts to create a budget for fiscal 2024.
Thanks, Noble!
Phoenix520
Verified:

The 118th Congress with Pretzel Kevin "Only Kevin" "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker? /Clowns

Post by Phoenix520 »

That’s surely their plan but I have a feeling it will go kinda differently. Let’s see which vision is truest.

They’ll start out with Fauci or Hunter, the Dems will play the clip where Forehead or someone admits that Benghaaaazi was theater only, over and over, and minds will begin to change, against them. The Media, sensing blood and not bloody likely to miss an opportunity, will amplify their dumbass mistakes, people will realize once agin that we should never have let the conservatives back into the grown ups conversations. It will also be discovered that Bannon has converted to Mormonism, has 3 wives and 10 kids; or maybe Confucianism. In any case he loses his base too as he is revealed for the doughy pant load he is.

My fantasy is more fun. :mrgreen:
Phoenix520
Verified:

The 118th Congress with Pretzel Kevin "Only Kevin" "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker /Clowns

Post by Phoenix520 »

In the last 10 years or so it’s been more cool to be a “disrupter” than whatever the opposite of that is.

I’m enough of a hippie still to resonate with breaking the hold of the status quo but not if what you want to replace it with is either (barely) controlled anarchy or an autocracy with someone like tfg as dear leader. The path of democracy isn’t doomed, as they would have you believe, but it’s pretty overgrown and the direction isn’t clear and the terrain is rocky. It’s a slog but we have to take that path.

We have to make it cool to be who we were before mean spirited Gingrich started throwing his weight around and managed to turn his turn in Congress into a hostile takeover.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

The 118th Congress with Pretzel Kevin "Only Kevin" "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker /Clowns

Post by Foggy »

I want to see them subpoena the FBI to produce Hunter Biden’s laptop.

And have the FBI say, there is no such thing.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:26 pm I want to see them subpoena the FBI to produce Hunter Biden’s laptop.

"No document responding to your feverish dreams request could be located" FOIA boilerplate response wording.... :biggrin:

"Please provide further details on the object of your desire"

Rudy Giuliani gets a hearing.

A Apple repair man gets a hearing.

:splat: :explode:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, and if the blind repair dude testifies, I want to see:

1. The ticket Mr. Biden filled out when he dropped off the laptop, giving his name, address, phone number and email address, so he could be contacted when the repairs were complete, and,

2. The receipt from the FBI that the repair dude was given, when he gave the laptop to the FBI.

Both those items must surely exist.

And in a perfect world,

3. The consent form Mr. Biden signed when he dropped off the laptop, giving the repair dude permission to examine the contents of the hard drive, especially stored emails.

:popcorn:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:04 pm Yeah, and if the blind repair dude testifies, I want to see:

1. The ticket Mr. Biden filled out when he dropped off the laptop, giving his name, address, phone number and email address, so he could be contacted when the repairs were complete, and,

2. The receipt from the FBI that the repair dude was given, when he gave the laptop to the FBI.

Both those items must surely exist.

And in a perfect world,

3. The consent form Mr. Biden signed when he dropped off the laptop, giving the repair dude permission to examine the contents of the hard drive, especially stored emails.

:popcorn:
and don't forget to get Kari Lake's super duper competant Lawyering dude to do all that chain of possessession (or what ever) questioning.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

bob

Post by bob »

#SpeakerGaetz
Image ImageImage
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:sick:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

House G.O.P. Races to Line Up Votes for Rules After McCarthy Concessions
Some rank-and-file Republicans balked at a package of proposed changes to House rules that would enshrine concessions the speaker made to win support from ultraconservative members.

Speaker Kevin McCarthy raced on Monday to line up votes to pass a set of operating rules for the Republican-controlled House, toiling to tamp down defections from rank-and-file members who said he had given too many concessions to the hard right in the desperate and drawn-out process of securing his job.
:snippity:
Mr. McCarthy’s team was working on Monday afternoon to address concerns from more moderate Republicans, who said they could not accept the terms that the speaker had negotiated, many of which were becoming fully known only in the hours before the scheduled vote. It underscored the precarious balance that Mr. McCarthy must strike to appease the far right while maintaining the backing of a much larger group of more mainstream conservatives to pass any legislation on the House floor.

“We’re still fighting through it all today,” Representative Chip Roy, Republican of Texas and one of the lead far-right lawmakers who helped put together the legislation, told Glenn Beck, the conservative radio host, suggesting that the package of concessions and rule changes was still not final.
:snippity:
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/09/us/p ... arthy.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

Mr. McCarthy’s team was working on Monday afternoon to address concerns from more moderate Republicans, who said they could not accept the terms that the speaker had negotiated, many of which were becoming fully known only in the hours before the scheduled vote.
Ironically, one of those purported terms is having 72 hours to read the bill before voting on it.
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:26 pm I want to see them subpoena the FBI to produce Hunter Biden’s laptop.

I surely would like them to find out the hrad way, on National TV is possible, that most of the stuff they've mde the rubes believe about it isn't true. Bonus if, as I find totally plausible, that almost all the content on it that makes him look bad is in fact fake, planted among just enough genuine stolen data to make it look good.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

McCarthy showed great weakness when making promises. Let's hope he has the strength not to keep them. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:56 pm

I surely would like them to find out the hrad way, on National TV is possible, that most of the stuff they've mde the rubes believe about it isn't true. Bonus if, as I find totally plausible, that almost all the content on it that makes him look bad is in fact fake, planted among just enough genuine stolen data to make it look good.
The rubes will NEVER believe it isn't all true. They WANT to believe. They want it with all their hearts.

Even if the blind computer repair guy goes on Fox News and admits that he made the whole thing up and that there never was a laptop, the magats will just say that the Biden administration, the FBI or the Deep State got to him.

In this day and age, the lies take on a life of their own, and even the liars who told the lies in the first place, have no control over them.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Gregg wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:56 pm

Gym Jordan will be conducting all these so-called investigations. He never backs down. He won't let the witnesses answer fully. He will shape the narrative to control everything. It will be another Republican shitshow.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

noblepa wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:05 pm
The rubes will NEVER believe it isn't all true. They WANT to believe. They want it with all their hearts.

Even if the blind computer repair guy goes on Fox News and admits that he made the whole thing up and that there never was a laptop, the magats will just say that the Biden administration, the FBI or the Deep State got to him.

In this day and age, the lies take on a life of their own, and even the liars who told the lies in the first place, have no control over them.
He's already said that its not mathematically possible for all the stuff they claim is on the laptop to have been on it, as it only had a 250 gig hard drive and he copied 220 gigs of Data. Which would include Windows etc. They don't want to hear it.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/john ... d/1065767/
John Paul Mac Isaac, the Delaware computer shop owner who obtained the infamous Hunter Biden laptop, insisted on Newsmax Thursday that newly discovered deleted data from a hard drive could not have come from the files he had under his original custody, because the "math doesn't add up" on the size of the files. 

"I know there's been a lot of speculation about 450 gigs of newly discovered deleted data off of a hard drive, claiming to come from my original custody," Mac Isaac told Newsmax's "National Report."

"I argue that statement, mainly because the original laptop only had a 250 gig drive, and I was able to recover 220 gigs of data off of it…the math doesn't add up."

Mac Issac added that there have been many items done through "Photoshop, creative people out there that have been doctoring things and putting things out on the internet to muddy the waters claiming to be from the laptop." 

But he told Newsmax that while he's not saying the newly discovered data isn't real, his concern is that "it is stated that it is reportedly coming from a drive that was in my custody, and it's not physically possible."
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Just some musing about H.B. laptop / notebook. Do we know for sure that Apple was H.B.s preferred brand? Also too, most Apple devices have an associated iCloud and or iTunes account attached, that ought to give a forensic investigation a headsup.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Are there enough lawyers in the R bunch who know the adage “Don’t ask questions you don’t know the answer to”? Is there likely to be some fun in the hearings?

I didn’t follow the Benghazi hearings on TV. I’m not sure what these morons are capable of.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:06 pm Are there enough lawyers in the R bunch who know the adage “Don’t ask questions you don’t know the answer to”? Is there likely to be some fun in the hearings?

I didn’t follow the Benghazi hearings on TV. I’m not sure what these morons are capable of.
Well, they started with a fist fight on the House floor so no telling where things will go from there.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:08 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:06 pm Are there enough lawyers in the R bunch who know the adage “Don’t ask questions you don’t know the answer to”? Is there likely to be some fun in the hearings?

Well, they started with a fist fight on the House floor so no telling where things will go from there.
Alligator wrasslin'?
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Dueling pistols. It is the only way to settle disagreements.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The laptop could easily be traced to confirm or deny that Hunter Biden ever owned it. The serial number can be traced to the manufacture, distributor, retailer and if Hunter Biden really bought it there ought to be a credit card receipt. And if "he paid for it with cash" which is not something grown up people do for things that cost a grand give or take, it should still have been sold at a Best Buy somewhere near where someone can prove he was in the habit of being during the few months around when it was purchased.

Unless he had enough foresight to have someone buy the laptop for him so when he dropped it off to be repaired and never went to pick it up, it couldn't be traced back to him. Despite having apparently every fact of his life that wasn't going to church stored on it.

Nothing, NOTHING would please me more than Democrats following this line of evidence in hearings, leading up to proving that the laptop was never even owned by Hunter Biden and the proof is right there, while Gym Jordan screams "you're out of order" desperately at a witness who is showing everyone that the computer was originally bought in Kansas or somewhere on a day that Hunter Biden was in court in Los Angeles.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hey, on CSPAN I think I just saw Lt Biscuit darting down the aisle toward the well of the House during the Rules Package vote. There seems to be a trail of Pup-Peroni behind her. Frantically trying to get a comment from the 699th, stay tuned....
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:o

Return to “Current Politics”