Still not 'duly elected' ... anything -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

bob

Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Post by bob »

Cases initially are filed without case numbers; the court assigns your case a number.

Subsequent filings will display the assigned case number.
Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Reality Check wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:50 pm Paul Andrew Mitchell filed a late motion, of course he did, to intervene which was denied.

https://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/h ... ument/4565
He had already filed a case directly in the AZ Supreme Court. It lasted 3 days.

https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/aacc/a ... 220296.PDF
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

This is being shopped around the Kari-verse as proof she can still win.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

Phoenix Magazine (in 2022): The 1916 Arizona Governor’s Election Was Undecided for More Than a Year:
A poorly designed ballot and a bevy of court cases left the 1916 Arizona governor’s election undecided – for more than a year.

Democrat George W.P. Hunt had won the state’s first two gubernatorial elections. The portly populist crusader, nicknamed the “Old Walrus” due to his handlebar mustache, enjoyed knitting and was often dressed in a white linen suit spotted with chewing tobacco juice. “Hunt was a fixture in Arizona politics dating back to Territorial days,” Bayless says. “He was very visible as a candidate and office holder.”

Hunt’s third run for governor, a two-year term at the time, was against Republican Thomas E. Campbell, a mining engineer. “Traveling Tom” had been elected to the Arizona State Tax Commission in 1914. He campaigned for governor in his car called “The Favorite Son,” wearing a 10-gallon hat.

The governor’s election was a photo finish. Out of 55,922 ballots, Campbell won by a 30-vote margin, with Robertson tallying 1,975 votes in a spoiler role. Hunt paid for a recount, but on December 16, the Maricopa County Superior Court declared Campbell the winner, and Democratic Secretary of State Sidney P. Osborn issued the Republican a Certificate of Election.

Hunt challenged the decision, citing confusing ballots that had boxes both at the top for a straight-line party ticket and for individual candidates. Ballots checked Democratic and also marked for Campbell were awarded to the Republican to create his slim lead. Hunt argued that these ballots constituted double voting and should be rejected. “In my opinion, these would have been damaged ballots and should have been thrown out immediately,” Bayless says.

The ballots were still being inspected on New Year’s Eve when both candidates claimed victory and took the oath of office. As a result, the state treasurer and auditor recognized neither man as governor; the attorney general recognized Campbell as the de facto governor; and the U.S. Post Office delivered mail addressed to the governor to the secretary of state, according to John S. Goff’s book, Thomas E. Campbell.

On January 27, the Arizona Supreme Court ruled that Campbell, having a Certificate of Election, should become the acting de facto governor. Hunt complied, and Campbell moved into the governor’s office. On May 2, a Maricopa County Superior Court judge ruled in Campbell’s favor on the ballot issue, but Hunt appealed the decision on June 26. On December 23, 1917, the Arizona Supreme Court, composed of three Democrats, issued a final unanimous decision siding with Hunt’s ballot interpretation, giving him a 43-vote victory. The court also ruled Campbell’s time as governor would be uncompensated, and he had to pay Hunt’s legal bills and court expenses.
So, yaknow, exactly like Lake. :roll:

"For completeness": Campbell v. Hunt 18 Ariz. 442 (Jan. 27, 1917) and Hunt. v. Campbell 19 Ariz. 254 (Dec. 22, 1917).
Image ImageImage
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Is it wrong that I'm waiting for her to declare herself a candidate for Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:shh: :shh: :shh:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

fWIW
The case status at the Appelate Court

https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/aacc/a ... 220779.PDF
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

The only one at the supreme court level

https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/aacc/a ... 220299.PDF
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

It's not my fault if'n she won't take my advice. :nope:

'Course, nothing is ever my fault because nobody takes my advice. :biggrin:

It's a simple system with a lot of good points. :thumbsup:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

northland10 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:22 pm
Reality Check wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:50 pm Paul Andrew Mitchell filed a late motion, of course he did, to intervene which was denied.

Q people, refresh my memory.

Is Paul Andrew Mitchell the fruitcake who actually is named something else and was the guy Elf Nino's Mom chased down to the ends of the earth about (checks waatch and OMG) 20 years ago?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:46 am I like Michael Steele too, Kriselda. :biggrin:
me too once he realized he was being used by the repukes
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Yes.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:41 pm fWIW
The case status at the Appelate Court

https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/aacc/a ... 220779.PDF
Oh, I understand now. She filed in the appellate court on the 30th, as that was the next step. The next day, Saturday, she filed (or mailed) a petition to the Supreme Court to transfer the appellate case to them. In short, she was trying to skip over the appellant court step.

Since the docket is not updated for today yet, I don't know if the petition to transfer is there yet.
101010 :towel:
bob

Post by bob »

Loser can't stop losering.
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

She can call for the Moon to be carved into the shape of a Breast if she likes. Does not mean that she has the power to make anyone do it. Nor is it newsworthy.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:19 pm She can call for the Moon to be carved into the shape of a Breast if she likes. Does not mean that she has the power to make anyone do it. Nor is it newsworthy.
Of course it is. It's her personal account talking about her in the third person. This makes her An Important Person.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Gregg wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:24 pm
northland10 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:22 pm

Q people, refresh my memory.

Is Paul Andrew Mitchell the fruitcake who actually is named something else and was the guy Elf Nino's Mom chased down to the ends of the earth about (checks watch and OMG) 20 years ago?
Yes. His real name is Mitch Modeleski. He was indicted for participating as a "legal advisor" in a blunt tax evasion scheme, but ultimately was found not competent to stand trial. His filings are bat shit crazy.
https://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewto ... w+mitchell
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Yeah, it's all coming back to me.
So many knutsax, so little time.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

They are totally on another planet. The Kari Lake War Room and Abe Hamedeh War Room are blasting out fantasy tweets as if they actually believe something is going to change. The Lake account is "warning' Katie Hobbs that she'll have to return her salary when Kari is installed, that Katie and Mayes will "be replaced" and other drunk tank stuff. The number of likes on the tweets is slowly going down... while they exploited a cute moment when Katie and her Mom laughed at the idea her daughter was about to be Governor, all it did was point out to these losers Katie IS THE GOVERNOR and was sworn into office. There's a more official inauguration, this was a private friends and family event.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Did the old guy in FL license his play script "Stolen Elections For Dummies 101" to them?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Leo Donofrio JUST CAN'T STAY AWAY! And with this sort of compelling, professional-looking content, Katie Hobbs must be really, really worried. :lol:

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (111.37 KiB) Viewed 367 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Donofrio is assuming all provisional ballots were cast by Mayes supporters, when it is likely the opposite is true. Assuming this is a thing, which is probably safe to assume that it is not.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke

Post by Luke »

Abe Hamadeh is such an idiot. Now he's whining about provisionals and uses a total lie statistic. By his logic, illegal votes should be counted. What a loser wimp.

bob

Post by bob »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:37 am Leo Donofrio JUST CAN'T STAY AWAY!
Of course Donofrio can't stay away because this is when he's at his "best": pandering to the ignorant, desperate masses, and not in a court with a learned, motivated opponent.
Image ImageImage

Return to “Governors & State Elections”