Assault on the Capitol (DC)

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Jan. 6 participant arrested after standoff in Sherman Oaks

CBS News losangeles
DECEMBER 23, 2022 / 6:47 PM / AP

Federal agents took a participant in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol into custody for his alleged role in the insurrection after an hourslong standoff Thursday, authorities said.

Eric Christie, 56, was arrested in the Sherman Oaks neighborhood of the San Fernando Valley, according to Laura Eimiller, an FBI spokesperson.

He initially refused to comply with federal agents' orders but surrendered without incident after three hours of negotiations, Eimiller said. She would not comment on whether he was armed during the standoff.

Video and photographs from the insurrection, discovered by online sleuths, show Christie at the Capitol last year wrapped in a rainbow flag with a hammer attached to his belt, federal court documents state.

A video captured Christie yelling "this is our Capitol" into a bullhorn while the crowd rushes into the Capitol as police attempted to keep them back, according to court documents filed in connection with his California arrest.

A federal judge on Friday ordered Christie detained, according to Christie's attorney, George Newhouse.

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news ... rman-oaks/
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Scott MacFarlane

@MacFarlaneNews
·
18m
Defendant Isaac Sturgeon seeks to transfer Jan 6 case from DC

"People of DC..have read too many articles depicting defendants in a negative & inflammatory fashion. We are hard pressed to find a single mainstream newspaper article that casts a Jan 6 defendant in positive.. light"

:rotflmao:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Damn the bad luck.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Wait a minute. I thought the lame stream media was fake news. If it's fake and everyone knows it the potential jurors will be thinking the opposite of what is written. Therefore, finitione, there is more likelihood of an acquittal. :twisted:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:31 am Scott MacFarlane

@MacFarlaneNews
·
18m

"People of DC..have read too many articles depicting defendants in a negative & inflammatory fashion. We are hard pressed to find a single mainstream newspaper article that casts a Jan 6 defendant in positive.. light"

Bin Laden had the same problem. That's why they transferred his case to the Southern District of FIND OUT in Pakistan, the honorable Seal Team 6 presiding.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:03 pm
Bin Laden had the same problem. That's why they transferred his case to the Southern District of FIND OUT in Pakistan, the honorable Seal Team 6 presiding.
They were the jury [and executioners, it saved the taxpayers money ;) ], it was Obama that was the tribunal administrator...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

These lawyers are struggling with spin. I would have understand "neutral" coverage, but "positive"? Too also also too, do bank robbers get "positive" coverage?
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:31 am Scott MacFarlane

@MacFarlaneNews
·
18m

And the Washington Times is located in DC! If the J6ers can't get positive coverage in the right leaning Washington Times, they can't get it anywhere.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 7680944131
Scott MacFarlane@MacFarlaneNews

In new letter seeking leniency, Jan 6 defendant Eric Herrera claims he was "swept up in the emotions" (below)

Feds want 6+ year prison sentence, arguing...... Herrera came to Capitol wearing bulletproof vest. And they say he helped trash Senate Parliamentarian's Office
1:58 AM · Dec 31, 2022
► Show Spoiler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I've been swept up with emotion a time or two in my life. The worst thing I ever broke was a tv remote, and boy howdy did I regret that.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Scott MacFarlane - CBS News
@MacFarlaneNews@newsie.social
Final day in office for key Jan 6 figures

Jan 6 Cmte members:
Liz Cheney (R-WY)
Adam Kinzinger (R-IL)
Stephanie Murphy (D-FL)
Elaine Luria (D-VA)

WH Ellipse Speaker:
Mo Brooks (R-AL)

Jan 6 defendant/pretrial detainee advocate:
Louie Gohmert (R-TX)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/02/politics ... index.html

A text exchange between Ivanka Trump’s chief of staff Julie Radford and White House aide Hope Hicks reveals their anger over then-President Donald Trump’s actions on January 6, 2021, hurting them professionally, according to newly released documents collected by the House select committee investigating the Capitol Hill insurrection.

“In one day he ended every future opportunity that doesn’t include speaking engagements at the local Proud Boys chapter,” Hicks wrote to Radford on January 6, 2021. “And all of us that didn’t have jobs lined up will be perpetually unemployed. I’m so mad and upset. We all look like domestic terrorists now.”

Hicks added: “This made us all unemployable. Like untouchable. God I’m so f***ing mad.”

Radford responded by texting, “I know, like there isn’t a chance of finding a job,” and indicating she already lost a job opportunity from Visa, which sent her a “blow off email.”

The new release is part of a steady stream of documents from the committee, complementing the release of its sweeping 845-page report. The latest comes as the panel winds down its work with the House majority set to change hands from Democrats to Republicans on Tuesday at the start of the new Congress.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer

They gave up employability when they went to work for Trump. J6 made them realize it.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:12 pm They gave up employability when they went to work for Trump. J6 made them realize it.
A single tear rolls down my cheek....

Okay, that was a lie....there are many, because I'm laughing their misery.... :biggrin:

They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into....I say let their careers crash...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer

WE knew what they were getting into, but they didn't. They had the old reliable baptism by fire.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:23 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:12 pm They gave up employability when they went to work for Trump. J6 made them realize it.
A single tear rolls down my cheek....

Okay, that was a lie....there are many, because I'm laughing their misery.... :biggrin:

They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into....I say let their careers crash...
Can't go wrong with an Airplane! reference
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:21 am :snippity:

Can't go wrong with an Airplane! reference
Looks like they picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue...

Trent Reznor
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

They're planning on going back this coming Friday for a 'vigil'
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

INBOX: On second anniversary of Jan. 6, Biden is awarding Presidential Citizens Medal to officers, state lawmakers and election workers, including:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I remember his testimony very well.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

BREAKING: Sandra Garza, individually and on behalf of the estate of Officer Brian Sicknick, has FILED SUIT against DONALD TRUMP for WRONGFUL DEATH, CONSPIRACY TO VIOLATE CIVIL RIGHTS, NEGLIGENCE, and AIDING AND ABETTING ASSAULT. More to come...
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I guess with the J6 Committee results now floating in public the former guy may be in for some headache and buthurt.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:55 pm I guess with the J6 Committee results now floating in public the former guy may be in for some headache and buthurt.
:violin: :violin: :violin:
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:40 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:55 pm I guess with the J6 Committee results now floating in public the former guy may be in for some headache and buthurt.
:violin: :violin: :violin:
Bury him.

Figuratively.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”