trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

re story posted by The Mouse above
Trump insider says ‘some accurate stuff’ in profile of moribund 2024 campaign
Ex-president calls magazine reporter who likened him to Norma Desmond of Sunset Boulevard a ‘shaky and unattractive wack job’

Martin Pengelly in New York
Tue 27 Dec 2022 12.52 GMT

Rejecting a New York Magazine story which said his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination in 2024 was all but moribund a little more than a month after he announced it, Donald Trump subjected the writer to misogynistic abuse.

Olivia Nuzzi, Trump said, was “a shaky and unattractive wack job”.

The former president also called Nuzzi’s story “fake news”, insisted “her ‘anonymous sources’ don’t exist (true with many writers)” and said: “I’m happily fighting hard for our GREAT USA!”

The Guardian, however, has seen messages in which a veteran Trump campaign insider says there is “some accurate stuff in” Nuzzi’s piece and, when told “time catches up with all of us”, answers: “True”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... 4-campaign
MN-Skeptic

trump (the former guy)

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Just an FYI - This is Olivia Nuzzi, the woman Trump is declaring to be “a shaky and unattractive wack job” -

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:57 am I actually have a pic of the wife with brick man from last weekend, she ran into him in a hotel lobby in Phoenix. He was in town for the AMFEST thing I guess.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Attachments
0288D6C0-B42A-4395-B1AE-44970860CE52.jpeg
0288D6C0-B42A-4395-B1AE-44970860CE52.jpeg (123.45 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

Somehow, I suspect tfg will find a way that it has gotten worse, despite claiming here that we’ve reached the bottom.
BD653BD0-52F0-4715-8692-A150E3C3EF97.png
BD653BD0-52F0-4715-8692-A150E3C3EF97.png (184.19 KiB) Viewed 1118 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

Ah, so THEY weren’t distancing from him, HE was distancing from them. And if you believe that…
C88F9EEF-BB48-4E63-B00B-B57E19AA54BD.png
C88F9EEF-BB48-4E63-B00B-B57E19AA54BD.png (233.37 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
jemcanada2

trump (the former guy)

Post by jemcanada2 »

Ominous Bill?!?! :doh: :doh:

Do you think Mitch McConnell is regretting not getting rid of tfg when he had the chance? :violin: :violin:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

trump (the former guy)

Post by Maybenaut »

Suranis wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:04 am Ok I read it. No wonder Trump is going nuts. It's full of the shit Trump hates - making him seem small. HE WAS DESCRIBED AS D-TIER! F-TIER!

More seriously, its very well written. The woman is a very skilled writer. This is talking about the Announcement of his new Campaign.
Nunberg was not in the ballroom. He had been kicked out of Trumpworld early, fired over old social-media posts in which he used racist slurs. He had taken a much different path after the events of 2016. Amid the investigations, he began to appear often on cable news to needle Trump. He was still drinking then, and he went on an infamous bender during which he gave chaotic interviews to CNN and New York. Then he got sober. He left New York. He now has a girlfriend. So the morning after the announcement, when I reached him by phone, he drew in a sharp breath through his teeth. He hates Trump. In his view, Trump had fired and rehired and fired and betrayed and maligned him. In theory, as the kind of still-a-little-Trumpian character who loves revenge, he should take only pleasure in observing his old boss’s accumulating failures. But this? It was almost too pathetic. “It was sad to watch,” Nunberg said. “It was like watching Elvis at the end.” On second thought, it was worse than that: “It was like watching Elvis at the end if he was completely relegated to just piano bars.” He laughed a sad laugh. “Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.”
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article ... -2024.html
Off Topic
I absolutely hate this phrase. And I really don’t like to see serious journalists use it. I get that it’s shorthand for something, but it elevates Trump to a status he doesn’t deserve.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
humblescribe
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by humblescribe »

Maybenaut,

I would argue to the contrary that Trumpworld is not elevating but demeaning. To me it implies a state of mind that is far beyond reality and littered with lies and deceit. It is populated by toadies and spineless supplicants who think riding his coattails lead to bigger and better things for them. It is a cult that has a continual revolving door.

But then I cannot argue points like you attorneys at law types. :bag:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

I'm with humblescribe here. To me, it refers to a place like Westworld, where people pay an exorbitant fee to get in and then live in a world of complete and utter fiction and lies where they experience only what they want.

It does not elevate Trump.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

trump (the former guy)

Post by Maybenaut »

I would agree with ya’ll, except I’ve heard people in that ambit use it. They like it.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:21 am Whoa, that's a snappy outfit. :shock:
Looks like Colin Robinson.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Former Trump aide said he and other staffers couldn't imagine Trump marching to the Capitol on January 6 because he'd 'never seen the man walk across a golf course without a golf cart'
Bryan Metzger
Tue, December 27, 2022 at 11:44 PM GMT+1
  • Some White House staffers heard that Trump wanted to go to the Capitol on Jan. 6 and laughed it off.
    Judd Deere told the committee he hadn't seen Trump "walk across a golf course without a golf cart."
    Deere, then the WH Deputy Press Secretary, also said he typed a resignation letter on Jan. 6.
A handful of then-President Donald Trump's aides heard ahead of January 6, 2021, that he might be planning to walk with supporters down Pennsylvania Avenue to the Capitol as a Joint Session of Congress met to certify the election results.

According to the former White House Deputy Press Secretary Judd Deere, they laughed it off — it just wasn't realistic for Trump to walk that far.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-trump ... 36363.html
(original: Insider)
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol:
Trump Declares Himself 'Clairvoyant'; Critics Wonder How He Got Election So Wrong

Mary Papenfuss
Mon, December 26, 2022 at 4:14 AM GMT+1

A stunning revelation in Donald Trump’s vicious, grievance-packed holiday “greeting” posted on Truth Social Sunday was his declaration that he is not only “brilliant,” but “clairvoyant.”

That shocked followers familiar with his multitude of bad predictions, like declaring that COVID would “miraculously” disappear the spring of 2020. He also mistakenly predicted that he would win the 2020 election by a bigger margin than in 2016, that Republicanswould take the House in 2020, and that his endorsed candidates would win the midterms.

Trump also accused President Joe Biden of being “mentally disabled” in his post.

Some critics responding on Twitter mocked why Trump stashed classified documents at Mar-a-Lago if he could see into the future that FBI agents would search for the files there.

Others speculated that Trump does not understand the meaning of the word clairvoyant.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-declar ... 27940.html
(original: HuffPost)
New Turtle

trump (the former guy)

Post by New Turtle »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:58 am Just an FYI - This is Olivia Nuzzi, the woman Trump is declaring to be “a shaky and unattractive wack job” -

She is also fairly good at getting interviews with Roger Stone, Steve Bannon and Rudy. Last time Rudy butt dialed her was about 2 years ago. He was complaining to someone in the room about needing more money. The house Bannon was renting in DC, she basically just went up to the door, walked in and interviewed for a few hours.
Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

She's a good looking woman, and probably has the gift of "paying attention" to self centered people.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

trump (the former guy)

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:38 pm I would agree with ya’ll, except I’ve heard people in that ambit use it. They like it.
To me, Trump World is the bizarre alternate reality of Donald Trump. Trump is its head and the people within it are either idiots or sycophants.
Sam the Centipede

trump (the former guy)

Post by Sam the Centipede »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
As the mist cleared, Alice saw a wardrobe. "This is strange!" she thought, but she stepped inside, ignoring the musty odor of urine and hate, pushed aside a shabby coat and emerged into a cartoonish world!! "Oh wow! Whats's this? Where am i?" because she was rather stupid and didn't recognize a nightmare when she was having one.

Alice hasn't expected an answer but came there one. A sad voice, illiterate even in speech: "Your in Trumpworld." "Hello" said Alice, her hand quietly releasing the safety catch on the assault rifle in her purse, "Who are you? Are you going somewhere?"

A few wheezes and clunks, then a rusty shape appeared: "I'm the Gold Man. I'm going to the Emeraldelago City to find the wizard." "But," said Alice, "you're not gold, you're fabricated from miscellaneous ferrous alloys now exhibiting serious oxidative degradation compromising your structural integrity as a result of poor manufacturing processes and inadequate maintenance." (Alice was an annoying person.)

"Yes," replied the rust pile, "but the wizard at the Emeraldelago City has lots of gold and will give me some."

Another voice spoke, and Alice turned to see an elderly man with brown streaks running down his face. On his head was a shabby top hat, stuck in the band a label: "9/11".

"We're all going to the Emeraldelago City. We will follow the Orange Brick Wall. You can see it there, between the crematorium and the landscaping company. The wizard will give me a pardon and make me rich. And he …"
The hatter gestured towards a furry pile snoozing at his feet, raising a cloud of clothes moths.
"… is Ass-man, and he wants a brain." "We all want brains!" echoed the Rusty Man. "We're all fucking morons!"

The lion opened one eye, farted, then yawned. He had absolutely no idea what his role in this increasingly annoying story might be. So he rolled over, bit Alice on the leg, who screamed, woke up and hoped the nightmare was over.
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

:o :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:thumbsup:
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

Amazing!
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:16 am So he rolled over, bit Alice on the leg, who screamed, woke up and hoped the nightmare was over.
Very good, Sam, very good!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

trump (the former guy)

Post by Foggy »

Sam with all the legs wins the whole internet thing! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
jemcanada2

trump (the former guy)

Post by jemcanada2 »

:clap: :clap:

And for combining two of my favourite books :clap: :clap: :clap:
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

That is magnificent!
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

Bravo, Sam! Very well done!! :clap: :clap: :lovestruck:
There will be more.

:notworthy1:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”