Chilidog

Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Post by Chilidog »

BOOM
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

https://www.abc15.com/news/political/el ... RJD4K8R2AY
In court paperwork, it was found Lake's team did not find clear and convincing evidence of misconduct related to the election
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Looser! https://wapo.st/3FNdfOu Gift article.

Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

Sadly, Kari would have won if she had hired the Paraclete! :mrgreen:

I mean he's THE expert on quo warranto cases....just ask him. :rotflmao:
bob

Post by bob »

Motion for sanctions due OOB December 26*; opposition due COB same day: no reply.

So Lake has grinched Christmas as well.

* December 26 being a holiday, even.
Image ImageImage
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

The Christmas Eve court ruling:
lakecourtruling.pdf
Merry Christmas, Kari
(165.63 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

bob wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:56 pm Motion for sanctions due OOB December 26*; opposition due COB same day: no reply.

Whoa, that's pedal to the metal. They don't even get a whole weekend! :shock:

Maybe the judge wants the sanctions order before the notice of appeal. :confuzzled:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
bob

Post by bob »

Foggy wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:56 pmMaybe the judge wants the sanctions order before the notice of appeal.
Got it in one; the judge wants to put on a bow on this ASAP, to expedite the (likely inevitable) appeal. IIRC, new guv gets sworn in on January 3rd, which is around 10 days from now.
Image ImageImage
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

No surprises (just read the decision). It is written clearly and covers all the points.
I suppose an appeal is expected, I just don’t see much wiggle room in interpretation (I also listened to most of the trial).
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Nice Christmas present. I liked the judge beginning his opinion with citations from Arizona territorial cases.
bob

Post by bob »

Danraft wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:33 pm I suppose an appeal is expected, I just don’t see much wiggle room in interpretation (I also listened to most of the trial).
:fingerwag:

Can't grift without an appeal.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

A lump of coal in Kari's Christmas stocking?
realist

Post by realist »

Foggy wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:56 pm
bob wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:56 pm Motion for sanctions due OOB December 26*; opposition due COB same day: no reply.

Whoa, that's pedal to the metal. They don't even get a whole weekend! :shock:

Maybe the judge wants the sanctions order before the notice of appeal. :confuzzled:
Not only due the 26th, but EARLY on the 26th:
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED: that a statement of costs including compensation of inspectors under A.R.S. § 16-677(C) must be filed by 8:00 a.m. Monday, December 26, 2022. Failure to do so by the deadline will be deemed a waiver of those costs.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED: any motion for sanctions must be filed by 8:00 a.m. Monday, December 26, 2022, and any response by Plaintiff must be filed by 5:00 p.m. Monday, December 26, 2022. The Court will not consider a reply.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I hope they have some lawyers who ... don't celebrate Christmas, and who maybe don't mind working on Sunday. ;)

Those are my favorite lawyers anyway. :towel:

I was one of them, in a previous century. :whistle:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:lol:

bob

Post by bob »

"For completeness":
Image ImageImage
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Foggy wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:14 pm I hope they have some lawyers who ... don't celebrate Christmas, and who maybe don't mind working on Sunday. ;)

You used to be Jewish? Who knew?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:52 pm
Foggy wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:14 pm I hope they have some lawyers who ... don't celebrate Christmas, and who maybe don't mind working on Sunday. ;)

You used to be Jewish? Who knew?
It's what all the cool kids are revealing these days.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Why is Donofrio so obsessed with inactive voters? I'm sure it doesn't matter and the reason is stupid beyond belief, but just asking :-?
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

SuzieC wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:39 pm Why is Donofrio so obsessed with inactive voters? I'm sure it doesn't matter and the reason is stupid beyond belief, but just asking :-?
As someone who interacted with Leo a bit back in the early birther days, I'd say that his emotional attachments to both his conviction of what is "right" and his own intellectual prowess require not only that the "good guys" are justified, but also that his theories are the correct justification. In other words, he can't just be certain that Lake was cheated out of a victory, his own ego requires that he knows how that cheating occurred. My guess is that he bumped on this particular theory as something that wasn't the most well-known, but, if true, would swing the election and used his birther special power -- an incredibly strong confirmation bias -- to do the rest.

Anyway, just my guess...
:towel:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Boots on the Virtual Ground Report (BOTVG): :P

Jumped into these "trials" and watched the Hamadeh & Lake hearings. It was hilarious watching the Abe and Kari teams fail miserably but declare VICTORY!!! and amp the marks up for an even harder fall. Between a clean sweep of LOSING, and the Omnibus, MAGA is full of anger and despair.

There's a woman I'd never heard of before named Rachel Alexander @Rach_IC, she's a lawyer and a blogger for Townhall and... WND :dance: She, like all the other dopes, has been going nuts with how rigged and corrupt and UNFAIR it all is. :( Dan Barr, who is one of the lawyers who spanked Abe Hamadeh this week, posted a great tweet about these goofballs. For some reason I thought of Realist posting this.
Dan Barr @DanCBarr 9h
Goofball conspiracy claims and wild accusations may have currency on social media and Fox News, but as Abe Hamadeh and Kari Lake have found out in the last 24 hours, the courts are in the reality and Rule of Law business, where facts, and not fiction, rule.
Tom Ryan is another election lawyer in Arizona:

Tom Ryan.JPG
Tom Ryan.JPG (116.3 KiB) Viewed 910 times

Tom is not a big fan of blowhard Robert Barnes who kept tweeting (with "Viva Frei", a Canadian smashmouth lawyer) that this was a SLAM DUNK. :P

Tom Ryan @tomryanlaw 21h
This guy has the IQ of an empty beer can and is spouting utter nonsense about Arizona Election law. What he says in this tweet is FALSE.

Quote Tweet Robert Barnes @barnes_law Dec 23
Arizona law is clear: even inadvertent errors in election require setting aside result if it casts outcome in doubt. Intentionality is NOT required when the error casts actual winner "in doubt."

OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 3h
Replying to @tomryanlaw
This guy has been shouting nonsense for weeks/years. His claim to fame is he won a bet on Trump in 2016. He & his grifter friends set people up for anger & failure by misrepresenting facts & cases. And Elon Musk invited lots of these fabulists like Gateway Pundit back on Twitter.

Rachel decided to chime in with her 2 cents so I asked her what her experience was with AZ election cases. She decided to post a nasty reply about Dan, which Tom retweeted:

Rachel Dan Barr.JPG
Rachel Dan Barr.JPG (83.27 KiB) Viewed 910 times

Several Arizona attorneys are not too happy with Rachel.

OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
Replying to @Rach_IC and 7 others
When mentioning @DanCBarr won the #AZAG #AbrahamHamadeh case this week, Rachel Alexander @Rach_IC posted this reply about Dan. "meaningless generalities" "facts aren't on their side" "complicit court system". She says she's a lawyer. I asked which election cases she argued & won.

Then Rachel, free speech absolutist with total confidence in her position, blocked me. :lol:

So she's in her hidey-hole yelling at clouds.

Made sure to point out that this "trial" reviewed ALL THE EVIDENCE! No more excuses! Edith Massey, whose song "I've Got The Evidence", is, of course, the Fogbow theme song, would be proud.
OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 4h
Replying to @barnes_law @RyanGirdusky and @sourpatchlyds

Lake didn't meet her burden. The ruling is thorough. No more excuses for #ElectionDeniers.
✅ A Judge everybody said was fair;
✅ Held a 2-day Trial; &
✅ Reviewed ALL the EVIDENCE incl. 220 Affidavits, Witnesses & Arguments.
#KatieHobbs is Arizona's Gov-Elect. Happy holidays.

KL Denied.JPG
KL Denied.JPG (86.07 KiB) Viewed 910 times

Tom is also not a fan of Rich Baris.

I'm not either.

OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 1h
Replying to @tomryanlaw and @svdate

❤️ in #KariLake's Denial: "#RichBaris admitted at Trial “nobody can give a specific #” of voters who were put off from voting. Thus, even if Lake proved E1-3 of Count II by clear & convincing evidence the truth of this statement alone DOOMS E4." Kari must be thrilled with Rich.

Baris Denial.JPG
Baris Denial.JPG (209.15 KiB) Viewed 910 times

Baris Denial 2.JPG
Baris Denial 2.JPG (115.71 KiB) Viewed 910 times

There's a lot more laughs on my Twitter feed. This makes a clean sweep: All Arizona Election Deniers FAILED. Lake, Hamadeh, Finchem, Sonny Borrelli aided by True The Vote, and a clown called Josh Barnett with a lawyer named Leo. Josh didn't even make Marc's list. :(
Marc E. Elias @marceelias Dec 23
🚨NEW: Arizona Republicans filed 4 election contests:
✅Sec of State (@RealMarkFinchem LOST).
✅AG (@AbrahamHamadeh LOST).
✅Governor (Sen. @SonnyBorrelli LOST).
❓Governor (@KariLake)
We are waiting for the court to rule in @KariLake to complete the clean sweep.

Bonus: Marc Elias and Democracy Docket have a new podcast, they didn't plan one this week but Arizona warranted it.
Republicans in Arizona Are Not Okay
Defending Democracy
In an impromptu episode, Marc and Paige discuss the status of the five Republican election contests in Arizona and Kari Lake's trial. Plus, get Marc’s thoughts on Congress passing the Electoral Count Reform Act in the omnibus spending bill.

https://podcasts.apple.com/za/podcast/d ... 1660317917

Enjoyed it and let Elias know and he tweeted thanks, it was very cool.

And Marc posted this GOP MAGA tear fest tonight. I've been wishing the election deniers Happy Holidays. :P

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Josh Barnett is still ANGRY and might appeal! Leo gets a shoutout!
Magnus Thuresson @MagnusThuresson
1/5 "Threading the needle"

My thoughts on the "UNDER ADVISEMENT RULING" against @KariLake
https://clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/home/ ... 4564181393
2:14 PM · Dec 24, 2022

2/5 The Judge appeared VERY fair DURING the trial - while being televised - but the set-up BEFORE trial, and the "Under advisement" AFTER, tells a different story.

The phrasing and chosen approach of the ruling looks like threading the needle by a predetermined "design".

3/5 The ruling reads like it would by someone trying to "sell" you that predetermined "design" - RATIONALIZING and ADVOCATING - rather than judging what actually took place IN the trial.

How quickly the ruling has been published, is in my opinion, another tell.

4/5 The Judge knows very well how difficult it is for ANYONE to get standing and challenge corruption around elections - STILL he did NOT provide ANY platform for actually addressing any issues.

The Judge's ruling pretends to uphold the law, but the outcome is something else.

5/5 What we've seen is in my opinion a very skilled "threading the needle", in a game of "legal pretend"...

... and we the people - once again - see why there is less and less faith in the system, when corrupted as it is, at so many levels.

Justice, this is not.

Josh Barnett for Congress (AZ-01) @BarnettforAZ 9h
Replying to @MagnusThuresson and @KariLake
Dog and pony show like I said from the beginning

Magnus Thuresson @MagnusThuresson 9h
Replying to @BarnettforAZ and @KariLake
Watching the two days during the trial - it looked like it was fair - but reading the early ruling is something completely different.

Josh Barnett for Congress (AZ-01) @BarnettforAZ 9h
Replying to @MagnusThuresson and @KariLake
The Judge I had looked fair too. I knew what she would do. She not only didn’t correct herself when I caught them she misinterpreted the law to go after an attorney I would speak with for guidance. Total corruption.

Magnus Thuresson @MagnusThuresson 8h
Replying to @BarnettforAZ and @KariLake
Yes, I read comments from @LCDLAW1 on it.
We all hoped for that strong Judge who WILL make the just ruling to enable justice, the one who WILL stand up against the corruption.

Josh Barnett for Congress (AZ-01) @BarnettforAZ 8h
Replying to @MagnusThuresson @KariLake and @LCDLAW1
I may still appeal.
Do it Josh! Do it Leo!

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

So, given the fact that the judge in the fLake case is asking for a sanctions motion and a response on Monday...

Can I assume that a ruling on sanctions will post before the Arixona Supreme Court opens for business on Tuesady?

And why is Lske by passing the Appeals Court level?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Most lawyers I have known don't mind once and a while, and you pay for the privilege of them not minding; they just prefer not to make a habit and make sure it's for a good cause.

That last part is probably the rub.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “Governors & State Elections”